XPO | The terminal we call XML...

wonderring99

TB Veteran
Credits
Today I called at 130 pm to take a pto to watch the game. FOM calls me back at 330 pm to tell me i cant grant you a pto for that reason so late in the day ... remember i called at 130 ... also sent an email to personnel @ 1230 .. I was kind of expecting to get the night off so I was off to home depot to do some other stuff I have been putting off ... correct me if I am wrong put i thought policy was 3 hours ... I am not going to stomp my feet about it but there are other things that have gone on as of late that has made me beyond getting mad anymore .. our outbound runs like it has a 2 hour back up .. they run a city flex driver who started at 130 pm to XDP @ 1130 pm to go hook and she is brand new out of a driving school other than conways .. she asked for help and got none .. she sat on the side of the road waiting to get picked up for 90 minutes and the inbound guy was nothing short of being an ass to her .. not her fault the supervisors sent her out to fail ... she went to talk to the driver trainer about it .. he says ... you were not properly prepared ... this young lady has a lot more going on upstairs then some of the other trash they hired so I can see this one leaving as well .. I could go on and on and on .... but milwaukee needs a good washing .. calling ann arbor does no good because they harass you after calling .. i have yet to call but i got my list ... oh btw HI SAM:nut kick:

Today I called at 130 pm to take a pto to watch the game. FOM calls me back at 330 pm to tell me i cant grant you a pto for that reason so late in the day ... remember i called at 130 ... also sent an email to personnel @ 1230 .. I was kind of expecting to get the night off so I was off to home depot to do some other stuff I have been putting off ... correct me if I am wrong put i thought policy was 3 hours ... I am not going to stomp my feet about it but there are other things that have gone on as of late that has made me beyond getting mad anymore .. our outbound runs like it has a 2 hour back up .. they run a city flex driver who started at 130 pm to XDP @ 1130 pm to go hook and she is brand new out of a driving school other than conways .. she asked for help and got none .. she sat on the side of the road waiting to get picked up for 90 minutes and the inbound guy was nothing short of being an ass to her .. not her fault the supervisors sent her out to fail ... she went to talk to the driver trainer about it .. he says ... you were not properly prepared ... this young lady has a lot more going on upstairs then some of the other trash they hired so I can see this one leaving as well .. I could go on and on and on .... but milwaukee needs a good washing .. calling ann arbor does no good because they harass you after calling .. i have yet to call but i got my list ... oh btw HI SAM:nut kick:
So, you gonna watch the Packers kill Atlanta tonight, or what?

not to bust your chops but calling in 3 hours before your shift is only part of the policy. The other part is the company's ability to "make planning adjustments required when an employee is absent or tardy".

Calling in to watch a football game probably wasn't the best decision. I'm not surprised it didn't get approved. The tried and true "I'm sick" excuse is more likely to get you a day off.

If y
not to bust your chops but calling in 3 hours before your shift is only part of the policy. The other part is the company's ability to "make planning adjustments required when an employee is absent or tardy".

Yes how dare you have a life!! Con-way is your life!!! Get your priorities in line man!!!

I gave them the proper notice like i thought .. thanks

Calling in to watch a football game probably wasn't the best decision. I'm not surprised it didn't get approved. The tried and true "I'm sick" excuse is more likely to get you a day off.

Who cares, he has pto, he earned it. He gave proper notice. Bottom line is management thinks you are a piece of equipment, not a human being.

maybe you're new to the conversation he didn't use PTO he went into work that's what he saidthat's why I said just to call in he was being a good soldier we all have pto well most of us do anyways

maybe you're new to the conversation he didn't use PTO he went into work that's what he saidthat's why I said just to call in he was being a good soldier we all have pto well most of us do anyways

Yes I'm aware he went on to work to avoid repercussions from the boss. But my point is he gave proper notice, had pto available, so he shouldn't have been hassled.

Whether our feelings towards the corporation are rational or not, nobody can argue that a workforce that doesn't feel good (Trust, Loyalty, Respect, Admire) about their employer will perform well.

So they didn't let him is my point if u want a day take it. God how difficult is that to understand. But a lot of drivers are afraid of doing that this is one of those cases.