TForce | South Holland ,,going In The First Wave

HAHAHAHA wait till they get a bunch of road drivers that havnt workd the dock in 20 years messing up their production #s they are so worried about. we will see:1036316054:

Thats me, Speaking for my self, I will only get in the way and slow the production down. I will have my self written up and removed from the dock.:hysterical:

No it is dock time, according to the contract, the driver has seniority over part time personnell.

I don't see where the senoriority issue has anything to do with where the hours are going to be counted against.

Currently it goes against delay pay unless the driver swipes to dock then it gets counted as dock production and it goes against the bills per hour.

If what he said is true then there is no delay pay were just forced to work the dock, that is not a benefit. In the bigger terminals there not gonna have 50 drivers sweeping trailers and emptying trash. We would be doing the job of a dockworker.

I don't see where the senoriority issue has anything to do with where the hours are going to be counted against.

Currently it goes against delay pay unless the driver swipes to dock then it gets counted as dock production and it goes against the bills per hour.

If what he said is true then there is no delay pay were just forced to work the dock, that is not a benefit. In the bigger terminals there not gonna have 50 drivers sweeping trailers and emptying trash. We would be doing the job of a dockworker.

Well I agree, but if I were a business owner who had to pay people who was just sitting around, I too would put them to work, I am sure most probably expected that, or atleast I would think so......

And it will count as dock production, I guess a few part time people will be going home if it is that slow. Or the loads are not out in time.

And under contract you cannot work the dock if it is taking work away from any other dock worker.

I know we are speculating on this and I don't know if you run th road or not.

But currently we get paid 13 somthing/hour to sit in the break room and eat m&ms, most hubs allow you to work the dock if you want to.

That is not delay pay, that is working the dock.

I can see it now the drivers that meet at empty lots will have to sweep the parking lot or sort and seg the grocery loads in there pup.

I know we are speculating on this and I don't know if you run th road or not.

But currently we get paid 13 somthing/hour to sit in the break room and eat m&ms, most hubs allow you to work the dock if you want to.

That is not delay pay, that is working the dock.

I can see it now the drivers that meet at empty lots will have to sweep the parking lot or sort and seg the grocery loads in there pup.

I am a 25 year Road Driver with "O" /UPSF

I was talking to an indy driver and he says that you are getting paid for delay but that they are making you work. Whether its cleaning the garbage from the pits or sweeping out trailers, they are not sitting and getting paid.

According to the ops mgr at my barn this is the way he is instructed to handle union drivers who come thru. If your freight is not ready and you are on the clock then the driver is to be put to work. This was a couple months ago. However we are an EOL terminal so I have not seen it actually happen.

Well I agree, but if I were a business owner who had to pay people who was just sitting around, I too would put them to work, I am sure most probably expected that, or atleast I would think so......

And it will count as dock production, I guess a few part time people will be going home if it is that slow. Or the loads are not out in time.

If drivers are expected to throw freight, sweep etc. when our loads are not ready, then why shouldn't dispatchers, dock supervisors, terminal managers, etc. be forced to do the same when the phones aren't ringing or when their reports are all finished or they have no meetings to attend? Sounds fair to me. If I have to perform tasks outside of my chosen career, to get payed for my time, then so shouldn't the terminal manager! Where am I going wrong here? Elvis out.....

If drivers are expected to throw freight, sweep etc. when our loads are not ready, then why shouldn't dispatchers, dock supervisors, terminal managers, etc. be forced to do the same when the phones aren't ringing or when their reports are all finished or they have no meetings to attend? Sounds fair to me. If I have to perform tasks outside of my chosen career, to get payed for my time, then so shouldn't the terminal manager! Where am I going wrong here? Elvis out.....

You are not going wrong and this is a thorn in the side of the union, Thier job is too manage, I am not all for that but unfortunatly is thier job, so with that being said if they do what you would like too see them do, then they are taking work away from a union worker.

Sounds foolish, but it's the truth.:smilie_132:

xtra work

when I was a super., and had drivers waiting I was told to have them run rails or pick up mty`s, I offered it but didn`t tell them they had too. it was in the book, if you turned it down they didn`t have to pay you. thats why I offered, i`d tell em to go out and clean their truck or something, out of site of the bosses.

when I was a super., and had drivers waiting I was told to have them run rails or pick up mty`s, I offered it but didn`t tell them they had too. it was in the book, if you turned it down they didn`t have to pay you. thats why I offered, i`d tell em to go out and clean their truck or something, out of site of the bosses.

Well I for one would have taken you up on the offer from time too time. Sounds too me like you tried working with people. There should be more like you.:1036316054: