FedEx Freight | The pension problem

No you never said it is written in stone, you guys never do then that's always your fall back position "I never said that". Yet you never preface it with anything staring its your opinion. Here's the deal in my opinion, if we are having a discussion about say for example pension, and you throw out a statement like"I would still fund both myself and have FXF put $320 a week or $16,640 annually towards my pension" you are letting people that aren't sure whats going on think that is what FedEx will do. Here's the fact you have no idea what is going to happen so stop speculating on something you can't control to make it sound better than it is.

Wait what? FXF is going to put $16640 towards my pension annually? I know I'm quoting a quote but I do agree with this poster. We do not know what our negotiated contract will look like until it is finished. Until we have a signed contract, it is only speculation. However, if this is what they're going to negotiate for me that's just a raw deal... unless I'm missing something... which I must be.

If FXF is going to put $16640 towards my pension annually and in turn for that, the union is promising me $1260/year upon retirement with no cost-of-living adjustment... that sounds like the company is paying more money towards my pension than they are right now and I will end up with less money than I will under the present plan. If I want security I would do significantly better than that buying US Savings Bonds at today's terribly low interest rates. You're surely leaving something out.

Anyone know how the stockholders meeting went, speaking of pensions? Did they put it to a vote about stockholders paying their taxes?

Some people refer to their 401(k) as their pension.
Sounds like this is the case and he is funding his own pension, not FedEx.

Is it? I'm going to find that master freight agreement and see what's in there. I'm not so sure about any of that and, anyway, the agreement they have with their management is not necessarily the agreement that, if we unionize, we will get.