ODFL | Stop the vehicle and log in.

yes ... latest software update ... if the truck moves the driver must be on duty ... people are getting written up and potentially will be fired if proper logging procedures are not followed, but since you are seeing the message guess you were not on duty and driving the truck .... ??

yes ... latest software update ... if the truck moves the driver must be on duty ... people are getting written up and potentially will be fired if proper logging procedures are not followed, but since you are seeing the message guess you were not on duty and driving the truck .... ??
Seems to me that this is a computer issue, easy to fix.
You should not be able to start the truck without being logged in, easy fix with the computer and the IT department.
What about when you are Off Duty heading for a motel or food.?
Again nothing posted about this. Is it a NEW Policy?

Anybody seen this on the Blu?
Yes,That Software was finally released.They can monitor when the truck moves and if you are not logged in.My understanding from Corp it is Ok to put your stuff in tractor off-duty.But,when you walk out from Dispatch to begin your run you must be logged in before moving any further.They have had problem's with driver's hooking trailer's,etc on off-duty status.Which we are all guilty of in someway.lol

Reactions: Ump
Seems to me that this is a computer issue, easy to fix.
You should not be able to start the truck without being logged in, easy fix with the computer and the IT department.
What about when you are Off Duty heading for a motel or food.?
Again nothing posted about this. Is it a NEW Policy?
You will be fine to continue with off-duty to motel.I have had discussion's with IT over this software and that was one concern.They are aware of it.No new policy of right now.This is just the new updates with People Net and OD's IT Dept.Also,Corp. will be able to fix alot of issue's with Equipment behind the desk now.Nothing for you to be concerned over.

Believe this is being set up for rules coming if you do anything in the truck, better be on duty.

Believe this is being set up for rules coming if you do anything in the truck, better be on duty.
I guess they will just continue to overlook the runs where you can't log in while hooking or being delayed by dispatch or you will run out of time, if they fire anyone for not being properly logged in, please look into the long runs and have your lawyer pull their logs. Dont have different rules for different runs or people. Stop trying to turn this place into con job or freds place there's a reason all those people come to work here, please dont screw it up for us.

I guess they will just continue to overlook the runs where you can't log in while hooking or being delayed by dispatch or you will run out of time, if they fire anyone for not being properly logged in, please look into the long runs and have your lawyer pull their logs. Dont have different rules for different runs or people. Stop trying to turn this place into con job or freds place there's a reason all those people come to work here, please dont screw it up for us.

Hey ... They are already in the process of eliminating such runs and replacing them with shorter relay runs ... Safety is already taking notice of the runs that push the legal limits and are actively eliminating them ... We have been heading in the direction of the " Con job" as you say for some time now ... In many ways we are already there ... The way I used to enjoy my work has already become just a thing of the past ... It more or less just a job now ... All the enthusiasm and enjoyment I once had is long gone ...

Last edited:
Hey ... They are already in the process of eliminating such runs and replacing them with shorter relay runs ... Safety is already taking notice of the runs that push the legal limits and are actively eliminating them ... We have been heading in the direction of the " Con job" as you say for some time now ... In many ways we are already there ... The way I used to enjoy my work has already become just a thing of the past ... It more or less just a job now ... All the enthusiasm and enjoyment I once had is long gone ...
You couldn't have said any better.Just a number now.

You all are making way to much out of this. They don't want you hooking sets while your off duty. Either at the start of the day or on lunch. You can move your tractor at a meet to go get lunch, as long as you pull out and even back under your new set. They don't want you moving that set till your 30 is done. Just give yourself a little time to make sure you inter trip can show when you log back in. This really only affects the driver who drop and hook more then one set of doubles or triples. Just go "on duty not driving" asap so it takes time of your on duty status instead of your driver time.

You all are making way to much out of this. They don't want you hooking sets while your off duty. Either at the start of the day or on lunch. You can move your tractor at a meet to go get lunch, as long as you pull out and even back under your new set. They don't want you moving that set till your 30 is done. Just give yourself a little time to make sure you inter trip can show when you log back in. This really only affects the driver who drop and hook more then one set of doubles or triples. Just go "on duty not driving" asap so it takes time of your on duty status instead of your driver time.

Hey you CAN'T move the truck while you are off duty for your 30 minute break ... If you do it's just a matter of time and you will be caught ... Drivers are getting written up for this stuff like right now ... Safety is actively auditing logs for this ... Must be really careful with being off duty at the meet points with that 30 minute ... I'm hearing lots of drivers just taking their break during the return trip to avoid the problem altogether ... When you arrive at the meet point first and start your break ... What can you do if your meet driver arrives during your break ... ? Your kinda screwed

Last edited:
Like Ump said everyone making a big deal about nothing like I said in my post.Just keep on trucking like you have been.This was just a reminder for driver's to log in.Just like our City Handhelds asking us if we have punched in.I have had the software for over a year now.Keep on trucking

Reactions: Ump
They don't need to take $$ from me and my family, if they would just let me run the speed limit there wouldn't be a problem are trucks are 6 mph under posted speed limit.

