TForce | The current state of TForce? Opinions? Losing customers? Economy? Layoffs?

I mite be missing something here, but does it not take a “power unit “ to pull a set of pups down the road? Be it TForce pups, Saia pups, ODLF pups, XPO pups, Estes pups, Buster Brown pups, FXF pups, ABF pups, etc, etc………………..
I don't know about that, we pulled sets of pups at NW and none of our tractors had any power. :17142:

A box needs to go from here to there.

Many boxes go into a trailer.

Since the Company cannot afford good drivers and quality equiptment they attach two trailers for half the pay.

he he.

Whats left goes onto the train. Someone else will worry about that tomorrow.

It appears they're reinvesting the profits back into equipment , which is a good thing. Hiring new sales reps is a good thing. Some of the managers stuck in the UPS mentality blows. Towing trucks instead of driving 30 miles to pick them up stupid 3 drivers waiting 2 hours for 1 trailer stupid.

I’m hearing a few things….there a bunch more to their master plan.
1. TForce wants to get down closer to their core local business and build back slower, regaining trust and proving consistent service.
2. They are continually raising rates on undesirable freight that don’t fit LTL system in hopes that customers politely back away. (You Never want to burn bridges and just outright tell them to ”F” off, you have ugly Freight.)
3. They are trying to get rid of really time consuming and some ugly National Accounts, most UPS inflicted.
4. Cost cutting Manpower, acquiring New equipment, a fast aging fleet that needs constant repairs , building repair band aids, building section shutdowns is still killing them. They can’t get ahead to build and sustain local business. Can’t get the new customer to sign a contract only to “Not show up or be late”
#2 and 3 is a result of UPS using us to haul ugly freight to gain packages and deny dense LTL freight because customers didn’t ship enough packages. We also lost that dense freight business to our competition and it’s been a struggle to get it.

I see promise, some of us have been through company “resets” or “Do-overs”, some getting sick of it all and just hanging on. Hopefully it’s not a pipe dream and hopefully the management can explain and share these things to us drivers who don’t get to always get updated. This would help put us at ease…..but I’m also glad I’ll be hopping on the retirement train soon.

1. TForce wants to get down closer to their core local business and build back slower, regaining trust and proving consistent service.
2. They are continually raising rates on undesirable freight that don’t fit LTL system in hopes that customers politely back away. (You Never want to burn bridges and just outright tell them to ”F” off, you have ugly Freight.)
3. They are trying to get rid of really time consuming and some ugly National Accounts, most UPS inflicted.
4. Cost cutting Manpower, acquiring New equipment, a fast aging fleet that needs constant repairs , building repair band aids, building section shutdowns is still killing them. They can’t get ahead to build and sustain local business. Can’t get the new customer to sign a contract only to “Not show up or be late”
#2 and 3 is a result of UPS using us to haul ugly freight to gain packages and deny dense LTL freight because customers didn’t ship enough packages. We also lost that dense freight business to our competition and it’s been a struggle to get it.

I see promise, some of us have been through company “resets” or “Do-overs”, some getting sick of it all and just hanging on. Hopefully it’s not a pipe dream and hopefully the management can explain and share these things to us drivers who don’t get to always get updated. This would help put us at ease…..but I’m also glad I’ll be hopping on the retirement train soon.
If you haven't all noticed, we are handling a lot less haz mat, too. Which is a good thing.
Remember, the newest old UPS power equipment is all reaching the 8 year old mark . All that brown trash will need to be sent away.

Communication is a key element. If they'd just tell people the plans for the future people would relax more.