FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Train, has a very happy wife.:1036316054: And you were able to negotiate a reasonable deal on the hired help. Again, :1036316054:. Now, if you had an experienced negotiator to assist, you likely would have gotten closer to a 50% discount. More importantly, that same negotiator should have been able to secure an agreement with Mrs. Train, for an open door policy, and a right to oversee the operation, as well as the right of participation, and/or right of first refusal.

So, the moral of the story... While the Train is somewhat satisfied, and the Mrs. is very satisfied, proper representation could have secured a much better deal for you Train, with only minimal concessions from the the misses. I think you squandered your leverage, Train. :idunno:

Now you must rely on hope, that you might participate, and you risk becoming used, only on an "as needed" basis...:poster oops:
Very good swampy. But I think you underestimate the Train. The price negotiated was a very sweet deal. As it was a specialty item that was in high demand and he was the only one that had them. He only gave it to me because I'm a regular customer and he wanted to keep my business. Plenty of competitors down the street. My leverage was used by my continual patronage to his business. Now as far as Mrs.Train again you underestimate me and my total agenda. You see at my age sometimes then pleasure is not worth the effort that has to be generated in that particular act. And because I have no problem with my lady and her inanimate friend and I trust her with my life as far as loyalty to me. Other gentleman are not an issue. So I'm cool with it. What I forgot to mention as she walked out the door for work saying the batteries were low is that I smiled and winked. She in turn smiled and winked. And said ... Job well done. So although I have been outsourced it was done by design. And we both were winners. As you grow older brother Swamp you must be willing to compromise taking each case with an open mind. And although I did say I may need to lock him up and had no intention to do so. Actually I may have to buy another one or maybe two at this rate of usage. And I'm Ok with that. But I think I will ask for that 50% percent off since I may have more leverage as a volume consumer.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Train, has a very happy wife.:1036316054: And you were able to negotiate a reasonable deal on the hired help. Again, :1036316054:. Now, if you had an experienced negotiator to assist, you likely would have gotten closer to a 50% discount. More importantly, that same negotiator should have been able to secure an agreement with Mrs. Train, for an open door policy, and a right to oversee the operation, as well as the right of participation, and/or right of first refusal.

So, the moral of the story... While the Train is somewhat satisfied, and the Mrs. is very satisfied, proper representation could have secured a much better deal for you Train, with only minimal concessions from the the misses. I think you squandered your leverage, Train. :idunno:

Now you must rely on hope, that you might participate, and you risk becoming used, only on an "as needed" basis...:poster oops:

And here is the rest of the story.........

Obviously, all should be well in Trainville with the mrs happy and the new management rights clause in hand, as it is quite important to the management of Train Inc to have a happy mrs.

However, upon honoring the battery change out request, Train discovers that the current ones have plenty of charge left. When discussing later, he is informed that a new set is required prior to each use to ensure uninterrupted and optimal performance.

With Dave Ramsey as CFO, Train Inc is run on razor thin margins and accounting is reporting back that the battery situation will create a significant problem with cash flow over the long term life of the agreement. What is Train to do? He obviously values the mrs satisfaction and engagement levels, but is uncomfortable overcommitting down a path that could have negative long term effects on the organization.

He decides to honor the request, forgoing his afternoon cup at Starbucks to offset the costs.

Unfortunately, without the afternoon coffee, the Train CEO falls asleep at 1900 each night and the buzzing doesn't even make him stir.....

"Happily" ever after...........

And here is the rest of the story.........

Obviously, all should be well in Trainville with the mrs happy and the new management rights clause in hand, as it is quite important to the management of Train Inc to have a happy mrs.

However, upon honoring the battery change out request, Train discovers that the current ones have plenty of charge left. When discussing later, he is informed that a new set is required prior to each use to ensure uninterrupted and optimal performance.

With Dave Ramsey as CFO, Train Inc is run on razor thin margins and accounting is reporting back that the battery situation will create a significant problem with cash flow over the long term life of the agreement. What is Train to do? He obviously values the mrs satisfaction and engagement levels, but is uncomfortable overcommitting down a path that could have negative long term effects on the organization.

He decides to honor the request, forgoing his afternoon cup at Starbucks to offset the costs.

Unfortunately, without the afternoon coffee, the Train CEO falls asleep at 1900 each night and the buzzing doesn't even make him stir.....

"Happily" ever after...........
Damn that's good. I wish I had wrote that.

Let me add that at Train inc. We are preventative in nature. We have created a culture that when it sees that a problem may be rising (again no pun intended) we address it. It's truly about culture here at Train. Something that I believe FedEx will find if only given a little time. I will post my missionary statement later. I'm mean mission ... Sorry. I'm pressed for time this morning because I'm looking to cut cost and have some appointments with some vendors. Per Daves recommendation I'm looking into rechargeable batteries. You gentlemen have a good day. Remember that a divorce is not unlike a strike. It can get real expensive and messy so it's best to be preventative in nature. It pays big dividends.

Last edited:
Let me add that at Train inc. We are preventative in nature. We have created a culture that when it sees that a problem may be rising (again no pun intended) we address it. It's truly about culture here at Train. Something that I believe FedEx will find if only given a little time. I will post my missionary statement later. I'm mean mission ... Sorry. I'm pressed for time this morning because I'm looking to cut cost and have some appointments with some vendors. Per Daves recommendation I'm looking into rechargeable batteries. You gentlemen have a good day. Remember that a divorce is not unlike a strike. It can get real expensive and messy so it's best to be preventative in nature. It pays big dividends.

