TForce | Teamsters to Focus on Wages in Early Talks With UPS

Hoffa and the union do not care if you sit at home, they get your dues anyway while keeping everything cool with UPS.
Hoffa does not want to make waves with UPS, heck he is proud of UPS and their 250,000 dues paying members.

I am a non teamster diver but very pro union. allowing non union drivers to haul UPS freight is a major violation. You guys need to write HOFFA everyday explaining to him that these contract drivers drivers are taking money out of your wallets and food off the table. And that his dad would had never allowed this on his watch
One other thing you guys can do, something i have done with my company and coworkers is tell drivers from other terminals about this site. It spreads the word much quicker. My coworkers have all thanked me for turning them on to trucking boards. good luck,
HONKEY LIPS

Without UPS, Hoffa is out of a job. You think he is going to cut his own life line. Give me a break

Don't kid yourself laid off 90%.
The Teamsters are getting their dues from way more companies other than from trucking.
In fact unfortunately trucking is a very small part of the Teamsters these days.

Sad to say trucking & warehousing is what got the Teamsters what they enjoy now days.
However my opinion is they could get along just fine with out any trucking.

Don't kid yourself laid off 90%.
The Teamsters are getting their dues from way more companies other than from trucking.
In fact unfortunately trucking is a very small part of the Teamsters these days.

Sad to say trucking & warehousing is what got the Teamsters what they enjoy now days.
However my opinion is they could get along just fine with out any trucking.

So they won't put up much of a stink when the threats of decertification start flying when they do JACK about subcontracting in the next contract?

So they won't put up much of a stink when the threats of decertification start flying when they do JACK about subcontracting in the next contract?

Subcontracting doesn't mean anything to city and dock workers. All the talk about strike or decertification is meaningless when you have a Union of two different groups of employees. Chicago had the right idea when they put the Road drivers in one local and the Local operation in another. The City will never vote a strike because a few road drivers sit home, and I don't blame them. They would be risking their job for something that doesn't directly effect them. It works both ways, how many road drivers would vote for a strike because city drivers are not getting their proper start time or respect for their seniority.

I am glad the Union is talking to the company about wages and benefits. I know they are bringing up the sub contracting issues and seniority issues. But we are not standing on a rock of solid Union power. We need to build a stronger Union of members with a common interest. It might take separating into two groups, Road and Local. One can not work without the other, but together they will never agree on the same issue, so they have no strength.

Chicago had no choice in the matter. That's how the Chicago area and Denver does it. Two unions at one barn. Plus you don't think the city drivers are upset. Ever here of NRS? They pull city freight to the rail yards, Soh, aur, pal, all day and night. A lot of city drivers would love to have that as a run. They work while the percenters baby sit the phone. Just like the road board. So it's not just a road board issue.
The city is also upset at the lack of participation on the union side. City files grievances and nothing ever happens, don't get heard? Don't get decisions made? Pay dues for what? Get fired by the company, never get back pay. Don't get paid while sitting at home and NRS works.
You get what you pay for?
I guess we will see what happens ...