FedEx Freight | The latest from Raj

Me and my lunch buddies were discussing this at the counter. The word ā€œindigenousā€™ and ā€œnativeā€ has been modified lately. So unless anything else has been modified, everyone ā€œcame hereā€ā€¦.. :17142:
I just had 4 ton of modified delivered

Isn't there a interview with Raj where he says they don't want FedEx to be a career anymore. That FedEx should be a 7 year job max. Heard someone talking about it, but I've found nothing.

Me and my lunch buddies were discussing this at the counter. The word ā€œindigenousā€™ and ā€œnativeā€ has been modified lately. So unless anything else has been modified, everyone ā€œcame hereā€ā€¦.. :17142:
Loveā€™s has a lunch counter?

What's your point?
Maybe he is saying that my ancestors came over and worked labor intensive jobs to get their start and the following generations joined the army , navy, and air force to learn service, honor, duty and a skilled trade to get a head so there children could to college and get an education and live a better life... the American dream of " privilege " ... idk... I'm probably way off base...

They are already using some sort of AI with some of our shipments. Our appointment woman calls and schedules a window appointment. Usually either a 4 or 8 hour window. Then without anyone's knowledge, the customer receives another call and is given a 1 hour window. However, neither the driver or anyone at the center knows anything about the 1 hour window. This has happened a few times to me. Yet nobody knows why this is happening or how to fix it.

A year ago we were at 102k shipments a day, now we're at 89k. That's a steep drop, especially considering we were pretty dead at 102k. We were furloughing drivers and offering cc days. When we started doing furloughs we were at about 111k a day.
I'm sure you mentioned it in another thread... but our hub does quite a bit of railwork.. how does the daily shipment and railwork ( trailer swap) get tracked? 1 trailer =1 shipment? The # of ground trailers were moving has significantly increased as well as the railwork we are doing for freight and ground...
This is not a debate for rail support...I'm just curious when we see daily shipment count ,etc to labor ratio... I am curious if anyone is aware of those #s. Looking at your post.. less daily shipments but not as many furloughed? I'm not sure... no furloughed at my hub and hiring...which is another question I'm itself... cause not busy at all...

I'm sure you mentioned it in another thread... but our hub does quite a bit of railwork.. how does the daily shipment and railwork ( trailer swap) get tracked? 1 trailer =1 shipment? The # of ground trailers were moving has significantly increased as well as the railwork we are doing for freight and ground...
This is not a debate for rail support...I'm just curious when we see daily shipment count ,etc to labor ratio... I am curious if anyone is aware of those #s. Looking at your post.. less daily shipments but not as many furloughed? I'm not sure... no furloughed at my hub and hiring...which is another question I'm itself... cause not busy at all...

A shipment is a pro number, not a trailer. No furloughs at my building either. They're relying on road drivers to fill the dock worker void.

I don't have any information on rails, but it might be have a conversation worth having. I had a conversation about PT with corporate about 6 months ago (some folks here are aware) and they said they use PT to cover the imbalance in lanes to reduce empty trailer miles. I'm assuming rails are the same thing.

As for the hiring, they're preparing themselves for post election numbers. If it doesn't get better after the election, they don't lose anything by having city drivers work 6 hours and having road drivers sit at home.

The word indigenous is not in my buddies vocabulary, they says, "hez frum"

A shipment is a pro number, not a trailer. No furloughs at my building either. They're relying on road drivers to fill the dock worker void.

I don't have any information on rails, but it might be have a conversation worth having. I had a conversation about PT with corporate about 6 months ago (some folks here are aware) and they said they use PT to cover the imbalance in lanes to reduce empty trailer miles. I'm assuming rails are the same thing.

As for the hiring, they're preparing themselves for post election numbers. If it doesn't get better after the election, they don't lose anything by having city drivers work 6 hours and having road drivers sit at home.
Our dock labor is pretty expensive with all these CDL steering wheel holders moving freight lol. Seems as though we have more drivers than part time dock moving the freight.

Our dock labor is pretty expensive with all these CDL steering wheel holders moving freight lol. Seems as though we have more drivers than part time dock moving the freight.

Drivers are harder to replace, especially at FedEx because of the dock work. How much does one apprentice cost? I think the number is up to 15k between pay, benefits, equipment and testing. It's cheaper and more efficient to keep them on the dock than it is to rush to hire when you need them. Part time dock workers are easier to replace so if they eventually quit due to being called off or being sent home early, it's not a big deal to corporate.