ABF | Strom Engineering

Are you back again? Quick! Somebody get the can of pest and insect spray! It's just a little too cold for all the creeping, crawling, flying pests to be out................yet here's ol' Rollin62 trying to make up the lack..........like a buzzing fly on a hot day........Is this your Life's Work Rollin62?......or ,....maybe....someday......you'll actually add something constructive to the dialogue............We can always hope!.....Until then, I guess we'll have to put up with the electronic equivalent of Jock Itch...........
That's no way to talk to your teamster brother. I just asked how much of our consession we got back yesterday. Also, any word on additional ue runs throughout the system? Them guys are makin some serious bank and I want to get in on one of those bids

That's no way to talk to your teamster brother. I just asked how much of our consession we got back yesterday. Also, any word on additional ue runs throughout the system? Them guys are makin some serious bank and I want to get in on one of those bids

I did not get any of the consession back yesterday. How much did you get back? You voted for the consessions, so you tell me; are you happy with the additional compensation that Judy, Roy and the V.P.'s recieved? Are you supprised at how profitable ABF became as soon as the contract was sighed? Rollin, I know this is your first contract but do you NOW understand why we took what upper management said with skepticism?

1. Wasn't here early enough to vote on contract.
2. Vacation policy does suck
3. I make more here than I did at conway with concessions
4. I understand that the yrc threat influenced the vote outcome.
5. Why are we still talking about this issue one year later? It's done. Thanks for the July info, I thought April 1 was the beginning of the contract date. Be safe
6. Forgot one... I don't know any corporation where the leaders don't give themselves a pat on the back. Hell, even welch just did it. Corporate America is the only answer I have. Do I like it? No

Shiney wheels are pulling our pups out of Denver as well. This was not what was put before us to vote on as well. I think its time to discuss this all at our union meetings before summer breaks!! Clearly lied too regarding the money issues at ABF and the purchased transportation use. Greivances being filed all over the system on overuse. They are clearly violating their side in just a few short months in.. Their stance is, you are getting your miles and a paycheck, so what!!

5. Why are we still talking about this issue one year later? It's done. Thanks for the July info, I thought April 1 was the beginning of the contract date. Be safe
6. Forgot one... I don't know any corporation where the leaders don't give themselves a pat on the back. Hell, even welch just did it. Corporate America is the only answer I have. Do I like it? No

If you dident have a vote why we're you telling everyone else to vote yes? You dident seem to have a problem with the vacation issue contract time. A company that cried poverty for years shouldn't line their pockets when the employees are making sacrifices. The contract is signed & now they are making all kind of money, stop being so gullible....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the driver shortage and no ones applying, why are we griping about shiny wheels?

They just put a memo out that time keeper & panther are combining & will be called expedited solutions, where do you think this revenue will now go???? I can tell you where it won't be going anymore....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! Not good. Sounds like we as drivers are not fulfilling our part of the obligation to the customer. Overall it will probably be a good igea for operational costs for them to handle it if we are just moving it for free

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Rollin,......We are fulfilling our obligations,.....It's just that management no longer likes our cost as they found some suckers that'll do it cheaper. They aren't worried about the quality,....they're just concerned with how much profit they can pocket. "Corporate America",... as you say...........They don't care about the customer,...they don't care about the employee,...they don't care about the freight,.....They just care about how much they can line their pocket,.......at anyones' expense. That's a Good Thing,....right Rollin?

I don't know how long you were at Con-way, Rollin,.....Maybe you weren't around on Labor Day ,....was it 2004? But anyway,....the Big Bosses at Menlo Park decided that Consolidated Freight's employee's price was too expensive,....so they found some suckers who would do it cheaper back then. And,....apparently some of the suckers,.....you included,....decided the price was too cheap to work for,....and you, and others left. Now that you're,....."here".....the shoe is on the other foot, now. ABF management is actively hunting for cheaper suckers,..........and in some future Labor Day,....Why,. you might inadvertantly find yourself on the outside, watching a group of cheap non-Union suckers doing your job,........and laughing at you..........

