R&L | Thank You R&L for the 401-k Match!!!

I have to laugh at what some of you say about the union cos. out here. We might have had to take a cut in pay but it was our choose by 77%.We dont have to buy pallet jacks & load bars because our first class company cares about protecting our customers freight unlike your co.Also we get paid time & a half for over 40 hours in a given week ,unlike your ratty outfit along with estes. we also have a terrific pension that is 100 % co. contributions,if you clowns actually figured out what you made if your co. paid you time & a half like there supposed to you would realize theyre paying you about 15-16 dollars an hour. What a joke no wonder they can afford to sponser nascar.have a nice day,all I know is it would be a better world if we all stuck together & joined the union & put corporate greed in its place

Wow, what an awesome post!!!

Ok, if you make $60,000.00 you just took a $6000.00 pay cut!!!

That pallet jack cost me $350.00...I am ahead of you by $5650.00.. Must be that new math!!!

The 401-k match I just got was $1500.00!! Now I am ahead of you by $7150.00

Steady work, lots of hours, maybe the joke is on YOU!!!!

R&L is a lot of things, but a "ratty outfit" is not one of them!!!

Why don't you go cause trouble on your own companies forum?

Heads up guys......If someone is in violation of the rules report the post and I/A Moderator will take care of it.....Do not quote the post as it will get deleted as well... We will no longer edit out these violation from your post.. Do not respond to union discussion or you will be infracted as well as the violator, let a moderator take care of it...Thanks and enjoy your forum

I got screwed when i worked because i never got a chance to buy my own pallet and hand truck.

You getting screwed has nothing to do with buying a pallet jack or hand truck...

Your just screwed a puppy because you are a "BED WETTING OBAMA LIBERAL"

The post was deleted but it's easy to tell it was a troll whining about R&L guys having to buy their own jacks. Lets see Conway just gave back 5% if the driver I talked to was being honest he makes 60k so that 5% translates to about $58 a week, My pallet jack I just bought brand new & free shipping cost me $335. 335 divided by 58 works out to about 6 weeks & my jack is paid for, but he still has $58 removed from his check 46 more weeks so who is ahead. Seems I heard something on the order of 10% giveback for YRC!!! HMMMM I will stick with R&L & buy my new jack every 5 yrs or so.

Yes!! A 10% giveback translates into about a $6000.00 giveback!!!

A pallet jack costs $350.00, looks like we are still ahead $5650.00

Then lets see, I just got a $1500.00 401-k contribution from the company, It looks like we are ahead about $7150.00 for the year!!!

No one mentions a pallet jack will last at least ten years, its not a yearly purchase...

I say to those that have a problem with us buying a pallet jack, you are right, we are really getting screwed!!!:nutkick:

You might want to stay away from R&L, they are out to get ya!!!!:loser:

Shadow can you give me some info. I am looking to start. How is R & L to work for. What is their management like, is it friendly etc...Please help. I really need to make a decision.

Then lets see, I just got a $1500.00 401-k contribution from the company, It looks like we are ahead about $7150.00 for the year!!!

No one mentions a pallet jack will last at least ten years, its not a yearly purchase...

I say to those that have a problem with us buying a pallet jack, you are right, we are really getting screwed!!!:nutkick:

You might want to stay away from R&L, they are out to get ya!!!!:loser:
I'm from Yrc so maybe I'm breaking a rule by asking and if so I'm sorry. Is $1500 the total amount that R&L put toward your pension?

No, not a pension. On my 401K R & L put a 50% match of up to 6% of my gross income for the year. If an average driver makes 50k and makes at least the 6% contribution to his/her 401k then R&L donates about $1500.

No, not a pension. On my 401K R & L put a 50% match of up to 6% of my gross income for the year. If an average driver makes 50k and makes at least the 6% contribution to his/her 401k then R&L donates about $1500.
Thanks for the info Dubba. :thumbsup: So is this in addition to your pension? I know, lots of questions!

R&L has contributed the company match to our 401-k on 3-5-09...

Just an observation...

Although this has been stated earlier in the thread, R&L doesn't pay overtime to their drivers.
So for every hour over 8/40 you work, they are saving 1.5X your hourly rate.
Maybe it's different in other parts of the country,
But around here, I haven't yet met an R&L city driver who works less than 50 hours per week.
When freight was strong, these guys were clocking-in 60+ hours easy.

Let's say you average 55 hours per week in the city.
That's 15 hours of OT they aren't paying
If you're making $22.00/hr, they're saving $165 per week.
Or $660/month
Or $7920 per year.

