Estes | The "Loon" has retired..

They are like an overgrown rat. Yuck.

My friend says that coon is good. I've seen them skinned......they have a lot of meat on them. But I passed on the opportunity.

Sorry about what we've done to your retirement thread.:6817::bowdown:

No apologies necessary... Take it to the limits...

Well, the Loon is back at it... Start at YRC on Monday... Those buddies of mine over there better have their facts straight or there's gonna be a BBQ...... Yep, started in this business as a Teamster, I guess I'll giv'em another shot....

Well, the Loon is back at it... Start at YRC on Monday... Those buddies of mine over there better have their facts straight or there's gonna be a BBQ...... Yep, started in this business as a Teamster, I guess I'll giv'em another shot....

Let us know when you retire again.

One closing
Two jump ship before it closed
Left YRC when it went to **** after 9-11 and these famous words" We will never merge the two brands"
Over 40 years in trucking and it is not getting any better.
Good luck Loon see ya on the side of the road as I wizz by........... May want to get that breakdown number on speed dial.

One closing
Left YRC when it went to **** after 9-11 and these famous words" We will never merge the two brands"
Good luck Loon see ya on the side of the road as I wizz by........... May want to get that breakdown number on speed dial.

Maybe I'll see ya out there my friend...

One closing

Myself and some other Roadway ABQ city drivers that had the time in to retire, started talking in late 2008 about retirement. We came to the conclusion that we should go while the going was good. My last day was 06/01/ 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever works. If Roadway had never been bought there's a good chance I'd still be working.

I know you would my friend, you ain't foolin' nobody... I just don't have it in me to sit around, the store runs itself and the wife likes me at home at night and this was an opportunity that presented itself.. After her putting up with me for 29 years and raising two kids, practically by herself, I owe her that.... If it doesn't work, I'll say goodbye and go from there...

I know you would my friend, you ain't foolin' nobody... I just don't have it in me to sit around, the store runs itself and the wife likes me at home at night and this was an opportunity that presented itself.. After her putting up with me for 29 years and raising two kids, practically by herself, I owe her that.... If it doesn't work, I'll say goodbye and go from there...

It's hard to get out of the daily routine of going to work everyday. I almost took a job with the postal service when I retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you're talking about with that "boring" issue Loon. If you're still healthy, sitting around is really boring. There is only so much tinkering that you can do in a day without getting bored.
I hope that YRC understands that you're going to need a few extra minutes throughout the day to check in on truckingboards. lol
If you don't check in on here as much as you usually do, I'm probably going to end up asking for your resignation. lol

Good luck in your new adventure Bro. Try to ignore that black cloud that hovers over that place every day.

:1036316054:

I know what you're talking about with that "boring" issue Loon. If you're still healthy, sitting around is really boring. There is only so much tinkering that you can do in a day without getting bored.
I hope that YRC understands that you're going to need a few extra minutes throughout the day to check in on truckingboards. lol
If you don't check in on here as much as you usually do, I'm probably going to end up asking for your resignation. lol

Good luck in your new adventure Bro. Try to ignore that black cloud that hovers over that place every day.

:1036316054:

LOL. I was told once by my military parental unit, that I was a black cloud.. So one more won't hurt... It's like I tell the folks at the store, "Whether you look at the glass half full or half empty it's still half. It's up to you to get it where YOU want it"....

I make my own bed, I don't ask anyone to make it for me.... These are a great bunch of guy I'm going to work with every day... They show up, they do their work and they go home.. We work hard and we play hard... I guess I'll do that until the day they put me under.... I'm going there to have a little fun, something I haven't been able to do for some time now... What YRC does, they do... I'm not going to let it affect me and what I do...

I'm not going to YRC to make a name for myself, but by-damned, I'm going to have fun.... Maybe all they need is a good shot-in-the-arm..... And like I told Mud, if it doesn't work out, we'll shake hands, have a beer, and move on.. But those guys over there, are still going to be welcomed at my table any day... Friends before finance.....

It's hard to get out of the daily routine of going to work everyday. I almost took a job with the postal service when I retired.

Looks like my deal with YRC fell through Friday... Someone form another terminal decided to move back,, His wifes' folks live here.. OH well, maybe I'll go over to Lowes and sell lawnmowers... Why the TM would go through all the foreplay to get me qualified and knowing this guy was interested is beyond me... I don't think the TM is all there.... No problem though...

Well crap. I just got on here to tell you good luck tomorrow and to have fun. Pretty dumb of that TM. Something else will surface if you're still looking.

Looks like my deal with YRC fell through Friday... Someone form another terminal decided to move back,, His wifes' folks live here.. OH well, maybe I'll go over to Lowes and sell lawnmowers... Why the TM would go through all the foreplay to get me qualified and knowing this guy was interested is beyond me... I don't think the TM is all there.... No problem though...

Have you ever looked into drawing a pension from the Teamsters Union?