FedEx Freight | staying awake

Just stick to rule #1.
Plus, save the beer and/or hard stuff for the weekend. Sleep quality is much better without it during the week. All the other stuff (5 hour energy, coke, seeds, etc...) is wasted money. Rule #1 is free and easy.

I disagree on the 5 hour energy drink! Some days I only slept 3-4 hours and I always carry one with me and it works for me! I tried all the other stuff (monster, redbull, coffee,etc etc etc) and none of them worked for me!

I use five hour energy sparingly. Mostly just so I can make it. I have noticed though if I'm to tired I doesn't touch me. If you use it to much it looses it's effectiveness on you just like caffeine.

Most of the people I know seem to think they can live a normal life during the day and work all night driving a truck.
If you burn the candle at both ends, it will eventually bite you in the keester.

I have a blacklist set up on my phone, when I am asleep, my cell will only ring if my immediate family calls.... It auto sends straight to vm any callers not in my contact list and any blocked numbers.

I never get sleepy at work and in all the years of driving, I have needed to take a nap 1 time. I sleep about 7 hours a day and feel best at this amount.

Also, you said your used to do shuttle and all the exercise that goes with it, but now your just driving on a laydown. Your might want to do some kind of walking or work out at the layover to replace what you used to do and resist the temptation to eat out of boredom! I went thru the same thing and gained a bunch of weight which caused sleep problems. So I had to lose the weight and now I sleep good again.

I never get sleepy at work and in all the years of driving, I have needed to take a nap 1 time. I sleep about 7 hours a day and feel best at this amount.

Same here, 7 hrs. is perfect for me and I can't remember the last time I took a steering wheel nap. Those things are habit forming ya know?

Absolutely...P309

I used to eat horrible, stop and get greasy foods, have heartburn for hours and gained alot of weight...

I quit that lifestyle and I have lost alot of weight, I pack some low carb peanut butter crackers (the brand I use are here) and bottles of water flavored with Mio (link here) and thats it.

I eat a low carb, lower fat, high protein diet of less than 1800 calories a day , I eat no bread, no potatoes and no junk carbs.... All the carbs I get are from Complex Carbohydrates vegetables and grain.

I sleep better and I still have a ways to go but for the last 4 months I have been doing this, I feel much much better and have dropped 20+lbs

Snacking is a habit, you do it everyday and you will find you need that snack.

Same here, 7 hrs. is perfect for me and I can't remember the last time I took a steering wheel nap. Those things are habit forming ya know?

Yep, I see the same people slumped over the steering wheels all the time.

Absolutely...P309

I used to eat horrible, stop and get greasy foods, have heartburn for hours and gained alot of weight...

I quit that lifestyle and I have lost alot of weight, I pack some low carb peanut butter crackers (the brand I use are here) and bottles of water flavored with Mio (link here) and thats it.

I eat a low carb, lower fat, high protein diet of less than 1800 calories a day , I eat no bread, no potatoes and no junk carbs.... All the carbs I get are from Complex Carbohydrates vegetables and grain.

I sleep better and I still have a ways to go but for the last 4 months I have been doing this, I feel much much better and have dropped 20+lbs

Good deal! Hey thanks for the link to the low carb PB crackers. I never knew they were made, I miss a good pack of crackers.. I'll try 'em out.

Good deal! Hey thanks for the link to the low carb PB crackers. I never knew they were made, I miss a good pack of crackers.. I'll try 'em out.

Those are just the crackers, you have to put your own peanut butter on them of course and put them in a sammich bag. You can find those at Walmart, usually in the produce section.

Jeff how do you set up a black list. I don't hear my phone ring most of the time. But it would be nice to have for the days when everybody wants to talk to me.

Jeff how do you set up a black list. I don't hear my phone ring most of the time. But it would be nice to have for the days when everybody wants to talk to me.

I have a Nokia E71 and I had to get an app for it.. (2 bucks)

I am sure android has one if thats what you use

Absolutely...P309

Driver, driver, driver...that Bud light has plenty of mty carbs, if you put it with those stupid awesome ribs you make, it may level things out though..:)

Driver, driver, driver...that Bud light has plenty of mty carbs, if you put it with those stupid awesome ribs you make, it may level things out though..:)

I have to drink Bud Select 55 and when I do, I rarely drink more than 3

I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks , didn't drink a single one all Labor Day weekend and the fridge is full of them.

I smoke 3 packs of cigarettes, drink about 12 cans of Rock Star energy drink, eat a bag of 3 pepper Doritos, and munch on Hostess snack cakes in the course of a night. It seems to work for me.
You sound like that cow that robbed me, replace the rockstar with diet dr pepper and you got that chick... yep, I'm a moron!!

Whatever you do- do not listen to the Trucking Network- they have a tone that is like white noise, they'll put you to sleep. I usually take 1/2 a Nodoz going out and 1/2 coming back. Keep the temperature low/comfortable, when comfortable,turn off the fan (when staying warm) if you get too warm that's usually trouble. In summer I don't freeze myself either- get the cab cool, keep the fan low, and put the temp. at or around the 10 or 11 o'clock position- works for me.

I usually stick with water- pop gets old, and is fattening, and it does a number on your teeth (enamel). Do your best not to use anything- on the weekends you'll have withdrawl headaches and you'll need to take whatever you were using during the week to get you over it. Get as much natural sleep as possible (6 hours plus). Buying coffee is getting expensive now, get a thermos and brew your own. I heard people use some big yellow pill, I want to call Stacker? It is used for weight loss I guess, and it works. In the 90's we used a pill called white crosses sold at truck stops- you take one of them and you'd be up for at least 24 hours easy- it used in asthma meds. and it made all your hair stand on end, like goose bumps and you could smell a fart 2 miles away, your sinuses cleared up, and were wide open. I don't think they sell that anymore- I heard it raised the blood pressure and people were passing out. Just watch what you eat- your driving more and sweating less, and the pounds will catch up fast. Eat healthy, take power naps as needed.

I have to drink Bud Select 55 and when I do, I rarely drink more than 3

I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks , didn't drink a single one all Labor Day weekend and the fridge is full of them.
What is wrong with you man!?! Are you going insane? Not one beer and the fridge is full? You need a 44 yr old son? I like baseball, ribs, and beer, of course when you adopt me I won't work, gotta re-live the party yrs, heroin and cocaine in the house isn't a problem is it? Daddy??

apples are a natural eye opener. spice channel on xm or sirrus. One Eye says play with your self and you will never go to sleep holding your junk.