ODFL | Stop the vehicle and log in.

Not be funny, where in the FMCSR is this?
Also all time waiting to be transported to a hotel in a Company vehicle is "on-duty".
Just reread my link. It says it right on the first page. It states the FMCSA doesn't specifically cover it but it does clarify in other sections.

Just reread my link. It says it right on the first page. It states the FMCSA doesn't specifically cover it but it does clarify in other sections.

Honestly ... I think we are All making ... As they say ... A mountain out of a molehill here ....as Kenneth pointed out earlier ... Just keep on trucking as before ... Seems like corporate/ IT are all aware and policies/procedures will be updated ...

Honestly ... I think we are All making ... As they say ... A mountain out of a molehill here ....as Kenneth pointed out earlier ... Just keep on trucking as before ... Seems like corporate/ IT are all aware and policies/procedures will be updated ...
Yes,we are.I test the software before you all see it .Since I have worked line haul and still do when busy.I'm in contact with IT guys with any problems or concerns that I see.They address them.This was the concern I had and explained to them.It just part of the updates.Just drive like you have always done.They are aware and know what you all do.Again,making a big deal out of nothing.Keep Trucking

According to the driver handbook you go off duty log out and drive to the motel. Things have changed around here but it seems some people are going a little over board. The people who I have heard of being fired have been down right breaking the law on the 1/2 hour break. They have been using other trucks to hook the set. Not logging in during the start of the shift then logging in and leaving. It's all common sense stuff. Just do it legally and leave the paranoia in the closet

According to the driver handbook you go off duty log out and drive to the motel. Things have changed around here but it seems some people are going a little over board. The people who I have heard of being fired have been down right breaking the law on the 1/2 hour break. They have been using other trucks to hook the set. Not logging in during the start of the shift then logging in and leaving. It's all common sense stuff. Just do it legally and leave the paranoia in the closet
Like I have always said you fire yourself at OD.

You still drive your Tractor to the motel and use it to eat,Walmart,etc off duty logged out.Because you are off-duty and nothing to do with OD.Nothing has changed
Well stated!' I think this was the point of contention. If we have people not willing to move when blocking trailers that's a problem. I'm not sitting for 20 minutes and get struck in curfew, then have to sit for 2 more hours till curfew ends making me late for the city freight to be delivered causing them to get out late.
Common sense should tell us to move!

Um..Your the one crying the sky is falling. The rest of us seem to understand what where allowed to do. If you don't want to move while off duty I've got no problem with that. Just be respectful of other drivers time so they can continue their day. Don't block trailers and get out from under your set so your meet guy can role.

Remember all time spent waiting for or attending trailers is "on-duty" except for your rest time, which you are relived of all responsibility.
When I get to my meet point, I disconnect and move out of the way but still have visual sight of trailers.
Really wasn't a question, just trying to show how absurd his answer is.

Reactions: Ump
Sounds like you must have had your
logs audited for doing some of the very things mentioned here ... All I know is MY Tractor is not going to move PERIOD when I'm in off duty status ... If it results in my meet driver having to wait extra time at a meet point ... It just happens and I'm sorry but that's obviously the way the company wants it ... I was recently parked at a terminal doing my 30 minutes after putting away trailers and hooking up a set of mtys on duty ... Another driver entered the yard and wanted me to move to give him more room to hook ... I told him I couldn't move right now due to me being on my break ... He thought I was crazy ... That we could move off duty on a yard ...I told him people were getting written up and fired for log falsified violations and that if he needed more room then he would have to wait out the remaining ten minutes of my break .... I'm certainly not going to lose an 80,000 dollar year job over 10 minutes of duty time ...
When you get to your meet point drop your trailers move the tractor to the side or out of the way and then go off duty so you don't hold up your meet guy. Then go back on duty after your 30 and proceed to hook up your trailers and do your intertrip. To many drivers have to be in a hurry and really your only saving a few minutes by cheating. Just because something is changing doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. I'm still gonna enjoy my job and as long as I do my job I should be left alone.

This is all due to the FMCSA publishing its final rule on what ELOBC have to record and be stored for audits. We are more like pilots now instead of drivers.

When you get to your meet point drop your trailers move the tractor to the side or out of the way and then go off duty so you don't hold up your meet guy. Then go back on duty after your 30 and proceed to hook up your trailers and do your intertrip. To many drivers have to be in a hurry and really your only saving a few minutes by cheating. Just because something is changing doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. I'm still gonna enjoy my job and as long as I do my job I should be left alone.

What's gonna happen when you get back from going to bathroom, getting your coffee, and getting a bite to eat and you find your set is gone and nowhere to be found ??

What's gonna happen when you get back from going to bathroom, getting your coffee, and getting a bite to eat and you find your set is gone and nowhere to be found ??
If you have not hook to the set yet it is not your response ability. Also it is not law you have to take lunch at your meet point. Coordinate with your meet driver if he our she is running late take your lunch before you get there. Our take after you leave

So how do you log the time spent waiting for your meet driver to finish his 30min break that you forced on him?
delay time. log it on remarks.. put in reason and drivers number... CYA !! 1hour after original cut time you get delay pay.. or call blake edwards to resolve the stupid crap... ohhhh..he will !!

You just have to adjust your habits a bit. It's really not that big of deal. If it's that bad where you meet get a kingpin lock and a couple of keys.