ABF | Start the Picketline

And these are just some of the reasons the Teamsters find themselves in the position they are today. Why would a new hire want to buy into what they are selling? Exactly who’s to blame for the Teamsters demise? The IBT or the members? After all they did vote on it? If the vote goes the same this time it will probably seal the fate of the Teamsters in the LTL MARKET. And If its goes the other way it will probably seal ABF’s fate. It appears to be a lose .... lose situation.
Time is running out like sand in the hour glass.

Or, maybe.....”Sour taste of defeat”....

What happens if this.....steaming heap of an agreement........is ratified?

Once again, ABF is probably the only American Corporation not to give vacation to newly hired and one year employees. Wait another year.

The pay raises are practically insulting......An industry low.......especially in light of the rest of the LTL business.....

The de-funding of pensions continues unabated. It’s almost like there’s a ......conspiracy between employers and the IBT ,......to ruin defined-benefit funds. UPS buys out,.....YRC cuts payments,.....pension funds nationwide suffer.......

And the IBT Negotiating Committee doesn’t see this?

At one time, ABF didn’t need to advertise or recruit for employees. No Union employer did.......And the IBT allowed them to set up casual/peferred casual/new-hire.....”hoops” to jump through,......so that only the most tenacious guys stuck out the ....up to several year.....process to get hired with healthcare and pension.

What is ABF’s turnover rate now? .......What is the incentive for anyone to bother getting hired here now?......Low pay,...no vacation,...poor prospects for pension......

It’s almost like they are....plotting......the company to fail.

Last contract, ABF admitted that 75% of their employees were within 5 years of retirement..........That’s now........How many guys will pull the trigger on retirement if this putrid lump of a contract is passed? ABF doesn’t care if they’ve sown the seeds of their own destruction?

Or.........are they going to use their.......inability........to hire as an excuse to greatly expand their non-Union assets?

And the IBT doesn’t see that?
Who can afford to retire knowing your pension could be cut to 1/3? I’d be scared to.

And these are just some of the reasons the Teamsters find themselves in the position they are today. Why would a new hire want to buy into what they are selling? Exactly who’s to blame for the Teamsters demise? The IBT or the members? After all they did vote on it? If the vote goes the same this time it will probably seal the fate of the Teamsters in the LTL MARKET. And If its goes the other way it will probably seal ABF’s fate. It appears to be a lose .... lose situation.
This isn’t the union debate thread. Mind your own business.

Sweet taste of Victory.

Start the Picketline !

LET'S 100% VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

AFL ICO

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Sweet taste of Victory.

Start the Picketline !

LET'S 100% VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

AFL ICO

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Start the picket line!

It’s flawed thinking. It’s hope as a tactic.

Mike Williams (Mark Walberg) Deepwater Horizon (2016)

The agony of defeat…..

Start the picket line!

It’s flawed thinking. It’s hope as a tactic.

Mike Williams (Mark Walberg) Deepwater Horizon (2016)

I honestly think a "NO" vote will,....after some carping and grumping,....send both parties back to the negotiating table.......

No,....ABF/ArcBest isn't ready to close the doors,....it's an old, stale tactic to terrorize the rank-and-file into accepting the ....FIRST offer.....

Why Mr. Soehl is allowing a.....letter with his name on it,...to circulate on social media,.........WITHOUT an "Official" comment on it,...one way or another,....is rather puzzling to me,........UNLESS the strategy is to...."secretly let guys' conscience and employment fears work against them,.........Silence on this ..."letter"......is just another..."strategy",...in My Opinion.

And,......if enough guys worry themselves into a "YES" vote,......well, then,...Our Work Is Done. You Guys VOTED For It. Nothing Further For The IBT Negotiating Committee to Do.......

NO Second Offer.........

Have the majority of the Locals taken a Strike vote?...I know SOME have,...but certainly not all.....Wouldn't it be imperative to attempt to continue negotiations,...in Good Faith,.....rather than striking? Common Sense says so........

ABF used a "subtle" tactic last negotiations......Worked real well,.......just enough guys were...."stampeded" into accepting concessions,.........to the disgust,....and eventual VINDICATION,....by just under HALF of ABF employees...

You don't think they'll try something equally ..."subtle".....again this time?...especially when it worked SO WELL last time?

I wonder if this might be relevant?
Brexit and the Prisoner's Dilemma
"As of June 24, 2016, Britain and the European Union face a real-world prisoner's dilemma. Britain's decision to leave the EU by invoking Article 50 means that the country has a two-year period to negotiate its economic and political relationship with the EU. As is expected, both sides are keeping self-interests in mind when approaching the negotiating table.

For example, Britain seeks to obtain the advantages of the EU's single market with none of the potential costs. Meanwhile, the EU has called for consequences in regards Britain's exit vote, wanting to make an example for any other country thinking of leaving. However, if both sides decide to work together to come to an agreement that is mutually beneficial, the prisoner's dilemma can be circumvented and both sides can prosper. If both sides hold fast to personal interests, neither side benefits; it becomes a zero-sum game."

This doesn’t look good however you want to view it.
You fail to grasp even the basic concept of our Brotherhood we get to vote on it. You have never ever had that luxury.
So don’t come on here talking your crap. It doesn’t fly. You a known liar and cheat want us to listen to anything you have to say. What a joke. All your work rules are shoved up your ass you have no say. Never forget that we decide not the company. We still have it light years ahead of you.

Anyone know where I can find a link to the CSPF conference call yesterday? I recorded most of it but I was pretriping a set and put my phone down in the cab and I must of accidentally touched something because my recording stops at the first question.

Lots of openings, fewer raises — The current U.S. labor market puzzle????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Didn’t Ernie say he was a man of his word and if anything was voted down he would strike abf? Well Ernie what’s up?

No,.......he only was alleged to have said that in a private letter to another Union official.......that somehow got “released” onto the social media rumor network........

Much like ABF’s alleged sale to YRC........

...(...if the tactic works, use it over and over..)....

So,..........since it never was made Official Teamster policy,.........Mr. Soehl can disavow the contents of that....unofficial letter....

He can say it was merely ramblings between Union guys.....

Or.....he can say it was....photoshopped......

Whichever way works best, I guess.....Shame that he couldn’t come before ALL the members and clearly state what his “strategy “ was,......so that guys didn’t have to .......once again.......be swayed by rumors......