Throw in the pallet jacks and handtrucks you guys pay for.
And the Hazmat endorsement you pay for out-of-pocket also.
Multiply this by how many drivers R&L employs, and that's alot of moolah they're saving.

Now, speaking for myself at least...if I want to work 55 hours per week, I'll go linehaul and make more $$$$ without dealing with the stressful appointment times, lumping freight, a-hole customers, liftgate/inside/residential deliveries, grocery warehouses, appointments loaded in the nose, etc...
I wouldn't want to work the city for 55+ hours per week.
Like alot of guys, I do P&D so I can have a life at home outside the truck.
Otherwise I'd go linehaul in a flash!

Now I'm not bashing you guys any.
Maybe you guys like working those hours in the city
To each their own as the saying goes.
But implying that you guys get a 401k match which is better than other companies that don't
And that R&L is more noble than other outfits
Isn't really telling the whole story...

I can tell the union guys are sitting and have nothing to but try and stir us up. Yes we love working 50 or 60 do the math we make more than 99% of others this pays for my new boat daughters college and all day to day goodies. This beats being laid off

A few months ago I was out there seeing what my options were, I called up an r+l terminal in eastern ohio, he told me their new pay scale starts out at $15 and tops out at $18. umm... I can make that working at a call center, not risking my life. Perhaps they didn't do a pay cut, but for new people... they will be making mid-states express wages.

A few months ago I was out there seeing what my options were, I called up an r+l terminal in eastern ohio, he told me their new pay scale starts out at $15 and tops out at $18. umm... I can make that working at a call center, not risking my life. Perhaps they didn't do a pay cut, but for new people... they will be making mid-states express wages.

Yea, that was something that was tried a few months ago, couldn't get quality hires at that rate.
So, that idea, like many before it, went bye-bye.
Call back and see if it wasn't changed.

zathlon - it is two steps away from being a cult..... horrible environment and getting worse by the day.... alot of the positive you hear on here is from actually owners and their puppets.... they raised the insurance and it sucks, no retirement - only 401k which everyone thinks its great they gave their contribution (but come on...), they started a new driver program in an effort to get rid of hiring drivers at regular rate and cut insurance costs. We as drivers get yelled at daily by customers because we are not making appoinments, thanks to the Company for rolling back our start times.... It is a mess.... They have been eliminated long term managers/salary people (8 years to 27+ years) because the new President, Bob Z from YRC is making room for all of his former co-workers who need jobs.... Yep, demoted a great man, Mike S, who was with the company for like 20 years because Roberts are greedy and want to scarf up all the YRC/Holland business while that Company is going down.... But hey, they offer company resorts! Lol! They are nice, but the fact is they are a tax-write off for the Roberts... But all you hear is about their Employee Resorts.... It is a joke.... When a compnay fires a man less than a week after his wife dies of cancer, because a YRC salesman/terminal manager needs a job - you know they are cut-throat bastar**.... Additionally, the one owner's best friend had been with the company for like 25 years and let him go while going through cancer.... Not even at the end of 12 weeks FMLA... just because..... RUN, RUN FAST!!!

zathlon - it is two steps away from being a cult..... horrible environment and getting worse by the day.... alot of the positive you hear on here is from actually owners and their puppets.... they raised the insurance and it sucks, no retirement - only 401k which everyone thinks its great they gave their contribution (but come on...), they started a new driver program in an effort to get rid of hiring drivers at regular rate and cut insurance costs. We as drivers get yelled at daily by customers because we are not making appoinments, thanks to the Company for rolling back our start times.... It is a mess.... They have been eliminated long term managers/salary people (8 years to 27+ years) because the new President, Bob Z from YRC is making room for all of his former co-workers who need jobs.... Yep, demoted a great man, Mike S, who was with the company for like 20 years because Roberts are greedy and want to scarf up all the YRC/Holland business while that Company is going down.... But hey, they offer company resorts! Lol! They are nice, but the fact is they are a tax-write off for the Roberts... But all you hear is about their Employee Resorts.... It is a joke.... When a compnay fires a man less than a week after his wife dies of cancer, because a YRC salesman/terminal manager needs a job - you know they are cut-throat bastar**.... Additionally, the one owner's best friend had been with the company for like 25 years and let him go while going through cancer.... Not even at the end of 12 weeks FMLA... just because..... RUN, RUN FAST!!!

why are you still working here???????????