TForce | The current state of TForce? Opinions? Losing customers? Economy? Layoffs?

I've been here (UPS/TFORCE) 15 years. When I hired in I was #22 city man and soon had 6 more under me at my barn. There was around 18 road guys. We had around 60 men and women total working at this terminal. Now there are 16 city and 8 road and 6 on the other side of the glass.
Bill count was like 300 OB on average(although we did see some 550 nights on OB) and 175-200 IB. Now 150 on OB is a big night and 100 IB is alot.
All this to say that after 15 years I'm right back where I started, working a handful of hours on OB and maybe on the street if some one is off for the day.
I really was hoping to stay until retirement but I'm starting to think there isn't much reason to stick around. Good thing retirement is close but starting over at my age isn't too appealing either.

Just my opinion and that's all that it is. If there is another union company that will close their doors this will be the one. Reading on here and listening to the horror stories from drivers that jumped ship to Estes just makes me believe they are not on solid ground.

Just my opinion and that's all that it is. If there is another union company that will close their doors this will be the one. Reading on here and listening to the horror stories from drivers that jumped ship to Estes just makes me believe they are not on solid ground.
TFI said exactly what it was going to do . This is no surprise to me. Everyone or anyone who wasn't listening, that is on you .
At least 1/3 of the freight we hauled with ups was losing money .
This isn't a charity, if 1/3 of the freight is gone, then 1/3 of the jobs are gone also , sorry but this is just life .
Welcome to reality, it sucks sometimes.
The company is doing just fine financially, in fact better than it ever did .
The company has gone front 12500 union employees to about 7500 in 3 years . TFI made it clear, they aren't in business to break even.

TfI will drop out of this contract with t force soon. They can't afford it at all; that's why it's making aggressive cuts. Can't pick up new customers and can't pickup or deliver freight on time because it wants to remove dock workers and make the city drivers do everything for more while producing less freight times successfully. Also it's another reason while recently it acquiring flat bed company Daseke becuz it's way better then t force to offset the losses tforce having. Correct me if I'm wrong but tell me they won't be able to compete with ODFL,XPO or even Estes once those addition terminals from yellow become operational and they become a super region ltl carrier while t force keeps reducing for numbers. Tforce with be picked apart and TFI will lease the terminals out. Id be putting in applications if possible if I'm one or 3 of the bottom guys.. I know it's the slow time of the year but when you are shipping outbound freight less then 13k a night then that speaks on the future as a company. One last time and not to discrimination but tfi is a Canadian company, Americans not gonna overall look for a company based outside of USA for the longterm business deals they'll rather American companies to do business. I give this place 3 years and done especially when the insurance premium drop and the company gonna have to pay more per employee an family plans 🤣

TfI will drop out of this contract with t force soon. They can't afford it at all; that's why it's making aggressive cuts. Can't pick up new customers and can't pickup or deliver freight on time because it wants to remove dock workers and make the city drivers do everything for more while producing less freight times successfully. Also it's another reason while recently it acquiring flat bed company Daseke becuz it's way better then t force to offset the losses tforce having. Correct me if I'm wrong but tell me they won't be able to compete with ODFL,XPO or even Estes once those addition terminals from yellow become operational and they become a super region ltl carrier while t force keeps reducing for numbers. Tforce with be picked apart and TFI will lease the terminals out. Id be putting in applications if possible if I'm one or 3 of the bottom guys.. I know it's the slow time of the year but when you are shipping outbound freight less then 13k a night then that speaks on the future as a company. One last time and not to discrimination but tfi is a Canadian company, Americans not gonna overall look for a company based outside of USA for the longterm business deals they'll rather American companies to do business. I give this place 3 years and done especially when the insurance premium drop and the company gonna have to pay more per employee an family plans 🤣
And I see what you are seeing. We got what we thought was a really good (not great) contract so we all would vote it in. Not really questioning why we were being given another paid holiday and free health insurance at year five.
My opinion is that TFI will sell everything off before we see year five.
If they really wanted to grow this business we would be seeing a build up of equipment and manpower now. Our competition is preparing themselves for a turn around in the economy, and t force is shrinking itself.
By the time the economy gets stronger and freight gets moving again t force will be so far behind their competition they'll never gain market share.

And I see what you are seeing. We got what we thought was a really good (not great) contract so we all would vote it in. Not really questioning why we were being given another paid holiday and free health insurance at year five.
My opinion is that TFI will sell everything off before we see year five.
If they really wanted to grow this business we would be seeing a build up of equipment and manpower now. Our competition is preparing themselves for a turn around in the economy, and t force is shrinking itself.
By the time the economy gets stronger and freight gets moving again t force will be so far behind their competition they'll never gain market share.
🤣, growth does not equal profit.
A trucking company can give away freight for a loss and it will haul more freight than any other company, until they can't pay the bills .
Profit is more important than volume.

Ridiculous.

As a driver on the bottom of the board it really sucks.

Our terminal has shrunk on employees , bids, equipment, doors, bol’s
We are profitable but it’s really slow, I’ve been working 2 jobs for 4 years trying to hold on to hope and it’s been crazy. I am next man up for a bid but some of these folks just won’t retire even at 67 yrs old. I hope the best for Tforce but idk what to think.

🤣, growth does not equal profit.
A trucking company can give away freight for a loss and it will haul more freight than any other company, until they can't pay the bills .
Profit is more important than volume.
You are absolutely correct. Growth doesn't equal profit, but bills equal revenue, (which comes with growth) and that revenue SHOULD be profit. I most certainly want to work for a profitable business. I also want to work where I (and my co-workers) have a secure future. I'm just not seeing that.

It is crazy how many people come on here and hate on this company. Half of them don’t even work here. It does stink to be at the bottom I agree but go ahead and quit and go somewhere else and start at the bottom. Oh yeah and with no pension and worse healthcare. Looking at my paycheck lately seems to be more than ever. If you question anything go ahead and read or listen to the earnings call transcript. Big changes coming in 2024.

They are just "Rightsizing " the company per amount of freight flow . Anyway that's the term they use for all the seats covered up at the boring NASCAR turn left all day tracks , they said they was "Rightsizing the stands per the fan base ............

We are profitable but it’s really slow, I’ve been working 2 jobs for 4 years trying to hold on to hope and it’s been crazy. I am next man up for a bid but some of these folks just won’t retire even at 67 yrs old. I hope the best for Tforce but idk what to think.

Being in the bottom it is bad especially in Jacksonville Florida I have a 81-year-old a 72 year old a 68 a 67 and just to make sure they don't retire my manager went out I rent two electric pallet jacks now we know they are not living

Being in the bottom it is bad especially in Jacksonville Florida I have a 81-year-old a 72 year old a 68 a 67 and just to make sure they don't retire my manager went out I rent two electric pallet jacks now we know they are not living
Why rent 2 electric pallet jacks for someone who is not living ?? :lmao:

Check out the contract. It probably says something about crybaby younger guys whining about older guys still working. You can probably file a grievance about that and possibly win. :nut kick::crybaby:

I know it sucks but look at the big picture. Hang on if you can't don't feel down.