Hey you CAN'T move the truck while you are off duty for your 30 minute break ... If you do it's just a matter of time and you will be caught ... Drivers are getting written up for this stuff like right now ... Safety is actively auditing logs for this ... Must be really careful with being off duty at the meet points with that 30 minute ... I'm hearing lots of drivers just taking their break during the return trip to avoid the problem altogether ... When you arrive at the meet point first and start your break ... What can you do if your meet driver arrives during your break ... ? Your kinda screwed

I think it is legal but a grey area to move the truck out from under one trailer and under another on your 30. It would even be legal to bob tail to lunch, but not allowed to leave set of course unattended. As for OD policy if they absolutely do not want us to move out from under a set for out meet person while I am on my 30, I need to see that in writing. Why should they have to wait on me? It would be against policy for me to sit the truck anywhere else, as they're afraid someone could hook up and steal it. It's legal to bobtail off duty, moving for your meet person is a grey area, but doesn't seem illegal. You just can't physically be out dropping it and hooking it up on your 30 ...technically, we all know we still do it. I was written up recently for 'log falsification' I don't care to get into specifics, but I'll say I think it's a bunch of crap. Yes, they are watching and randomly auditing logs. So any way you cheat it, like resetting the power, taking breaks in a traffic jam, going off duty at a stopping point a hair before you get to where you're going, not logging any on duty time to hook or drop, etc... In the past couple of months, they've caught on to all the tricks. My big thing now is I feel like someone made a federal case out of my incident, and I'm determined to make sure everyone is treated fair. If I'm being wrote up for things elog drivers everywhere do everyday, sorry folks you're all getting wrote up. If they have a write up in everyone's file, they aren't fire anyone, it proves they are the issue, or lack of training or communication, not us. Tired of how there's different treatment for different people around here.

I think it is legal but a grey area to move the truck out from under one trailer and under another on your 30. It would even be legal to bob tail to lunch, but not allowed to leave set of course unattended. As for OD policy if they absolutely do not want us to move out from under a set for out meet person while I am on my 30, I need to see that in writing. Why should they have to wait on me? It would be against policy for me to sit the truck anywhere else, as they're afraid someone could hook up and steal it. It's legal to bobtail off duty, moving for your meet person is a grey area, but doesn't seem illegal. You just can't physically be out dropping it and hooking it up on your 30 ...technically, we all know we still do it. I was written up recently for 'log falsification' I don't care to get into specifics, but I'll say I think it's a bunch of crap. Yes, they are watching and randomly auditing logs. So any way you cheat it, like resetting the power, taking breaks in a traffic jam, going off duty at a stopping point a hair before you get to where you're going, not logging any on duty time to hook or drop, etc... In the past couple of months, they've caught on to all the tricks. My big thing now is I feel like someone made a federal case out of my incident, and I'm determined to make sure everyone is treated fair. If I'm being wrote up for things elog drivers everywhere do everyday, sorry folks you're all getting wrote up. If they have a write up in everyone's file, they aren't fire anyone, it proves they are the issue, or lack of training or communication, not us. Tired of how there's different treatment for different people around here.

Sounds like you must have had your
logs audited for doing some of the very things mentioned here ... All I know is MY Tractor is not going to move PERIOD when I'm in off duty status ... If it results in my meet driver having to wait extra time at a meet point ... It just happens and I'm sorry but that's obviously the way the company wants it ... I was recently parked at a terminal doing my 30 minutes after putting away trailers and hooking up a set of mtys on duty ... Another driver entered the yard and wanted me to move to give him more room to hook ... I told him I couldn't move right now due to me being on my break ... He thought I was crazy ... That we could move off duty on a yard ...I told him people were getting written up and fired for log falsified violations and that if he needed more room then he would have to wait out the remaining ten minutes of my break .... I'm certainly not going to lose an 80,000 dollar year job over 10 minutes of duty time ...

We were told( by a VP) when the half hour rule came onto effect , we could go off duty when we got to the gate . Then put our trailers away and fuel before we went to punch in on the dock .

We were told( by a VP) when the half hour rule came onto effect , we could go off duty when we got to the gate . Then put our trailers away and fuel before we went to punch in on the dock .
Yes,because you are still the 14 hour window and you are punching clock.Personally if it was me I will log out of Tractor on-duty since you are still working..But,in honestly the VP was wrong because legally you are still working.But,with punching the clock it will adjust the log automatically.

Sounds like you must have had your
logs audited for doing some of the very things mentioned here ... All I know is MY Tractor is not going to move PERIOD when I'm in off duty status ... If it results in my meet driver having to wait extra time at a meet point ... It just happens and I'm sorry but that's obviously the way the company wants it ... I was recently parked at a terminal doing my 30 minutes after putting away trailers and hooking up a set of mtys on duty ... Another driver entered the yard and wanted me to move to give him more room to hook ... I told him I couldn't move right now due to me being on my break ... He thought I was crazy ... That we could move off duty on a yard ...I told him people were getting written up and fired for log falsified violations and that if he needed more room then he would have to wait out the remaining ten minutes of my break .... I'm certainly not going to lose an 80,000 dollar year job over 10 minutes of duty time ...

Not the arguing type so I'll agree to disagree on the fine print, but say you're first line wasn't necessary. From what you said my only real reply is folks following the break as you, not that you are neccesarily wrong, but simply make me again as in past post say we should paid for on duty time. Why should someone else be sitting wasting time while youre in their way. Off duty means not working, it doesn't mean sit in someone's way.

well, some terminals use tractors as switchers.. don't know how they would enforce that rule with non-CDL workers ??:scratchhead: