FedEx Freight | The Starvation Games

I agree...
They are in the business of making money.
Aren't you there for the same reason?
Or are you there just for the Hell of it?
I'm just wondering on why I can't make any money spending every daylight hour driving this stupid truck.

I think the main reason is that people easily say ' the company is in it to make money,'..........

But somehow forget the reason that we are there for the same reason.

If we would look at it more like a 2 sided deal.
.than a one sided deal.... We might start making some money and not constantly be in positions where we are the side doing any worrying.

The investors have no desire to drive trucks.
They need you to drive them.
They need somebody to drive them....until the automation takes over..
If we allow it to take over.
It's our country too

Don’t really think they are “games”. Either freight to move or there isn’t. There not being enough certainly isn’t the fault of FXF.
Companies like estes and odu are having no issues with freight. Maybe if our sales ream would stop turning away customers wed be in the same boat as those other companies

Aren't you there for the same reason?
Or are you there just for the Hell of it?
I'm just wondering on why I can't make any money spending every daylight hour driving this stupid truck.

I think the main reason is that people easily say ' the company is in it to make money,'..........

But somehow forget the reason that we are there for the same reason.

If we would look at it more like a 2 sided deal.
.than a one sided deal.... We might start making some money and not constantly be in positions where we are the side doing any worrying.

The investors have no desire to drive trucks.
They need you to drive them.
They need somebody to drive them....until the automation takes over..
If we allow it to take over.
It's our country too
I'm definitely making money.
I hold a city bid and will be right at $100,000

Obviously others are worried about starving...by the looks of the thread title.
I'm not...
I've earned my spot.
Late in my career and I intend to bolster my social security as much as possible.
On the other hand we have younger folks who are more interested in going home every chance they get.
Lazy people make me money.

I'm not...
I've earned my spot.
Late in my career and I intend to bolster my social security as much as possible.
On the other hand we have younger folks who are more interested in going home every chance they get.
I'm not...
I've earned my spot.
Drivers are owned when we clock in. We rarely go home early.
New Penitentiary.

Same cycle you've seen every 7 or so years. Especially in the city. Guys at the bottom barely get by, guys at the top work 50+hrs a week.
Earning a living isn't a team sport.
I'm here to make as much as I can.
I don't remember FedEx asking me if I'd share hours when they made me my offer.
I ran turns and worked the dock when they rang the bell.
Its not my fault people don't want to work evenings and do dock work or run when the weather is crappy...

Companies like estes and odu are having no issues with freight. Maybe if our sales ream would stop turning away customers wed be in the same boat as those other companies
Nashville lost a big account because the drivers were taking longer than 15 mins at a swap so dispatch was charging the customer detention fees and when the customer called to complain they refused to remove them! No we no longer have that customer!

If you have a trailer with 20+ bills there is no way you can swap and enter everything in 15 mins! Fedex is its own worst enemy!

So how exactly does seniority work? Is it by job classification date or hire date? If someone from another terminal transfers in to your job class under you does he have seniority in a furlough if he has been with the company overall longer?

Also does a city driver with less city time but more overall time have seniority in a furlough? Just trying to gauge where I am

So how exactly does seniority work? Is it by job classification date or hire date? If someone from another terminal transfers in to your job class under you does he have seniority in a furlough if he has been with the company overall longer?

Also does a city driver with less city time but more overall time have seniority in a furlough? Just trying to gauge where I am

Job class seniority is the date you accepted your current position. Company seniority is the date you went full time.

I haven't had my furlough meeting yet, but my understanding based on COVID furloughs and what I've been told by prior that have already attended the meetings is that the furloughs are based on job class seniorty, not company seniority.

Somehow I don’t believe this. In fact have heard differently from an OD driver. Plus even if they are slightly better off (who knows) revisit that statement in about 3 months. Lmao

It should be by company seniority in your job class