XPO | The terminal we call XML...

He used to have 10 sick days available.
Just saying.....

Yeah and it wouldn't matter if he was dying, he'd still get a point if the calendar was full. How dare you be sick!! We don't allow sickness around here, you belong to Con-way now!

sHmGbbp.jpg

So they didn't let him is my point if u want a day take it. God how difficult is that to understand. But a lot of drivers are afraid of doing that this is one of those cases.

So what happens when Con-way suddenly decides to change their absentee policy and that point puts a 20 year man over the edge to termination? May sound far-fetched but you never know... They love writing rules in pencil over there.

So what happens when Con-way suddenly decides to change their absentee policy and that point puts a 20 year man over the edge to termination? May sound far-fetched but you never know... They love writing rules in pencil over there.

Still trying to recruit drivers to OD ? How much did you get in sign on bonuses this year ?

Don't ask just call in they dont have to give it to you. All of XML probably tried but others had used differrnt tactics. Oh yeah and they got off. But u have that great bunch up there. Ur tm and rm I mean

Well with all you guys have said. I can understand the driver calling in and expecting the day off. I also can respect him going in after being told to.(denied his p.t.o.) he went in because of HIS commitment to his entegrity and the stron armed tactis that go on in this company. I know many drivers and it is a shame that they feel they have to vent like wonnering has to. Shame on this company. But most of the drivers will not understand this. So as wondering did lets just truck.

The gray area strikes again. I can totally understand it though. Happens in my barn too.
If they can't get a replacement for you, cut or consolidate a run etc. in that short a time, than you're SOL, but thanks for being transparent,open and honest. Had it been of a more serious nature than you would have definitely been off.
It sucked that you couldn't get off using the bare minimum of 3 hours. That's one reason why people just call in sick when they need a last minute day off.

PTO days are requested in advance, usually in writing.

The three hour notice is for calling in sick, and determines whether the absence is excused or unexcused.

If you want to call in to watch a game, whether or not you're allowed may depend on operational needs. It sounds like the XML FOM tried, but after two hours, had to deny the request.

Y didn't u just take a point and tell ur from ur not coming in? Grow a pair
Exactly! Grow a pair. If the drivers don't stand up for themselves, they only have themselves to blame. You should have gotten sick immediately. If the maximum number of drivers that are allowed off at your terminal at a time, wasn't met, you should have been given the day off. Its still not too late to grow your pair on. Call XGO and complain! Your terminal will not like that, and they will learn a quick lesson. And while your at it, tell them about all the other crap that goes on at XML. If you don't call, don't complain!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! Grow a pair. If the drivers don't stand up for themselves, they only have themselves to blame. You should have gotten sick immediately. If the maximum number of drivers that are allowed off at your terminal at a time, wasn't met, you should have been given the day off. Its still not too late to grow your pair on. Call XGO and complain! Your terminal will not like that, and they will learn a quick lesson. And while your at it, tell them about all the other crap that goes on at XML. If you don't call, don't complain!!!!!!!!!
That's what I've been saying thee whole time so I said to grow a pair

If you read my original post ...
I am not going to stomp my feet about it but there are other things that have gone on as of late that has made me beyond getting mad anymore
pimp juice is making a bigger deal out of this than I am .. I have lots of issues with the way things have gone with this wanna be trucking company that has just put me going in.. going home ... pimp juice you are the ball less clueless horses ass .. if you knew anything about me personally you would not be telling me to grow a pair. My real issues started with this company last year when a rogue fos at XGH and linehaul would not let me go home because my child took off from her mother and was in an unsafe environment .. and something did happen to her that changed her life forever .. anyways ... I could go on and on .. but sonsofbitches like yourself can sit back and criticize people and call them ball less when they have no idea what or why a man walks the way he does .. monkeywrench.. you can kiss my ass also ... if you have balls you would tell me yourself to my face superman with a keyboard .. I am not hard to find .. look in XLA XCW or XTM ... I bet you dont you clueless coward .. I have grown to hate this company passionately ..and I have grown to personally hate some of the supervisory staff at XML. And I have told them. And I take those absentee points when I really want to send a message or screw something up ... not for a football game .. pimpjuice .. i wait to you to confront me face to face .. I know you wont. Ball less keyboard hero. :fingure:

If you read my original post ... pimp juice is making a bigger deal out of this than I am .. I have lots of issues with the way things have gone with this wanna be trucking company that has just put me going in.. going home ... pimp juice you are the ball less clueless horses ass .. if you knew anything about me personally you would not be telling me to grow a pair. My real issues started with this company last year when a rogue fos at XGH and linehaul would not let me go home because my child took off from her mother and was in an unsafe environment .. and something did happen to her that changed her life forever .. anyways ... I could go on and on .. but sonsofbitches like yourself can sit back and criticize people and call them ball less when they have no idea what or why a man walks the way he does .. monkeywrench.. you can kiss my ass also ... if you have balls you would tell me yourself to my face superman with a keyboard .. I am not hard to find .. look in XLA XCW or XTM ... I bet you dont you clueless coward .. I have grown to hate this company passionately ..and I have grown to personally hate some of the supervisory staff at XML. And I have told them. And I take those absentee points when I really want to send a message or screw something up ... not for a football game .. pimpjuice .. i wait to you to confront me face to face .. I know you wont. Ball less keyboard hero. :fingure:
Life would be a perpetual flea hunt if a man were obliged to run down all the innuendos, inveracities, insinuations, and misrepresentations which are uttered against him ... Rise above those comments and consider the source. :17142:

:usa2::usa2:
Today I called at 130 pm to take a pto to watch the game. FOM calls me back at 330 pm to tell me i cant grant you a pto for that reason so late in the day ... remember i called at 130 ... also sent an email to personnel @ 1230 .. I was kind of expecting to get the night off so I was off to home depot to do some other stuff I have been putting off ... correct me if I am wrong put i thought policy was 3 hours ... I am not going to stomp my feet about it but there are other things that have gone on as of late that has made me beyond getting mad anymore .. our outbound runs like it has a 2 hour back up .. they run a city flex driver who started at 130 pm to XDP @ 1130 pm to go hook and she is brand new out of a driving school other than conways .. she asked for help and got none .. she sat on the side of the road waiting to get picked up for 90 minutes and the inbound guy was nothing short of being an ass to her .. not her fault the supervisors sent her out to fail ... she went to talk to the driver trainer about it .. he says ... you were not properly prepared ... this young lady has a lot more going on upstairs then some of the other trash they hired so I can see this one leaving as well .. I could go on and on and on .... but milwaukee needs a good washing .. calling ann arbor does no good because they harass you after calling .. i have yet to call but i got my list ... oh btw HI SAM:nut kick:
Welcome to the real Con/Way minus all the smoke they will be blowing up your rear!:6817:

So all of this because a guy wanted to watch a ball game ? Tivo it. Or record it in some other manner and watch it when you get home.