ODFL | Stop the vehicle and log in.

Estes has a button labeled PC (personal conveyance). We need this ability to drive up to 25 miles to motel and back to term.

Yeah my buddy at Estes told me about that... I still prefer the ability to log out completely and bt to the hotel. There's a couple of places we go that have a long trip to the hotel, and if you only get 25 miles the trip to and back doesn't leave much room if you want to go a little out of the way to a favorite restaurant or something before you leave.

Reactions: Ump
Really? Really? You meet in that bad an area? Sheesh...

If that were to of happen, it was probably towed. Some of OD's meet areas are restaurant parking lots in the middle of the night with no permission from the land owners. Last thing I'd want is trucks dropping heavy trailers on my property with no compensation.

If that were to of happen, it was probably towed. Some of OD's meet areas are restaurant parking lots in the middle of the night with no permission from the land owners. Last thing I'd want is trucks dropping heavy trailers on my property with no compensation.

Yeah we've got a couple like that, Gainesville FL comes to mind. We meet in a Target shopping center down there.

OD is not set up for personal conveyance and does not authorize its use, also does not authorize the use of the 16th hour hardship rule also allowed by the HOS rules

Sure they authorize its use. Any time you're headed to the motel....it IS personal conveyance. It is done daily.

Reactions: Ump
Sure they authorize its use. Any time you're headed to the motel....it IS personal conveyance. It is done daily.

Let's clarify ... The PeopleNet is not set up for personal conveyance ... OD does not authorize the use of the 16th hour ex ception rule ... I really wish everyone would not nit pick everything people write here ... It's about to make me stop posting here ...

Let's clarify ... The PeopleNet is not set up for personal conveyance ... OD does not authorize the use of the 16th hour ex ception rule ... I really wish everyone would not nit pick everything people write here ... It's about to make me stop posting here ...
Um...Your the only one bringing up the 16 hour rule. Everyone else is talking about taking a tractor to lunch or a hotel...that's it!!!