In accordance with the preventative culture of Train Inc, a survey was conducted despite apparent favorable relations. Mrs Train responded that she recently has been in discussion with one Mrs Brothers. Mrs Brothers indicated that Mrs Train was missing the boat with her current arrangement. Mrs Brothers had joined a club that supposedly mailed different units to you monthly, enhancing the benefit through additional variety and allowing you to be the first to experience the newly released items.

A formal request was made and was denied by the Train Inc BOD as the monthly fees and maintenance costs were deemed inordinately cost prohibitive.

Mrs Train spoke with a sales representative from the 3rd party agency and as a gesture of good faith, she offered to pay the monthly membership fees from her pocket to obtain the service.

After CFO Ramsey completed a thorough analysis, the maintenance costs (maintaining a supply of AA, AAA, C, D, 9V and 18V batteries instead of just one size) were still unable to be worked into a profitable budget......

Negotiations are still ongoing, but the last report had the parties at an impasse between giving up broadband internet or the cable tv to pay for the additional benefits requested......

To be determined I guess......

Jim, when did how a service provider spends their money become relevant? Many a product or service provider spend money on things one might disagree with, but if the return (either perceived or actual) is of significant value, the customer is content, and satisfied, especially if there is not really a competing service provider, right?
Hi Swamp! It's generally not. But it becomes relevant if you're spending money and supporting a product that does illegal or immoral acts with the money you spend to support them, like let's say...embezzlement. Some people are perhaps ok with that, many are not, but it's a fair fact to point out. They're spending their money, true, but I gave it to them. Sometimes unions take money given to them by their members and do illegal things with them. Most of the time they don't, to be fair. But when they do, i'm not of the opinion that it doesn't matter because I got mine. It matters. It matters to me that money I spend at the gas pump might support terrorism, and i'll choose not to spend my money in that manner if I can knowing that fact.

Alway good to hear from you sir!

Since we are trying to lighten the mood a little on here let me say this. On this particular occasion Joe I was trying to work a deal on an item for my lady. See at my age the Train is not what he use to be. The little engine that could just can't all the time anymore. Train perhaps needs a little helper these days and I found an item that fit the bill. So after some time consuming negotiations I made the purchase ( 30% discount ). Let me say I put a smile on Mrs.Trains face that I haven't seen for years. But I do think I'm going to have to lock up my little helper because just this morning I heard a vibrating sound coming from the bathroom while my lady was in there and my helper was nowhere to be found. And when she came out of the bathroom she had that same smile on her face. I ask her where my helper was and she said he was put up on a shelf in the bathroom. Funny I don't remember leaving him there. And as she walked out the door to go to work she told me he needed new batteries. Strange because I had just put those in. Anyway to make a long story short ( no pun intended ) do you guys think that some funny business was going on in there or am I just being paranoid?
Perhaps if the RAT had a negotiator he could have a clause that made it so he had to be there when said device was in use. Win Win The RAT gets buffed and Mrs RAT gets a smile.

In accordance with the preventative culture of Train Inc, a survey was conducted despite apparent favorable relations. Mrs Train responded that she recently has been in discussion with one Mrs Brothers. Mrs Brothers indicated that Mrs Train was missing the boat with her current arrangement. Mrs Brothers had joined a club that supposedly mailed different units to you monthly, enhancing the benefit through additional variety and allowing you to be the first to experience the newly released items.

A formal request was made and was denied by the Train Inc BOD as the monthly fees and maintenance costs were deemed inordinately cost prohibitive.

Mrs Train spoke with a sales representative from the 3rd party agency and as a gesture of good faith, she offered to pay the monthly membership fees from her pocket to obtain the service.

After CFO Ramsey completed a thorough analysis, the maintenance costs (maintaining a supply of AA, AAA, C, D, 9V and 18V batteries instead of just one size) were still unable to be worked into a profitable budget......

Negotiations are still ongoing, but the last report had the parties at an impasse between giving up broadband internet or the cable tv to pay for the additional benefits requested......

To be determined I guess......
Pure genius .... One of our children has got to go or pay some damn rent.

Hi Swamp! It's generally not. But it becomes relevant if you're spending money and supporting a product that does illegal or immoral acts with the money you spend to support them, like let's say...embezzlement. Some people are perhaps ok with that, many are not, but it's a fair fact to point out. They're spending their money, true, but I gave it to them. Sometimes unions take money given to them by their members and do illegal things with them. Most of the time they don't, to be fair. But when they do, i'm not of the opinion that it doesn't matter because I got mine. It matters. It matters to me that money I spend at the gas pump might support terrorism, and i'll choose not to spend my money in that manner if I can knowing that fact.

Alway good to hear from you sir!

So fed ex spending hundreds of millions on sports arenas and sponsorships is ok. But when the union spends their money on stuff it's not ok got it thanks.

Could you show many any ROI on the things I have mentioned. I have posted them here google is your freind.

Could you show they aren't money makers? I am not the one who made the claim about them being a waste......

I would say that most fortune 500 companies are similarly involved in advertising......guess none of them got their MBA from CTU

Status
Not open for further replies.