Estes | The "Loon" has retired..

YRC is so good at screwing people that they can even screw people who aren't even their people yet.

Well, I had talked to several guys on here on the YRC forum and PMing them and told me to look for surprises, but I already knew about the guy up north "inquiring"(that's the word the TM used) about the position because his wife's parents retired here... It's OK, but what I don't understand is why did the guy go ahead and get me cleared to go, then this... His deadline to take the position was midnight Friday night, I talked to the TM at 4pm that afternoon and he never mentioned it.. Like I said, I'm not angry about it, just puzzled... I'll find something and if I don't, I'm not too worried.. I"m glad to see the guy get his family back home...

Have you ever looked into drawing a pension from the Teamsters Union?

I'm going to wait Mud until I start drawing my 401K, then I'll pursue that one... I got a friend of mine that was Union Steward at UPS and he's going to help me... I'm not strapped for funds right now, as long as the store and the wife continue doing well...... My wife still drags down 60K a year...

It sounds like the driver waited until the last minute to make the final decision. The TM should have waited to get you into the mix, until after the deadline had passed.

I'm going to wait Mud until I start drawing my 401K, then I'll pursue that one... I got a friend of mine that was Union Steward at UPS and he's going to help me... I'm not strapped for funds right now, as long as the store and the wife continue doing well...... My wife still drags down 60K a year...
You might want to think about drawing it while you still can.

You might want to think about drawing it while you still can.

My Teamster buddy and I are having coffee this morning at 8, so I will talk to him then.. He still doesn't know about what YRC TM did.. I know he'll laugh his ass off....