XPO | Summertime Jackpot????

Lets face it, if the people running this circus really wanted drivers to commit to working without missing a Friday they would just have a bit more INTEGRITY and pay "Double Time" as incentive to report to work on a day off. Outside of that just maybe flex drivers should be available as the system was designed to cover for this shortage of labor during summer months. From what I've seen in recent history there is no more discipline or repercussions to flex people for not being available .

Lets face it, if the people running this circus really wanted drivers to commit to working without missing a Friday they would just have a bit more INTEGRITY and pay "Double Time" as incentive to report to work on a day off. Outside of that just maybe flex drivers should be available as the system was designed to cover for this shortage of labor during summer months. From what I've seen in recent history there is no more discipline or repercussions to flex people for not being available .

If anything. They consistently reward employees that exhibit bad behaviors. And then encourage others to follow suit.

The problem is the flex is already maxing out there hours. Can't be available when you don't have the hours. They are also at the point were they have to try to keep what they have....To many other opportunities out there driving and not driving

but you agreed to the terms in the contract. Now you pissed off about a signing bonus. Well maybe in the next contract you can put in a clause saying no signing bonus
No mention of a sign on bonus in our contract either. Nor is there any language about new hires skipping the wage progression and being hired on at full scale. I have no problem with any of these things provided they take care of the ones already working for the company as well. If they can add these changes to attract new hires without re-opening the contract, then they should be able to bump up our hourly rate without re-opening the contract. Otherwise, re-open the contract and make the necessary changes to get new hires and to compensate the current employees as well.

It a great time to be flex person. You can dictate what you are available to do. I’ve heard of one not answering his phone on a Saturday multiple times. Another saying since he is being held for linehaul on Monday that he should not be called for a Saturday run. It’s pathetic what these guys get away with. They would not last if they started back in the day

The problem is the flex is already maxing out there hours. Can't be available when you don't have the hours. They are also at the point were they have to try to keep what they have....To many other opportunities out there driving and not driving
It’s definitely a balancing act for local management. Even dock workers do whatever they want on the dock. Smoke breaks, watch videos while driving down the dock. Heck, our forklifts now have custom paint jobs thanks to the dock help. Management puts up with an awful lot. Our flex drivers say they don’t want to run linehaul. Done deal, city flex for you.

No mention of a sign on bonus in our contract either. Nor is there any language about new hires skipping the wage progression and being hired on at full scale. I have no problem with any of these things provided they take care of the ones already working for the company as well. If they can add these changes to attract new hires without re-opening the contract, then they should be able to bump up our hourly rate without re-opening the contract. Otherwise, re-open the contract and make the necessary changes to get new hires and to compensate the current employees as well.
Is there any talk from the union on doing something like that?

but you agreed to the terms in the contract. Now you pissed off about a signing bonus. Well maybe in the next contract you can put in a clause saying no signing bonus

Not that I'm a bible expert but I do remember this parable which seems to apply here - the workers in the vineyard.

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."..

Matthew 20:1–16,

That tells you alot about a company when they have to run a lottery promotion just to get people to show up to work....
Do you listen to the news these days? Businesses everywhere are having problems hiring people. As of the end of April there were over 9 million job openings in the US. Guess no one wants to work anymore.

Do you listen to the news these days? Businesses everywhere are having problems hiring people. As of the end of April there were over 9 million job openings in the US. Guess no one wants to work anymore.

Insane inflation. Everything costs double. Wages have not doubled. Where is the value in coming to work ????

In trucking we are used to having bonuses. The last outfit offered wife and I at that time 10,000 flat in 6 months to one year if we ran team. We turned it down. Too desperate with tractors in storage in one corner and tractors rusting in another. Looked like they can use that money to fix them.