Yellow | the New Right to Work States & YRCW ?

so you support scabs?
if I want to work a union job I join the union. Others have to make up their own mind. What I posted was that it takes a lot of guts to try that. The guys life will be miserable.

How is that any different than a guy at a non-union job signing a pledge card to join the union? In both cases he's the odd man out... Except the pledgee has protection, the rtw guy is on his own. Both are upsetting the status quo..

Last edited:
Here's what I don't understand. Middle class people will vote for someone like Scott Walker who does not represent their interests. There seems to be very little critical thinking going on. We hear sound bites and believe the lies and then think we know what is going on. The reality is we all are being taken for a ride down the path of economic insecurity. The powers that really control capital in this country know exactly what they are doing. They are not going to completely pull the rug out from under the middle class. That could result in the revitalization of the labor movement or anarchy. They are content to laugh all the way to the bank, while we fight among ourselves over the crumbs they leave us. I only hope that their greed gets the best of them and they go to far. When the workers have nothing left maybe the pendulum will start to swing the other way and social justice can once again prevail. Until that time comes it would be more prudent to educate yourselves on both sides of an issue and point your anger towards who is responsible for what is really going on. Current workers and retirees, young and old, should all be on the same side against the leeches who are sucking us dry. Why we are not united is the question that needs to be answered first. If we are not into this together, we will fail. Don't think for one minute that the 1% know this and sit back and laugh when we bicker amongst ourselves.
I find your thoughts completely delusional...

Here's what I don't understand. Middle class people will vote for someone like Scott Walker who does not represent their interests. There seems to be very little critical thinking going on. We hear sound bites and believe the lies and then think we know what is going on. The reality is we all are being taken for a ride down the path of economic insecurity. The powers that really control capital in this country know exactly what they are doing. They are not going to completely pull the rug out from under the middle class. That could result in the revitalization of the labor movement or anarchy. They are content to laugh all the way to the bank, while we fight among ourselves over the crumbs they leave us. I only hope that their greed gets the best of them and they go to far. When the workers have nothing left maybe the pendulum will start to swing the other way and social justice can once again prevail. Until that time comes it would be more prudent to educate yourselves on both sides of an issue and point your anger towards who is responsible for what is really going on. Current workers and retirees, young and old, should all be on the same side against the leeches who are sucking us dry. Why we are not united is the question that needs to be answered first. If we are not into this together, we will fail. Don't think for one minute that the 1% know this and sit back and laugh when we bicker amongst ourselves.

BaBaLoo, middle class folks are being screwed over by property taxes which are increasing to prohibitive levels in some places in order to finance the ever growing pay and perks of public sector employees. New Jersey for instance has I believe the highest property taxes in the nation. How are middle class people helped by being unable to keep their homes in some areas because of outrageous and ever increasing property taxes? From what little I know of Scott Walker, he has eliminated public sector unions, not private sector. Staunch defenders of unions like Franklin Roosevelt and George Meany both were against the concept of public sector unions for a variety of reasons. The public (who ultimately pays the bills) has no say in public sector union negotiations. How is that realistic or reasonable?

No worries wtfteamster .anyone that doesnt have the go along get along frame of mind and posts it in here will get ganged up by the same bullies every time . 1st will attack you typing skills , your spelling then try to lure you into saying something that will get you tossed .better off just clicking the ids and clicking ignore

Jimmy G, is he talking about us? Is he suggesting that some of us are so powerful that we're capable of "luring" others into making statements they really don't mean? Wow, I never realized that. So there are some on here who are so weak willed that we can actually "lure" them into some unwanted behavior. I wish I knew I had this power when I was younger and was hitting the singles bars! :lmao::hysterical::hilarious::biglaugh:

Jimmy G, is he talking about us? Is he suggesting that some of us are so powerful that we're capable of "luring" others into making statements they really don't mean? Wow, I never realized that. So there are some on here who are so weak willed that we can actually "lure" them into some unwanted behavior. I wish I knew I had this power when I was younger and was hitting the singles bars! :lmao::hysterical::hilarious::biglaugh:
. Jedi mind trick. Didn't know I had the power until the Star Wars series came out. By then I was married and under other powers....

BaBaLoo, middle class folks are being screwed over by property taxes which are increasing to prohibitive levels in some places in order to finance the ever growing pay and perks of public sector employees. New Jersey for instance has I believe the highest property taxes in the nation. How are middle class people helped by being unable to keep their homes in some areas because of outrageous and ever increasing property taxes? From what little I know of Scott Walker, he has eliminated public sector unions, not private sector. Staunch defenders of unions like Franklin Roosevelt and George Meany both were against the concept of public sector unions for a variety of reasons. The public (who ultimately pays the bills) has no say in public sector union negotiations. How is that realistic or reasonable?
Walker didn't end any unions. Just made it so people weren't forced by law to join. 11 years ago, Daniels in Indiana ended all public union contracts and put them up for bid. Didn't force any union out but made them compete. My property taxes have gone down 4 times since and Indiana is on solid financial ground. Meanwhile in Penna my Mom's taxes rose twice and she had to sell her farm so she didn't get into tax trouble because a 92 year old on a fixed income of SSI she couldnt afford more...

In my 45 plus year career I've been credited with 22 yr Teamster and 23 yr non. I've done equally well in both. I treat unionism as a work cooperative unlike most who seem to adopt it as their religion.

I've been in on the startup of a few civic operations. I've gone door to door and had more doors slammed in my face than opened. One thing I've learned is- you must truly believe in what idea you're selling andbe able to convince others of your idea or you will fail. Threatening a person for not agreeing to join will never win a convert to your cause.

Last edited:
Walker didn't end any unions. Just made it so people weren't forced by law to join. 11 years ago, Daniels in Indiana ended all public union contracts and put them up for bid. Didn't force any union out but made them compete. My property taxes have gone down 4 times since and Indiana is on solid financial ground. Meanwhile in Penna my Mom's taxes rose twice and she had to sell her farm so she didn't get into tax trouble because a 92 year old on a fixed income of SSI she couldnt afford more...

I stand corrected on Walker and public sector unions. Thank you.

I am not disputing the fact that property taxes have gotten out of control. The point I was trying to make is that the vast majority of todays politicians, on both sides of the aisle, are merely shills for moneyed interests. The labor movement started to go downhill when the leaders were in effect just representatives of another large corporate concern.

The labor movement started to go downhill when the leaders were in effect just representatives of another large corporate concern.
Do you mean since 1789???

Sounds like you like Our Lobbyists, but not Their Lobbyists? Every politician is owned by Somebody. Has been since humans were invented

Last edited:
In my 45 plus year career I've been credited with 22 yr Teamster and 23 yr non. I've done equally well in both. I treat unionism as a work cooperative unlike most who seem to adopt it as their religion.

I've been in on the startup of a few civic operations. I've gone door to door and had more doors slammed in my face than opened. One thing I've learned is- you must truly believe in what idea you're selling andbe able to convince others of your idea or you will fail. Threatening a person for not agreeing to join will never win a convert to your cause.

Jeff, can I like this twice and give it a gold star?

I think we need to have a new category that folks can give to a post. In addition to "likes", I think we need to be able to give "stymies". What do you think Jeff? :lmao: :hysterical: :smile new:

I think Allen Hoskins would be quite jealous, but Matthew Beard would be very proud!!