Yellow | Teamster magazine

There are only 3 states that require OT after 8. Everybody else is OT after 40. If you are in one of those 47 states that don't require OT pay after 8 and you are getting it, it's because the employer has decided that they need to pay it to attract and retain the quality employee they desire. That's the free-market.

True...however not too many places out there are people Not paid OT over 8. Seriously..... Salaried people maybe people paid on commission 🤔. Trucking as they in my industry would be a "one off". So much so people had to Google to see if I was making it up. It's a ridiculous thing for anyone to work and not be paid OT over 8 unless you are paid by the mile.

True...however not too many places out there are people Not paid OT over 8. Seriously..... Salaried people maybe people paid on commission 🤔. Trucking as they in my industry would be a "one off". So much so people had to Google to see if I was making it up. It's a ridiculous thing for anyone to work and not be paid OT over 8 unless you are paid by the mile.

I thought so too when I lived in one of those 3 states.

My wife works for a Fortune 500 company with over 80,000 employees. When we moved to another state she immediately lost OT after 8. She also lost sick pay. But hey, the state income tax is low enough that we break even around June ;) More than half the hourly workforce in the USA doesn't get OT after 8.

There are many industries where they don't get OT after 40 either.

You were an IBT official when much of what you say went on. You have never once talked about anything you ever did to promote the changes you talk about....
I never got above the Joint Council Supplemental level in negotiations. Any reasonable recommendations from me and others were rejected as, "the members won't go for that". It was never about the members; it was about getting re-elected. The future was only about the primary officers 3-year term.

Wait, why is paid by the mile different? 12 hour days are the norm in linehaul. 6 days a week were mandatory. Those 500 miles each way, 3000 miles a week bids filled very quickly. That's called the free market where both employer and employee agree to the terms of employment.

I don't believe in censorship either and never have made a statement that anybody should be censored here. I have suggested to a few people on here that it might be better for all if they spent their time somewhere else if they are going to spew false opinions and accusations instead of factual material. Nothing disturbs me anymore, I have parked the tractor awhile ago, but I do know it disturbs quite a few on here when people are talking bull :crap:. They have lotions out there that can help with that skin condition you know.:hysterical:
Roady, the term "false opinions" really doesn't make sense. Opinions are just that, they are the particular views of someone, not necessarily facts that can be proven. Say for instance I think blonds are more attractive than brunettes and you think brunettes are more attractive than blonds. Those are our opinions and neither one can be "proven" as fact. I don't have a problem with the differing views/opinions on here and I personally don't think anyone should be "asked to leave" because of their views/opinions. In case you're wondering, that's my "opinion". :hysterical: :hilarious:

Roady, the term "false opinions" really doesn't make sense. Opinions are just that, they are the particular views of someone, not necessarily facts that can be proven. Say for instance I think blonds are more attractive than brunettes and you think brunettes are more attractive than blonds. Those are our opinions and neither one can be "proven" as fact. I don't have a problem with the differing views/opinions on here and I personally don't think anyone should be "asked to leave" because of their views/opinions. In case you're wondering, that's my "opinion". :hysterical: :hilarious:
I think bald is beautiful, JMO :poke:

Wait, why is paid by the mile different? 12 hour days are the norm in linehaul. 6 days a week were mandatory. Those 500 miles each way, 3000 miles a week bids filled very quickly. That's called the free market where both employer and employee agree to the terms of employment.
Can't answer your question but I know we'd trade all of our double time after 11 and everything else for a spot on the road board. He was switching from being a mechanic 4ever and just happy as a pig in ::shit:: to get on at abf and away from his dream whatever #1 on the board in the shop at yrc. You would know way more about the mysteries of road pay. But in the end we are good we are both blessed. As are most on this board. Have a good one

Ok professor, I misspoke on the false opinions, remember I was a truck driver not a valedictorian. Don't hog up all of the blonds I like them myself. We can agree to disagree on our views/opinions but people who have or had skin in this game should discuss the subjects in this matter and people who have never worked at Yellow should keep their opinions or what I call fairy tales to themselves. Union brothers and sisters and their families are still hurting as you well know about what happened and they don't need people whose sole purpose is to advance their anti- union agenda on the Yellow board. In case you're wondering that's my "opinion." :sadwavey:

Where good, hard-working folks refused to hold their brothers/sisters accountable because that's management's job. That may be one of management's jobs, but management isn't the one getting branded with those scarlet letters.
You have said this line more than once....you know what you get when you tell a brother that he is slacking? A fist fight...... We had a guy who got pissed one day and threw his paper work in the air and hit a salesperson....same guy would get mad and throw decking beams....he got a couple days off for throwing the paperwork....we had another guy that was equally crazy that my old manager and supervisor were scared of...they wouldn't discipline him either....

Ok professor, I misspoke on the false opinions, remember I was a truck driver not a valedictorian. Don't hog up all of the blonds I like them myself. We can agree to disagree on our views/opinions but people who have or had skin in this game should discuss the subjects in this matter and people who have never worked at Yellow should keep their opinions or what I call fairy tales to themselves. Union brothers and sisters and their families are still hurting as you well know about what happened and they don't need people whose sole purpose is to advance their anti- union agenda on the Yellow board. In case you're wondering that's my "opinion." :sadwavey:
Well I used to try to take you under my wing and hold classes at lunchtime but you always wanted to go have lunch at Lotito's so we both went and had a good time there! :hysterical: :hilarious:

You have said this line more than once....you know what you get when you tell a brother that he is slacking? A fist fight...... We had a guy who got pissed one day and threw his paper work in the air and hit a salesperson....same guy would get mad and throw decking beams....he got a couple days off for throwing the paperwork....we had another guy that was equally crazy that my old manager and supervisor were scared of...they wouldn't discipline him either....
Did he get fired when he hit the salesman? One less slacker!

Ive seen salaried people only get paid for 40 hours a week and then get worked up to 60. Got to be careful with the salaried gimmick. Sometimes it works out in the employees best interest but many times not.

Ive seen salaried people only get paid for 40 hours a week and then get worked up to 60. Got to be careful with the salaried gimmick. Sometimes it works out in the employees best interest but many times not.
They switched one dept from hourly to salaried they were happy at first but..as you pointed out was not all gravy after all.

I must clarify after rereading my post...the paperwork hit the salesperson is what I was saying, still an unnecessary act....
True! Ha ha. I read it differently. Damn grammar and punctuation. Reminds me of this:

I love cooking, my dogs, and my family. vs. I love cooking my dogs and my family.