Yellow | Stock going into the 4 dollar range

You can’t fix stupid. Roadway management had forgot more than Yellow will ever know.
Is that why Roadway had to have a manager for every 5 doors, while Yellow had a manager for every 50 doors????? I always wondered that....

YF Stock was an unsplit $28 when they laid me off. I quit, rather than work for Roadway letter-writing managers Look at the result....

Is that why Roadway had to have a manager for every 5 doors, while Yellow had a manager for every 50 doors????? I always wondered that....

YF Stock was an unsplit $28 when they laid me off. I quit, rather than work for Roadway letter-writing managers Look at the result....
Roadway Abq. was a 40 door dock with a Teamster running the shift. Yellow borrowed $966 million to buy Roadway, look at the result.....

Roadway Abq. was a 40 door dock with a Teamster running the shift. Yellow borrowed $966 million to buy Roadway, look at the result.....

If I had to decide who was better to work for - Roadway or Yellow - I'd say Maislin was.

When I started with Roadway ABQ. as a casual in 1981, I worked with Teamsters that had been laid off from Yellow. Yellow was a breakbulk in ABQ. that had moved that work to PHX. Then Yellow brought the work back to ABQ. and recalled the laid off. In late 2008 after the merger, the Roadway Teamsters moved onto the Yellow dock. And there I was working with some of my old friends again.

I cannot fathom working in severe weather in freight when pallets were a luxury.

We did move freight on carts and with pallet jacks on the dock, one forklift, 30 doors, to downstack.

I recall a shift supervisor and a couple of assistants breaking down bills and carrying clipboards. That changed within a very few years. Became one shift manager only.

After 2000 or 2001, there was no supervision on graveyard. I printed bills, organized routes and matched freight.

It seems that the ‘old school’ philosophy persisted in the east, while the Western Gillette acquisition provided a different atmosphere.

I learned from those at Willig, that supervision was always provided by lead men on each shift.

In my experience, things run much more smoothly with hands off management.