Holland | The new deal vote

dragonflyz

TB Lurker
Credits
After watching what the last give back did and how it was sold to the membership. Will more people vote no.

We gave back 10percent but did anyone really know what we are getting back.

I did the math....10percent of your wages for 4 years at 60,000 per year. You give up 24,000 bucks. They give you stock option which is worth about 1300 dollars. To get the 24000 back the stock price has to be selling over 70 bucks a share. (it is current price is 1.50 per share)

Give 24,000 for 1300 in return. If they would have disclosed this before the last vote. Why would anyone vote yes.

This deal no matter what it is will only hurt the members more.. I dont believe anything from the company or the union since they have proven they will not disclose the actual terms or they will change them after the vote.

Send the union a message
stand up and vote no

/trucking/upload/members/sarcastic-b.html
I did the math....10percent of your wages for 4 years at 60,000 per year. You give up 24,000 bucks. They give you stock option which is worth about 1300 dollars. To get the 24000 back the stock price has to be selling over 70 bucks a share. (it is current price is 1.50 per share)
There is a couple a ways to calculate it. You took a yearly 10% whack on $60,000=$6000 so you made only $54,000 a year. That's $216,000 in 4 years. If a no vote prevailed what guarantee would you have to make the $216,000?

/trucking/upload/members/sarcastic-b.html There is a couple a ways to calculate it. You took a yearly 10% whack on $60,000=$6000 so you made only $54,000 a year. That's $216,000 in 4 years. If a no vote prevailed what guarantee would you have to make the $216,000?

There is no guarantee either way. but the yes vote ensured your loss of 6000 per year. By the way they suckered me into the yes vote last time. I learned my lesson not to trust them again. If we had an honest disclosure of the terms then maybe I could vote yes but both sides have proven to me that honesty is not their policy. Send Dollar bill and Jimmy a message "we are the union and we will decide how this company can survive and lying to the members will not be put up with anymore."

There is no guarantee either way
. but the yes vote ensured your loss of 6000 per year. By the way they suckered me into the yes vote last time. I learned my lesson not to trust them again. If we had an honest disclosure of the terms then maybe I could vote yes but both sides have proven to me that honesty is not their policy. Send Dollar bill and Jimmy a message "we are the union and we will decide how this company can survive and lying to the members will not be put up with anymore."

I have been accused of not having good comprehending skills but a yes vote would guarantee you keep on trucking and a no vote means no more trucking at YRC. Am I correct? There is no in between. Or are they bluffing and you're willing to call the bluff? I am assuming the vote is only a pension deferrall for 14 months. Any more of a pay cut then they are beyond the point of no return and I would have to agree with you

I am willing to call the bluff. I rather die a quick death then have be picked apart over time. I have been burnt too many times by both sides to believe anything from the union or the company. I am willing to take a stand but I respect the right of the membership to vote yes. I just dont believe that is the right thing to do this time.

I can tell you

I can tell you from experience that if YRC goes under you won't make that kind of money any place else. I'm laid off from USF Holland and I'm currently driving for a non union company. I am paid a percentage of what the load pays the truck. It's no where near what I made at USF Holland. I ONLY make money when the truck is full and rolling down the road. Not only was I broken down for over 3 days, living in a truck, but I had to pay for the repair myself! Then I waited for over a day to get another load.

You guys are SPOILED!!! You need to get back out and work for a non union again. You will be begging YRC for your job back.

I'll bet that the yes vote will win. Even with another 5% you will at least have a job and a darned good one at that!

So, stop :17: and pull your head out of your :eck13: and vote yes so you can :shift: and quit talking ::shit::.

If you don't want your job I'll gladly take it :clap:

For your info, I am laid off as well, Even a yes vote will not get us back. We are done no matter which way the vote goes. Once we started giving back it was over. I would like to throw this give back in the union face and stick to the company once last time.

I'm laid off from Holland as well (Allentown,PA). I totaly agree with Kitkat36. That person is very correct about the pay and don't forget about the benifits. You won't get that any where else. You guys are spoiled and don't realize how good you have it. I was very upset and still am when I lost my job with Holland. I will miss it very much. I can tell you one thing, those days are over for me because I'll never find another job like that again. I hope you guys do the right thing when it comes time to vote. You don't want to end up outside looking in. Be thankful that you still have a JOB !!!!! P.S. Hey Zollars, you're an A-hole

Didnt the give back 10percent to save jobs happen before the east coast was shut down?

Why should anyone believe this give back will save anything now?

For your info, I am laid off as well, Even a yes vote will not get us back. We are done no matter which way the vote goes. Once we started giving back it was over. I would like to throw this give back in the union face and stick to the company once last time.

Start your own trucking company. maybe with your expertise in running a business you will make more money without Holland. Then someday an employee of yours will be sticking it to you. How i love to read how there are so many "victims" of this mess. Your laid off. Are we guaranted employment for life?

