TForce | South Holland ,,going In The First Wave

Ok has any one seen any cards yet we have had our meeting sent in a roster get told that we are not in the first wave we might get the second wave with all three Colorado terms. in the last two weeks to of the colorado terms lost there TM's so something is happening i think

I find that a few linehaul drivers aren't to keen on the idea of going with the Teamsters.

I think everybody in the city,and dock workers,all the ones that have to deal with the TM's,and supervisors all the time would like to see some good solid,contract language regarding work rules.

I find that a few linehaul drivers aren't to keen on the idea of going with the Teamsters.

I think everybody in the city,and dock workers,all the ones that have to deal with the TM's,and supervisors all the time would like to see some good solid,contract language regarding work rules.

You are 100% right. We had that problem about a year ago. Now we have most of them because they got screwed over. The other few did see the light finally.

Louisville Signing Cards

The cards arrived at local 89 in Louisville from the international monday.

We have meetings set for Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

By Sunday it should be a done deal!!!!!!

:1036316054:

Correct, I have posted here that all hourly employees will get a better deal with out losing anything.

nor so with road drivers, unless the contracts that are passed around are not correct.

Correct, I have posted here that all hourly employees will get a better deal with out losing anything.

nor so with road drivers, unless the contracts that are passed around are not correct.

What are you talking about? The Indy. road drivers will be earning 66 cents per mile at the conclusion of their contract!!!!! Where are they going to lose? Please help me understand your math!!!!! Elvis out....

vacation pay going from an average to straight 8 hours.

Drop and hooks being paid straight time vs the point system.

The only thing that a linehaul driver can possibly not get all the time is drop and hook pay. At most union barns, a yard jockey breaks and puts sets together. Other than that, they get down time, breakdown time, layover pay, more pennies a mile and best of all nothing major to whine about.

plus it would be nice to take 30.min to hook and check the trailers springs. u bolts air leaks lights. clean your windows. etc. instead of rushing because you have to get you oints and go out f the gate draging your chains with no lights on your back box. get paid if you have a problem. and need to have a repair. think about it. getting paid one price flat rate is never a good deal. like if you hook up and have a flat tire because the driver that pulled your trailer last did not do a post trip. well you stay on the clock and get it repaired.

You are wrong on the vacation pay! I talked with an Indy. driver and they got that corrected. It will be an average, like it was before. And as far as your hook and break, it will help you slow down a little and do your pre trip correctly. People who drop and pick in the larger yards will like the new way better, due to delays from congestion in yard, unable to find trailers, shop time etc. It's a better deal all the way around. Period. End of argument. Elvis out and looking out for what's best for all. Not just what's best for me.....

how can you tell me what is best for me?
for any road driver the majority of your money is made while driving, almost $38 an hour. Not hooking. Would you rather be making $21.xx or $38.xx? That is why me and others drop and hook as fast as possible, but you want us to slow down, for every hour we spend dropping and hooking $21.xx/hr that is one less hour we could be driving $38.xx/hr, what would you rather be doing?

To "break even" on the hooks I would have to spend 4.3 hours a day fueling, dropping and hooking, if every road driver slowed down that is gonna delay the freight. And city and dock will be made to make this time up. Better deal all the way around? Thinking of just me?

Congestion? If there are enough road drivers in a big yard to cause congestion now what do you think is gonna happpen once there paid by the hour? Again for every hour not on the road were losing money.
Better for everyone?

The contract could and should have been written to benefit everyone, I don't want it written to benefit just me or make it worse for you. So how am I just thinking of myself?

It was posted here by more than one person that talked to an indy driver or there union hall and the road driver pay went from an average to straight 8.

Your saying we can change the contract when we want? Can the company change it when they want? Can we vote to keep the 401k match? I don't see the difference between the two, how can indy vote to approve a contract that takes away the road drivers average vacation pay, then want to change it affter the fact?

Someone has there story mixed up.

It sounds like you talked to a road driver but are not one, but you can tell me what is best for me?

I would be for a contract that benefits everyone, this one does not.

If the vacation and drop hook pay can be fixed then I could be for it. Also there has to be language to prevent supervisors from working, I gave up half my run so a dock/cdl could make some extra $$$ (again thinking of just me), they have been working less than 40 per week, they try to work extra board on saturdays, but all week the inbd sup has been breaking freight while dockworkers sit at home. That is not right, but what do I know I am thinking of just me.

I like how you and others play the "me, me, me" card when someone shows some concern about this contract.

I guess you and others see it as your either for this contract as it stands, or your selfish, antiunion and only thinking of yourself.

Can you not beleive there are people in the middle that would want to vote yes but see this contract as not much of an improvement.

Everyone shoud get an improvement, but NOONE should have to settle for less then what they get now.