FedEx Freight | The latest from Raj

Well this will be a flop just like Freight 2020 & Fedex Direct. The only real example of what they're talking about is where it showed an estimated delivery date on Northern Tools website.....wow real innovative.

They had some robot loading arms shown. But if anyone here has ever been loaded by robots it takes them twice as long as a human.

A shipment is a pro number, not a trailer. No furloughs at my building either. They're relying on road drivers to fill the dock worker void.

I don't have any information on rails, but it might be have a conversation worth having. I had a conversation about PT with corporate about 6 months ago (some folks here are aware) and they said they use PT to cover the imbalance in lanes to reduce empty trailer miles. I'm assuming rails are the same thing.

As for the hiring, they're preparing themselves for post election numbers. If it doesn't get better after the election, they don't lose anything by having city drivers work 6 hours and having road drivers sit at home.
They lied about PT use! Nashville constantly cancels bids for PT. Then they run other freight out of route to hide the balance. I've witnessed it, and even showed my manager by having him research a trailer.

His response when I proved it... It's above my pay grade....

They lied about PT use! Nashville constantly cancels bids for PT. Then they run other freight out of route to hide the balance. I've witnessed it, and even showed my manager by having him research a trailer.

They have been doing this for a while here.

I'm sure they did or at bare minimum made some number adjustments (what counts as PT), but it's not something I can prove so I have no choice but to take it at face value.

Nas, what you found out, has been going on for years. There has always been something not right about FXF and their use of PT. I've always thought that whoever signs these contracts for FXF needs to be looked at a little more closely. The way some Mgr described it to me, FXF has some onerous terms they have to honor or pay for not using PT. The only time FXF has ever backed off that was when Covid hit and per mile rates went thru the roof. Just remember Nas, people first.

Nas, what you found out, has been going on for years. There has always been something not right about FXF and their use of PT. I've always thought that whoever signs these contracts for FXF needs to be looked at a little more closely. The way some Mgr described it to me, FXF has some onerous terms they have to honor or pay for not using PT. The only time FXF has ever backed off that was when Covid hit and per mile rates went thru the roof. Just remember Nas, people first.
Probably along the lines of some of the ground runs, some of those contractors are on "dedicated" routes and get paid if they run or not. so they make them move empties around.

heck our run I was on for a bid was a dedicated route, I moved equipment for the first 2 months. Bring a van down, bobtail or pups back ect.