TForce | South Holland ,,going In The First Wave

There are two main words regarding any contract.
BARGANING,and COMPROMISE.

You tell your reps what you want they go to the company,and bargaine with them.
Its a give,and take,the company gives,and the company takes back.
What comes from these talks are a compromise thats eithere agreed on by the majority,or rejected.
And the beat goes on untill a settelment is reached for a majority vote.

Wha-Lha start paying your dues,and enjoying the contract you just agreed to.

California starts signing tomorrow Jan, 19th, well actual today I turned mine in because I work tomorrow when they will be at the meeting hall..Fresno at last count had only 1 with a noway.

how can you tell me what is best for me?
for any road driver the majority of your money is made while driving, almost $38 an hour. Not hooking. Would you rather be making $21.xx or $38.xx? That is why me and others drop and hook as fast as possible, but you want us to slow down, for every hour we spend dropping and hooking $21.xx/hr that is one less hour we could be driving $38.xx/hr, what would you rather be doing?

How about doing it at a safe pace and actually doing a proper pre-trip? Money or safety? I'd rather not kill someone or lose my job. Think about what you're saying...

for any road driver the majority of your money is made while driving, almost $38 an hour. Not hooking. Would you rather be making $21.xx or $38.xx? That is why me and others drop and hook as fast as possible, but you want us to slow down, for every hour we spend dropping and hooking $21.xx/hr that is one less hour we could be driving $38.xx/hr, what would you rather be doing?

This is not a true figure. Your mileage is a finite amount if you run a set run. When do you calculate the wait time in your hourly formula?

How about doing it at a safe pace and actually doing a proper pre-trip? Money or safety? I'd rather not kill someone or lose my job. Think about what you're saying...

I am at a safe pace, I did not count a pre trip in either scenarios add 15 mins to both that is a moot point. How could I kill someone? I am not one of the ones speeding around the yard, I can't stand those people.

This is not a true figure. Your mileage is a finite amount if you run a set run. When do you calculate the wait time in your hourly formula?

Show me it is not true, mileage is not a set amount, you can be sent different places, what wait time? I can work the dock.

All it takes is once............... And he may never do it again.

12 years of commercial driving only 1 accident a truck lost control and veered into my lane, how can I be any safer?

I tried to tell the guy. He just don't want to listen. Elvis out...

do you have a link or is this hear say?

Yes, that is true for some road runs(our terminals road runs are set, they never vary) but you yourself said that you would rather be paid what amounts to $38 per hour driving, than have to work through your delay at $22 p/hr on the dock. Per your statement about d/h pay compared to hourly pay, while performing non-driving duties.:smilie_132:

California starts signing tomorrow Jan, 19th, well actual today I turned mine in because I work tomorrow when they will be at the meeting hall..Fresno at last count had only 1 with a noway.

So. Cal. were signing cards all week. Two or three terminals had well over the 65% by mid week. Elvis out....

To "break even" on the hooks I would have to spend 4.3 hours a day fueling, dropping and hooking, if every road driver slowed down that is gonna delay the freight. And city and dock will be made to make this time up. Better deal all the way around? Thinking of just me?

Congestion? If there are enough road drivers in a big yard to cause congestion now what do you think is gonna happpen once there paid by the hour? Again for every hour not on the road were losing money.
Better for everyone?

The contract could and should have been written to benefit everyone, I don't want it written to benefit just me or make it worse for you. So how am I just thinking of myself?

It was posted here by more than one person that talked to an indy driver or there union hall and the road driver pay went from an average to straight 8.

Your saying we can change the contract when we want? Can the company change it when they want? Can we vote to keep the 401k match? I don't see the difference between the two, how can indy vote to approve a contract that takes away the road drivers average vacation pay, then want to change it affter the fact?

Someone has there story mixed up.

It sounds like you talked to a road driver but are not one, but you can tell me what is best for me?

I would be for a contract that benefits everyone, this one does not.

If the vacation and drop hook pay can be fixed then I could be for it. Also there has to be language to prevent supervisors from working, I gave up half my run so a dock/cdl could make some extra $$$ (again thinking of just me), they have been working less than 40 per week, they try to work extra board on saturdays, but all week the inbd sup has been breaking freight while dockworkers sit at home. That is not right, but what do I know I am thinking of just me.

I like how you and others play the "me, me, me" card when someone shows some concern about this contract.

I guess you and others see it as your either for this contract as it stands, or your selfish, antiunion and only thinking of yourself.

Can you not beleive there are people in the middle that would want to vote yes but see this contract as not much of an improvement.

Everyone shoud get an improvement, but NOONE should have to settle for less then what they get now.

