FedEx Freight | The Starvation Games

Wouldn't that just be company seniority?
Not exactly. City with more would / could bump Road with less, or vise versa, if just Co. seniority.

By using "within the job class", it keeps the separation, I think. So company seniority still prevails. Just not across classes.

Very few are really effected by the difference. For example, Company seniority "within the class" moves me up 3 spots vs Job class.

Last edited:
Not exactly. City with more would / could bump Road with less, or vise versa, if just Co. seniority.

By using "within the job class", it keeps the separation, I think. So company seniority still prevails. Just not across classes.

Very few are really effected by the difference. For example, Company seniority "within the class" moves me up 3 spots vs Job class.
Would move me up about 9 spots for me, I'd be dead bottom if they start layoffs but unlikely to be completely out.

Would move me up about 9 spots for me, I'd be dead bottom if they start layoffs but unlikely to be completely out.
Fedex has a unique ability to **** off every single employee in every merger situation. It looks like the new boss at Yellow who came from FXF has brought that specific talent with him. When AF and Viking were merged into Fed Ex West, every single driver from both sides felt like they got screwed. And they did somehow. When they merged the Watkins drivers in, Fed Ex National at the time all of those guys got screwed. When retiring, having seen FXF "concern" for their employees I opted for lump sum options so they could not do any more to me. Lo and behold don't I get a packet in the mail from them, for what reason I have no idea. Detailing new changes to how retirees will be getting their benefits. These rules will supplant all those in a effect since 2017. A direct quote! They do what they want when they want. Screw you at their convenience and into the grave if possible. Bottom line, if your center is making money you're good, if not start planning. Seniority or lack of mean nothing, at any employer by the way. Just brutal, good luck boys!

I can promise you the Driver Advisor, HR, and/or MD will NOT be able to do anything, other than carry your "concern" up the chain. Many won't say a word. Too uncomfortable. RVP and/or above is where these decisions are made, and even then - only after a QDM study has been done. Some topics are even too uncomfortable for some of them, at least at first mention.

And YES, there are times when they need "called out", shown a better way, or at least pressed to answer the questions and consider the alternatives of a better way. AND (most important?) reminded of what they claimed to stand for. Be it Safety (Above All?), PSP, Purple Promise... All said to be CORE VALUES.

There is always strength in numbers. SO, if this concern is REAL, we have to speak up together, at once with a similar message. If it's just a couple guys on Truckingboards, it will never get much traction.

I can't find contact info for anybody on the intranet. Do you know what link I should go into?

People Directory, top right. Search your leadership, then move up the chain.

I tried that and got no results. I'll try again this week.
Your wasting your time...
It takes 5 minutes to write an email. Sometimes it goes my way and other times nothing happens. I've gotten dock supervisors to avoid me, attendance points removed from my record (that took a lot of emails) and I've had the road dispatcher amend his practices. I could've stayed quiet and been miserable with a defeatist attitude, but I decided to stand up for myself and climb the ladder with issues.

A lot of times, I send emails knowing they'll go no where, but it keeps me on the radar. They know to play by the rules or I'm telling everybody.

With PT, I'm not sending an email expecting change. I'm sending it to let them know how they're affecting us. To let them know that we're not working during a time of record inflation and it's sending a message that's opposite to "putting our people first".

I send emails because now I have a record of what I said and what the response was. They're worded professionally and carefully.

What's the worst case scenario here? I waste 5 minutes and get no response or a cookie cutter response? Fine, but I did what I could. What's the point of complaining on the internet if you're not going to take the information you gather and policies you've learned about and use them to your advantage? That's the waste of time.

I can't find contact info for anybody on the intranet. Do you know what link I should go into?
On the Freight homepage, top near the keyword search is the employee directory. Clicking on that opens a box to enter a name (or employee # better if common name). If you start with your own, it will open up the result of your inquiry. Something like this:

Emp---lookup--b.md.jpg

Then when you click on the manager (bottom right) their details will open up. In this case, keep going until you get to who you need. You'll note Raj will be the end of the line, as he has no manager, and answers only to the Board.

Wouldn't that just be company seniority?
No because they said they are doing specific ones for each job class. If needed. So if all the road guys have 10 yrs plus and they need 5 of them to furlough they take 5 of them guys at 10 years for example. They don't skip them because city has guys with 3 yrs for example. From what I understand they will determine how many they need off of each job board. Then it's company seniority inside that job class board.

I tried that and got no results. I'll try again this week.

It takes 5 minutes to write an email. Sometimes it goes my way and other times nothing happens. I've gotten dock supervisors to avoid me, attendance points removed from my record (that took a lot of emails) and I've had the road dispatcher amend his practices. I could've stayed quiet and been miserable with a defeatist attitude, but I decided to stand up for myself and climb the ladder with issues.

A lot of times, I send emails knowing they'll go no where, but it keeps me on the radar. They know to play by the rules or I'm telling everybody.

With PT, I'm not sending an email expecting change. I'm sending it to let them know how they're affecting us. To let them know that we're not working during a time of record inflation and it's sending a message that's opposite to "putting our people first".

I send emails because now I have a record of what I said and what the response was. They're worded professionally and carefully.

What's the worst case scenario here? I waste 5 minutes and get no response or a cookie cutter response? Fine, but I did what I could. What's the point of complaining on the internet if you're not going to take the information you gather and policies you've learned about and use them to your advantage? That's the waste of time.
Your persistence is admirable.
On the other hand no major rules or regulations FedEx has in place will ever change because of any email or confrontation with higher management.
What it will do is label those who do as trouble makers and a pain in the a$$
to work with.
I've seen it happen.

On the other hand no major rules or regulations FedEx has in place will ever change because of any email or confrontation with higher management.
to work with.
I've seen it happen.

Don't know unless you try. Maybe if I weren't in it on my own, things might be different. I'm pretty sure I've been labeled a PITA already. I won't stop into an office. Email and text messages. I want reciepts that I can refer to. I write an email, leave it in draft for a day and read it. Keep it short and only offer necessary information. I've gotten my way more than once and it's because I'm not afraid to go above people's heads

Honestly, worst case scenario they fire me. I do not care. It would suck, but I'd land on my feet. I always do. I'd feel a lot worse letting people abuse me and feel they can get away with it because they wear a purple shirt.

Jay Z has a song called "Justify My Thug". He says

They say an eye for an eye, we both lose our sight
Two wrongs don't make a right
But when you been wronged and
You know all along that it's just one life
At what point does one fight?

That's always my go to when it's time to put them up.

They know what they are doing....Don't you for a moment think they don't.....This that is coming down the pipe at us is in preparation for the global reset....it's only going get worse for us as time goes by....let this administration or the next....get the d.o.t....to allow illegal aliens to drive....and you will see how fast we're replaced with cheap labor..This is a wild ride we are on ....hold on fellas.....

to work with.
I've seen it happen.
That's what is wrong with this country! People scared to say something for fear of retaliation. I've always called management out on stuff that they did wrong or I didn't agree with. I'm still here. 20+ years. You have to be professional.

Nothing will ever change is we remain silent like sheep to the slaughter!

That's what is wrong with this country! People scared to say something for fear of retaliation. I've always called management out on stuff that they did wrong or I didn't agree with. I'm still here. 20+ years. You have to be professional.

Nothing will ever change is we remain silent like sheep to the slaughter!
Nothing will change with one person or a small group.
Like it or jot the only way to actually change it is with a union.
And before others start bashing remember that nothing is or will get done the way it's going if your unhappy with their rules and policies if you continue doing what your doing now.