Start your own trucking company. Show me how to run a company. Hire a bunch of whining Teamsters at full scale and benefits in this economy. See how long your adventure will last.

i'll be voting yes. i never got into trucking for the money. It was more of a prestige thing. LOL

Good luck sticking it to the company one last time as you stick it to the rest of us Holland employees. Part of the reason this company is failing is the attitude that we're getting screwed. Then leave. You have free will. Excercise it. Find something else to do.

I have been accused of not having good comprehending skills but a yes vote would guarantee you keep on trucking and a no vote means no more trucking at YRC. Am I correct? There is no in between. Or are they bluffing and you're willing to call the bluff? I am assuming the vote is only a pension deferrall for 14 months. Any more of a pay cut then they are beyond the point of no return and I would have to agree with you
According to what we have been told by the IBT and the Company.
A no vote will guarantee that YRCW will shut down. A yes vote will guarantee a "MAYBE" they will keep operating for a while.
If YRCW goes out or shuts down Holland there is no way I am getting another Union Job. I Don't know anyone and don't hang in the right circles to be able to get an in on one of those. That's OK I knew the disadvantages when I decided to place my home time above that kind of thing.
I still like working at Holland. Even with all the BS it is still the best job I have ever had. And I am working with the best people I have ever been associated with. I will wait and see what the offer is before I make up my mind and it will be hard to vote to close it all down.
But if I have to I have to.

It will be a hard choice to make. Its going to hurt, but its the only option. I'm banking on it working, I'm buying as much of the company stock as I can.

Union Job? Unions do not provide jobs. Capitalist minded individuals provide employment. What a bunch of dunder heads. Who signs your check? The union? Too bad the union (IBT) has not lived up to the constitution and bylaws of our union.

Read pages 2 and 3 of our IBT constituion. Your union-IBT has let you down.

Why didn't the companies involved and the union agree to lose the dead weight? get rid of the slugs so the real workers could continue to benefit from a healthy company repesented by the union?

We are doomed by the naysayers and the footdraggers. Clean house and give me back my 10%

Union Job? Unions do not provide jobs. Capitalist minded individuals provide employment. What a bunch of dunder heads. Who signs your check? The union? Too bad the union (IBT) has not lived up to the constitution and bylaws of our union.

Read pages 2 and 3 of our IBT constituion. Your union-IBT has let you down.

Why didn't the companies involved and the union agree to lose the dead weight? get rid of the slugs so the real workers could continue to benefit from a healthy company repesented by the union?

We are doomed by the naysayers and the footdraggers. Clean house and give me back my 10%

Are you a real worker or a slug???:popcorn:You don't seem to like the union very much,if you think the union leadership has let you down,then get involved, next election,vote them all out,don't get me wrong as I believe as you do we need a leadership change right down to the local level..As far as calling your co-workers thugs,name calling is not in the best interest for anyone as we are all in it together.Tuesday we will find out what it is all about,till then everything is still a rumor:smilie_132:have a nice weekend....

to lovetotruck

I couldn't agree more! My son is in a union and yes in a way he does work for the union. He goes to the union hall and they find him a job. If he would happen to get laid off they would find him another one. He's worked for the same company and never been laid off. If the company happens to get a dead weight, lazy, undependable worker they lay him off. Back to the union hall he goes. You might think that this isn't right according to how the Teamsters operate but the company that my son works for has the best of the best working for them.

By the way they get $125 a week from their union if they are laid off. They also pay for schooling. The company pays his wages to go to school.

The difference between his union and ours is they are activly persuing companies to hire their members. They are also actively seeking jobs so their members will work. Their union dues might be a little higher but it's well worth it.

What has the Teamsters done for you lately?

If a lazy slacker or an overtime cheater has 30 days more senority than you does it do your heart good to see him employeed and not you?

I couldn't agree more! My son is in a union and yes in a way he does work for the union. He goes to the union hall and they find him a job. If he would happen to get laid off they would find him another one. He's worked for the same company and never been laid off. If the company happens to get a dead weight, lazy, undependable worker they lay him off. Back to the union hall he goes. You might think that this isn't right according to how the Teamsters operate but the company that my son works for has the best of the best working for them.

By the way they get $125 a week from their union if they are laid off. They also pay for schooling. The company pays his wages to go to school.

The difference between his union and ours is they are activly persuing companies to hire their members. They are also actively seeking jobs so their members will work. Their union dues might be a little higher but it's well worth it.

What has the Teamsters done for you lately?

If a lazy slacker or an overtime cheater has 30 days more senority than you does it do your heart good to see him employeed and not you?
kitkat36 what does your son do?

Rule 3. Do not resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

Rule 8. NO posting Union discussion in Non-Union Company Forums and NO posting Anti-Union discussion in Union Company Forums.

:popcorn: