Yellow | the New Right to Work States & YRCW ?

You make valid points. but, wouldn't you say the newbie at the nons, has benefited from the Union without even realizing it in terms of wage increases, 401k's, paid vacations and bidding rights, etc. Every time we tried to organize "Big O", Federal Express, Fed-Ex Freight and Conway, they all got raises and work rules language to their benefit. I've had their Employees thank me on the CB.
In your opinion, what will take place on those jobs, should we become Dinosaurs and fall into the pit ?
No idea. I'm just a harbinger that we've caused our own Denise, combined with all the government regulations that chase businesses to other shores. Long as government thinks it needs to rule, and old school teamsters refuse to evolve to a new world, I see no positive results.

But don't ask me. I see us in the 6th Trump era of the Book of Revelation, and the great eagle isn't there in Armageddon.. In perspective, unions or no unions seems insignificant.

No idea. I'm just a harbinger that we've caused our own Denise, combined with all the government regulations that chase businesses to other shores. Long as government thinks it needs to rule, and old school teamsters refuse to evolve to a new world, I see no positive results.

But don't ask me. I see us in the 6th Trump era of the Book of Revelation, and the great eagle isn't there in Armageddon.. In perspective, unions or no unions seems insignificant.
I'm not giving up without a good fight until the Rapture.

ps.
I like the sign on your fence, do you see a lot of people stopping to read it.

Sugarfoot, the "I've got mine" attitude will need to be overcome. The conservative rhetoric, that those who struggle to make ends meet in our society are themselves to blame, must be countered with the facts. The corporate greed and economic policies that promote "out sourcing" MUST be addressed through legislation. The fallacy that less government will some how overcome human greed is just that, FALLACY. The undermining of labor unions through "Right to Work" is only one example of the conservative agenda. The rise of the American middle class was a direct result of labor unions, PROMOTED by national policies that were favorable to the growth of unions. The success of unions in raising the standard of living for millions is one of the leading causes of the decline. And now the indifference of too many Americans, to the relevance of unions. is speeding the decline!

apathy and cynicism are the biggest contributors. I hate the "its cool to not care" attitude. Guys will make 10 different excuses on why they don't show up to a meeting, a picket line, informational leafleting, etc. then they pass the buck and say something to the tune of "someone should do something about this", whenever they have a problem.

Put together s great product and people will flock to it. Put out a poor one and they leave. Economics 101. Government can't overcome that..

the union isn't a product, its legal representation. how is the union supposed to win big contract gains in the current day, when you cant even go on a financial strike, it has to be ULP's now, or else they can just hire workers now at the wages they feel like. HOW is the union supposed to combat that without getting legal backing? show me where I can buy ANYTHING that will help that situation, and I'll do us a favor, and buy the first round for everyone on the house....

the union isn't a product, its legal representation. how is the union supposed to win big contract gains in the current day, when you cant even go on a financial strike, it has to be ULP's now, or else they can just hire workers now at the wages they feel like. HOW is the union supposed to combat that without getting legal backing? show me where I can buy ANYTHING that will help that situation, and I'll do us a favor, and buy the first round for everyone on the house....
Organizing a union is akin to organizing a religious belief. The next generation is sold on our product or the movement dies. Prior to this generation unions survived because of Force of intimidation or Force of laws. That's why Albag in his post, and you on here seem to be calling for government involvement. Right to Work scares you into knowing the next generation isn't sold on our product, and without more recruits, what we have fails. Look at today's ( other than presidential) elections; today's generation elects people who ain't buying into unions... If we have no decent product to offer, we don't deserve to survive...

Most on here are 45-75 years old. Talk to 25-35 yr olds. They see social security, pensions, and unions as things that oldsters benefit from the labor of kids, while the systems will collapse before they get to collect. They see the emperor, and he's naked.

Most on here are 45-75 years old. Talk to 25-35 yr olds. They see social security, pensions, and unions as things that oldsters benefit from the labor of kids, while the systems will collapse before they get to collect. They see the emperor, and he's naked.

You're a savvy guy. We all were kids at one time. We both know why the Emperor is naked, because, 48% of Americans that are of working age are collecting some sort of Gov. dole. The other 52%...Us, are supporting them and the Companies we work for.

Basically, I Chose to join the IBT. Remember the comnercials- union by choice? The government can't force a person to join a church; it shouldn't be able to force a person to join a union, or pick our careers or our hobbies. We need to present a product worth having or fold...

