Yellow | Teamsters Say No To Right-To-Work (For Less)!

It's time for some "Civil Disobedience Training" in Michigan! FIGHT THE POWER!

Teamsters Say No to Right-to-Work (for Less) | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

:chairshot:

There are two lessons to be learned by the recent votes on RTW:

1) The unions are after the public service sectors.

2) The unions have lost there clout with the political structure. Once upon a time, a union would call the speaker/ governor and say "Kill it (the measure) or we will vote you out" and the speaker/governor would do it! Not any more. All we can do is yell and scream, but it still gets passed.

Sad day for the all unions, but nobody to blame but themselves.

Twice a recall petition has circulated to recall Snyder....both times it had to be dropped due to it being all but impossible to get enough signatures for recall unless there are paid collectors. The MEA got behind one recall for a Representative and it was successful......Why the "Unions" did not get involved with the Governor's recall effort is beyond me. I would wager they are now asking themselves the same thing. And I fully expect Michigan will be a RTW state by the end of the week.....Well we voted for "One Tough Nerd" guess we were asking for it.

Twice a recall petition has circulated to recall Snyder....both times it had to be dropped due to it being all but impossible to get enough signatures for recall unless there are paid collectors. The MEA got behind one recall for a Representative and it was successful......Why the "Unions" did not get involved with the Governor's recall effort is beyond me. I would wager they are now asking themselves the same thing. And I fully expect Michigan will be a RTW state by the end of the week.....Well we voted for "One Tough Nerd" guess we were asking for it.

The reality is that the public in general is fed up with unions. It's a fact we don't want to face unfortunately.

The reality is that the public in general is fed up with unions. It's a fact we don't want to face unfortunately.
How can they be when unions represent less than 10% of the private workforce in this country? If that is the case than they don't have much to be fed up with.

The Reality of the public's negative view of Unions is the fact that Unions have been demonized at all levels of the media. With that type of constant onslaught against Unions, it is of little surprise that the public would be so easily manipulated into taking that view.
If the truth of Unions, and how they helped build the middle class, and how that in turn has created the largest Economic power house in the world, were to be told with the same level of zeal.....It would be a much different reality today...Those that seek to blame Unions should think about who's to blame for the failure of non Union Companies...Can't be the Union in those cases...and there are more non Union Companies that fail than Union Companies..

Are Unions perfect? not by a long shot.....But if Unions cease to exist....who will stand up for the workers? The Company? not hardly....Does anyone see Corporations making sure the workers are being taken care of....by and large the answer is no....

It seems that it's a losing uphill battle at this point.....Perhaps over a long period of time and when all Union influence is gone through such tools and "right to work" laws..., that people will begin to realize the same thing that those before us came to understand.... that in order to have rights in the workplace...better and safer work environments and wages..., they had to organize and insist on them...and so Unions or another form of Organized labor will once again rise......the cycle begins anew again...

I agree , about the cycle. Just like human race creates these bubbles in an economic form. Recession , recovery , expansion, contraction. Time over and over. People forget to live within there means but that gets forgotten. Then history rudley reminds us . I agree 100% at some point people will realize on there own we needs unions and a labor laws. If the general public forgets they will be reminded sometime in the future .

The Dippy people that vote for right to work don't even know what it means, alot of union members don't know what right to work means, people voting on it don't even know what a union is some of them, they are sheep, doing what they are told to do.

Right to work is nothing more than giving workers the freedom to work in a union shop without joining.

I hate it, I think it smells like ass, but thats what these sniveling rich cock suckers want, so here we go.

The goal of RTW is to destroy the bond the public unions have with the democrats. Without the support of dues paying public unions..the teachers, professors etc lose clout in contract gains..especially public union pensions that are killing states. There are teamster public union employee contracts but private unions are not on the tax-payer's dime therefor pose no threat to the economy or cost to the taxpayer
Obama and the public employee unions are bankrupting America
no dues no dems

The Dippy people that vote for right to work don't even know what it means, alot of union members don't know what right to work means, people voting on it don't even know what a union is some of them, they are sheep, doing what they are told to do.

Right to work is nothing more than giving workers the freedom to work in a union shop without joining.

I hate it, I think it smells like ass, but thats what these sniveling rich cock suckers want, so here we go.

That's exactly what it is.....And that only serves to further weaken the Unions. Just another "weapon" in the arsenal of the Corporations....Notice how they make it sound like a good thing.... "Right to work" They well know that the " Dippy people" will buy into such terminology and happily vote against the best interests of themselves and everyone else....

The goal of RTW is to destroy the bond the public unions have with the democrats. Without the support of dues paying public unions..the teachers, professors etc lose clout in contract gains..especially public union pensions that are killing states. There are teamster public union employee contracts but private unions are not on the tax-payer's dime therefor pose no threat to the economy or cost to the taxpayer
no dues no dems

Seriously? You believe that....?

no dues no dems

Once again I will ask you .Are you for unions or are you against?? can't have it both ways..

Once again I will ask you .Are you for unions or are you against?? can't have it both ways..

You know I'm not a public union employee fan. I'm a fan of of private unions who have skin in da game. How may times did king lifer ban me for it in a political forum no less? I have more years in the teamster union who are paying the price now for having skin in the game while public union employees are still on the job and still having lunch on me

You know I'm not a public union employee fan. I'm a fan of of private unions who have skin in da game. How may times did king lifer ban me for it in a political forum no less? I have more years in the teamster union who are paying the price now for having skin in the game while public union employees are still on the job and still having lunch on me
A different view of those terrible Teachers. Little over 6 minutes.

Senator Gretchen Whitmer Speaks Out Against Right to Work Legislation - YouTube

I have talked to a few people in Oklahoma that had a vote not too long ago for RTW.Alot of them wished it could be overturned now.

Also I believe the actions by the Michigan state house about shoving RTW down the people's throat was done unconstitutionally.This should be looked at by the Michigan Supreme Court and then the Federal Supreme Court.These law makers could be in trouble for unlawfully passing a bill without properly discussing this matter

I have talked to a few people in Oklahoma that had a vote not too long ago for RTW.Alot of them wished it could be overturned now.

I wish it could be overturned, I believe a union shop is just that, if ya don't like it, go work somewhere else, if I didn't want to be in the union at Sysco, there is a bunch of others that I could go to that are nons.

Funny thing is our union has to represent these guys that don't pay dues here at Sysco, however they don't do much for them, they pretty much let them get fired, or ignore the problem they have, seems these suck asses that don't want to belong to our local sure do seem to want them when they get into a ****storm of trouble, problem is the local turnes a blind eye, as they should. I tell guys all the time, "you aren't fireproof, you need to join, someday you may need our local, and if you do all the dues will be worth it", most don't listen, I got no sympathy.