XPO | Starting at XPO next week. Any tips?

Finished my first week of training. Did 3.5 days of P&D. Starting line haul tonight at 7:30 pm. Sucks about the training pay. Only getting paid for 8 hour days and did two 10 hour days and one 11hr+.

In P&D the route/area makes a huge difference. I went two days with a suburban driver whose area was about 8 square miles and consisted of business parks. Big open and empty streets with big docks. Friday I went out with a city driver and it was a nightmare. Traffic, construction, tight docks, alleys, low bridges, etc.

Finished my first week of training. Did 3.5 days of P&D. Starting line haul tonight at 7:30 pm. Sucks about the training pay. Only getting paid for 8 hour days and did two 10 hour days and one 11hr+.

In P&D the route/area makes a huge difference. I went two days with a suburban driver whose area was about 8 square miles and consisted of business parks. Big open and empty streets with big docks. Friday I went out with a city driver and it was a nightmare. Traffic, construction, tight docks, alleys, low bridges, etc.
Your suppose to paid 12 hours reg time when you do your l/h training runs. Just an FYI.

I said the same thing about training pay when I started. Great indicator of how you will be treated. I feel like I'm still sticking it out after 13 years here. I don't know if I'd recommend sticking around after getting a year in. Up until a couple years ago, I was able to support my family of four on my l/h salary so it is a living. Nowadays, it's very hard with one income. I'm thankful that my wife is now working. I have one kid that starts at a state college this week and one that starts her junior year in high school. Whatever you decide driver, I wish you the best of luck, and like was said earlier in this thread, do you job and stay away from the drama the best you can.

Don't get intimidated. Stick with it. Look ahead. Keep your future in mind.