Basically, I Chose to join the IBT. Remember the comnercials- union by choice? The government can't force a person to join a church; it shouldn't be able to force a person to join a union, or pick our careers or our hobbies. We need to present a product worth having or fold...
In your opinion Jimmy, which is all any of us have. What do you see as our problem with our current product ?

In your opinion Jimmy, which is all any of us have. What do you see as our problem with our current product ?
No future for young guys. Pension will be drained by old guys like us. Why would they even look at starting into it? Then, having to work with half the board stuck in 1965 attitudes of ententitlement in a 2015 competitive world. That leads to morale problems which no one needs, so most run away. Add on 14.00 @ hr starting pay And why bother? We used to be a Cadillac. Now we're a cheap base model Yugo.

No future for young guys. Pension will be drained by old guys like us. Why would they even look at starting into it? Then, having to work with half the board stuck in 1965 attitudes of ententitlement in a 2015 competitive world. That leads to morale problems which no one needs, so most run away. Add on 14.00 @ hr starting pay And why bother? We used to be a Cadillac. Now we're a cheap base model Yugo.
And now the same people who used to build the Yugo's are coming here in their sweat pants and Nike's armed with their GPS to live the dream!!! Then you and I see them either turning down wrong streets or entrances, or Apostolic posting them on the trucking accident page sliding off a logging road !!!!! Good luck ever getting wages attractive to people in this country when you have the people coming over and buying CDL's online for a few hundred $$$$$

No future for young guys. Pension will be drained by old guys like us. Why would they even look at starting into it? Then, having to work with half the board stuck in 1965 attitudes of entitlement in a 2015 competitive world. That leads to morale problems which no one needs, so most run away. Add on 14.00 @ hr starting pay And why bother? We used to be a Cadillac. Now we're a cheap base model Yugo.

Ok, agreed, valid points, except the Yugo reference...lol, we're still at least a Chevrolet. I feel this is all fixable if we didn't have this colossal debt around our necks. We have come along way since 2009, a testament to all our Professionals at all the YRCW Companies. No other LTL or TL Carrier on Jeff's site could have pulled this off in my opinion. It's never been done before in our lifetime. We're chipping away at it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I remain optimistic.

Ok, agreed, valid points, except the Yugo reference...lol, we're still at least a Chevrolet. I feel this is all fixable if we didn't have this colossal debt around our necks. We have come along way since 2009, a testament to all our Professionals at all the YRCW Companies. No other LTL or TL Carrier on Jeff's site could have pulled this off in my opinion. It's never been done before in our lifetime. We're chipping away at it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I remain optimistic.
I do also. Pride in yourself and your job is much more prevalent at YRCW companies than is reflected here. And that, my friend, is why we're still here. And why I remain optimistic for the future.

So here's is Question for Hoffa & Union leaders , what can the union do in years to come to make people want to join a union ?? thinking the ball is in your hands now , Mr.Hoffa & union Leaders to come up with new ideas on how to bring NEW Union members into the union's and not just talking about truck driver's , talking about all type workers across the USA !!! and no I am not bashing the union , I am saying they need to step up to the plate and take notice about the drop of union members over the years and address the problem......................

So here's is Question for Hoffa & Union leaders , what can the union do in years to come to make people want to join a union ?? thinking the ball is in your hands now , Mr.Hoffa & union Leaders to come up with new ideas on how to bring NEW Union members into the union's and not just talking about truck driver's , talking about all type workers across the USA !!! and no I am not bashing the union , I am saying they need to step up to the plate and take notice about the drop of union members over the years and address the problem......................
Why would Hoffa or the rest of them want to do anymore ??? They have guaranteed themselves hefty retirements, with healthcare. The rest of us, sheep, and non sheep are just going to be fading off into the sunset!!!!

If you are not talking to everyone you meet about the virtues of the labor movement, then don't blame the union. Jimmy g is so right. Why, after reading some of the comments, here would ANYONE consider joining???????????

Why would Hoffa or the rest of them want to do anymore ??? They have guaranteed themselves hefty retirements, with healthcare. The rest of us, sheep, and non sheep are just going to be fading off into the sunset!!!!

You'll never fade into the sunset. You have a promising stand up career ahead of you on on Cable TV.

Ppl
Amen Brother, we don't need non dues paying rats. We have too many dues paying, limp wristed rats now. Pay cuts, pension reductions, lost vacation time, attendance policies, mandatory uniforms, vote till you get the vote we want, the list goes on and on. Refresh my memory, how does the union benefit us. I live in rtw state and seems that I don't get much out of being union menber