And,.....Did you get that, Rollin?......Labor Day?....They,....upper management at Con-way deliberately chose that very day,.....to insult the entire Labor force of this nation,.....and their Teamster employees at Consolidated Freightways in particular. Couldn't have been the day before,.....or the day after,.......The raw disdain and hatred the upper management had,.....and probably still has,.....for working people, dictated that they would choose Labor Day,....of all days,.....with no warning, I might add,.....to throw 14,000 families out of a job. Want to take a guess at which future Labor Day ABF management will put your, and my ,...families out of work?

Well if the dock hands burying the tk in the nose of a trailer, misloading the shipment, or can't move the freight due to a possible grievance, I think they should do whatever it takes to guarantee the hot shipment. If Abf can't make it happen, no matter how hard we try, at least the revenue is under the same umbrella

If you weren't there early enough to vote then you didnt give any concessions. So you shouldn't worry about when you are going to get money back.

Well if the dock hands burying the tk in the nose of a trailer, misloading the shipment, or can't move the freight due to a possible grievance, I think they should do whatever it takes to guarantee the hot shipment. If Abf can't make it happen, no matter how hard we try, at least the revenue is under the same umbrella

You miss the point. It's not the competency of the dock people,.....or how quickly the drivers are leaving the yard,.........or how many trailers the hostlers move in an hour,.......It boils down to sheer, raw greed,.....and a burgeoning and desperate labor pool, who will undercut each other for a "job". The only thing saving the trucking industry, now,....is the insurance industry who underwrites the companies, and insists that reasonably competent people are behind the wheel. The insurance industry is responsible for the CDL laws of the '80's, Urinalysis laws of the '90's,....HAZ-MAT qualification laws of the '00's,.....and the CSA 2010 laws of,....now. All of these laws are in response to trucking management hiring vastly unqualified people to drive quarter million dollar's worth of freight and equipment down public highways that insurance companies had to underwrite. The CEO's of trucking companies could care less about public safety,....in spite of their "official" stance. All they want to do is fill seats and move freight as cheaply as possible,.....and if they could dump all the liability on the driver,....which they have,.....why, that allleviates the insurance liability. Supposedly you're out on the road. Go to a truckstop and see the type of people CEO's are hiring to drive trucks. Frightening, isn't it?...All the more so when we have massive unemployment,.....and companies still have to go off shore to hire because trucking jobs have degenerated into little more than indentured servitude. Well,.......If you're truly an ABF driver,.....like you continually allege,........you might finally get to see how companies get rid of GOOD people, to hire CHEAP people,.....merely to line their own pockets at the top. And, at the expense of their employees,....and the public's safety. AND ......WHERE'S THE TEAMSTERS IN ALL THIS?....................Clueless?......Or Complicit?

Can't argue with you there. We can raise all kind of hell on this board and its not gonna change a thing. Times have changed fir the worse and we have no stroke. Teamsters have our best interest? Depends who you ask. In my opinion, you will never see the true value of a truck driver in our lifetime. We're all replaceable And these carriers aren't scared to tell you that either. We live in different times

And you wonder why people think your management, do you think that is the reason they combined time keeper with Panther? Can you prove what you say is happening?

I don't know how long you were at Con-way, Rollin,.....Maybe you weren't around on Labor Day ,....was it 2004? But anyway,....the Big Bosses at Menlo Park decided that Consolidated Freight's employee's price was too expensive,....so they found some suckers who would do it cheaper back then. And,....apparently some of the suckers,.....you included,....decided the price was too cheap to work for,....and you, and others left. Now that you're,....."here".....the shoe is on the other foot, now. ABF management is actively hunting for cheaper suckers,..........and in some future Labor Day,....Why,. you might inadvertantly find yourself on the outside, watching a group of cheap non-Union suckers doing your job,........and laughing at you..........
I wish I could like that 20 times

And,.....Did you get that, Rollin?......Labor Day?....They,....upper management at Con-way deliberately chose that very day,.....to insult the entire Labor force of this nation,.....and their Teamster employees at Consolidated Freightways in particular. Couldn't have been the day before,.....or the day after,.......The raw disdain and hatred the upper management had,.....and probably still has,.....for working people, dictated that they would choose Labor Day,....of all days,.....with no warning, I might add,.....to throw 14,000 families out of a job. Want to take a guess at which future Labor Day ABF management will put your, and my ,...families out of work?

This one also

And you wonder why people think your management, do you think that is the reason they combined time keeper with Panther? Can you prove what you say is happening?
yeah... I see the failures weekly. If its broken, lets fix it.