I'm not telling you what's best for you. I'm saying what's best for the majority of drivers. You will never introduce a contract that makes everyone happy. But the biggest complaint with rddr is the time spent on duty, not being compensated. This contract addresses this issue. You can't expect to be compensated for more time than you have spent on duty. Some people such as yourself obviously fall into that group, who have worked the system in their favor. I don't begrudge you for that. But sir, their are a lot who are much less fortunate than you. Their are people, who are on duty for several hours a week, that go uncompensated. You can believe me, or you can dismiss it as hearsay. It's up to you. As far as a congested terminal is concerned, the drivers will not be inclined to take as many unsafe chances in the yards. They will relax and do their job safely and not be so concerned about the extra time it's taking to get out of the yard (uncompensated by the way) Marker light out, air leak, flat tire? Take it to the shop. You will get payed now. It takes away the urge to chance an unsafe decision. No one changed the contract. They did not vote for a different pay for vacations. Again, this was grieved, and was found by an arbitrator to be true. VACATION PAY STAYS THE SAME AS IT WAS!!! I have no problem with you opposing the Indy. contract. I have no problem with you sitting on the fence, not sure how to feel about this whole thing. One thing is for sure, you will be a Teamster, just like me. We must find a way to make it work for us. I suggest getting involved with your prospective locals. Get involved immediately, and stay involved. It is up to all of us to persuade our locals to look out for our best interests. Some locals are not as aggressive as others. It will be up to us all to push them in that direction. Elvis out...

You took the words right out of my mouth. Allthough I do want to be paid for my D&H's Its not about the money, Its about doing it at a comfortable speed so as not to miss anything and knowing that when you pull away its done right. It would be nice to D&H and get it done in the little time they pay us for, But to do it safely, it takes longer. Speed or safety?? I will take safety because sooner or later the speed thing will catch up with you and you will forget something. And that could kill someone or you could lose your job.

You will never introduce a contract that makes everyone happy. But the biggest complaint with rddr is the time spent on duty, not being compensated.

Yeah they can, keep the pont system like it is but add .2 for a pre and post trip on each trailer. Problem solved that is 24 minuites for a set.

I just hope this gets fixed in the regional contracts/suppliments, here in the south we don't have to worry about hooking in the snow or freezing cold. We can do it faster than the northern guys. Thy should get the extra time.

I am not gonna take this thread off topic anymore.

Yeah they can, keep the pont system like it is but add .2 for a pre and post trip on each trailer. Problem solved that is 24 minuites for a set.

I just hope this gets fixed in the regional contracts/suppliments, here in the south we don't have to worry about hooking in the snow or freezing cold. We can do it faster than the northern guys. Thy should get the extra time.

I am not gonna take this thread off topic anymore.

The cold is tough hooking a set. I can't count the number of times that I have hooked a set only to find the kite trailer brakes frozen. That usually means 1-2 hours more of free time trying to find a mechanic or waiting for a vendor. Also we have alot of problems with the plastic air lines breaking in the freezing cold while hooking. More free time is given. Our point 3 (18min) for hooking turns out to be 2 hours and we still get 18 minutes of pay. BUMMER!!!

The cold is tough hooking a set. I can't count the number of times that I have hooked a set only to find the kite trailer brakes frozen. That usually means 1-2 hours more of free time trying to find a mechanic or waiting for a vendor. Also we have alot of problems with the plastic air lines breaking in the freezing cold while hooking. More free time is given. Our point 3 (18min) for hooking turns out to be 2 hours and we still get 18 minutes of pay. BUMMER!!!

Very soon, you will be paid for every minute of sitting around and waiting for them to fix the junk.

You would think the people that came up with the point system worked in Miami.

I'm not telling you what's best for you. I'm saying what's best for the majority of drivers. You will never introduce a contract that makes everyone happy. But the biggest complaint with rddr is the time spent on duty, not being compensated. This contract addresses this issue. You can't expect to be compensated for more time than you have spent on duty. Some people such as yourself obviously fall into that group, who have worked the system in their favor. I don't begrudge you for that. But sir, their are a lot who are much less fortunate than you. Their are people, who are on duty for several hours a week, that go uncompensated. You can believe me, or you can dismiss it as hearsay. It's up to you. As far as a congested terminal is concerned, the drivers will not be inclined to take as many unsafe chances in the yards. They will relax and do their job safely and not be so concerned about the extra time it's taking to get out of the yard (uncompensated by the way) Marker light out, air leak, flat tire? Take it to the shop. You will get payed now. It takes away the urge to chance an unsafe decision. No one changed the contract. They did not vote for a different pay for vacations. Again, this was grieved, and was found by an arbitrator to be true. VACATION PAY STAYS THE SAME AS IT WAS!!! I have no problem with you opposing the Indy. contract. I have no problem with you sitting on the fence, not sure how to feel about this whole thing. One thing is for sure, you will be a Teamster, just like me. We must find a way to make it work for us. I suggest getting involved with your prospective locals. Get involved immediately, and stay involved. It is up to all of us to persuade our locals to look out for our best interests. Some locals are not as aggressive as others. It will be up to us all to push them in that direction. Elvis out...

I was talking to an indy driver and he says that you are getting paid for delay but that they are making you work. Whether its cleaning the garbage from the pits or sweeping out trailers, they are not sitting and getting paid.

I was talking to an indy driver and he says that you are getting paid for delay but that they are making you work. Whether its cleaning the garbage from the pits or sweeping out trailers, they are not sitting and getting paid.

Ya Right!!! I guess under the new contract drivers are taking work away from the dock workers.:chairshot:

HAHAHAHA, Most road drivers rather sleep in there truck for the 13.xx an hour they get now that.

HAHAHAHA wait till they get a bunch of road drivers that havnt workd the dock in 20 years messing up their production #s they are so worried about. we will see:1036316054: