ABF | Teamster or schemester

Because it keeps abf from hiring more driver's.Why not just pay us more.
Overtime is good business practice.
It is much cheaper to pay overtime than to hire a new employee. SOR likes to point out that pension and H&W cost the company $800 a week per employee. Vacations, sick days and holidays are paid days with no productivity. Don't hire that new employee and don't pay that money. Work the people you have as much as you can.
Don't blame the company. If they put up list offering a sixth day, they will have more than enough volunteers.

It is much cheaper to pay overtime than to hire a new employee. SOR likes to point out that pension and H&W cost the company $800 a week per employee. Vacations, sick days and holidays are paid days with no productivity. Don't hire that new employee and don't pay that money. Work the people you have as much as you can.
Don't blame the company. If they put up list offering a sixth day, they will have more than enough volunteers.
Damn Blade!!!
Two posts in a row that actually makes sense. Never thought I would see that day.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Blade I had to give you a "like" on this one, just don't get used to it.:17142:

Sounds to me like you should follow these “young people” to what ever Freight company they are going to. Be sure and let us know how that fully paid pension/health & welfare works out for you over there. Not to mention the grievance process. You do of course realize that your pension/health & welfare are paid on your behalf at a rate of over $800 a week. These “young people” that leave for higher wages will soon realize how much better off they were at ABF when theirs or their wife or child’s health deteriorates. Believe me when I tell you the health and welfare is worth it’s weight in gold.
And I don’t know about what pension fund you are with that cuts your pension in half at age 57. I am in Central States, and our pension is reduced by 6% for each year you are shy of 62. If I retire at age 62, my pension will be just shy of $5000 a month. Tell me what other freight employer will pay for your pension and let you retire at age 57 with full pension. For that matter, what other freight employer will pay for yours and your families healthcare plan?
You never side with the worker. A paying customer use to never be wrong. Number one job for highschool educated is truck driving. I see why company and union take advantage of drivers.

To you people that keep singing everything is beautiful, nothing wrong here. Why is abf keeping there older workforce longer? Abf only will change when they half to. New people are not staying.