FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you show they aren't money makers? I am not the one who made the claim about them being a waste......

I would say that most fortune 500 companies are similarly involved in advertising......guess none of them got their MBA from CTU

And im saying they are not money makers I would love to see some proof that they are. I would also say some spend way more than others fed ex being on the higher end of the spectrum.

And im saying they are not money makers I would love to see some proof that they are. I would also say some spend way more than others fed ex being on the higher end of the spectrum.

But the point is you have no proof to your claim. I have no idea whether they are or not, but unlike you, I didnt make a statement one way or another. So you expertise tells you they aren't profitable, huh? Not sure why, but that doesn't fill me with confidence. Another unsubstantiated statement from the truth monster.

Can either of you explain to me how to figure ROI on a sports stadium , or race car?
just guessing, but I would assume that it would have something to do with the popularity of the sport, the team, tv viewership, etc to calculate the target audience and the demographics of that target audience to the product you are trying to sell.........but no I do not know the specifics...

But the point is you have no proof to your claim. I have no idea whether they are or not, but unlike you, I didnt make a statement one way or another. So you expertise tells you they aren't profitable, huh? Not sure why, but that doesn't fill me with confidence. Another unsubstantiated statement from the truth monster.

Ok so prove me wrong then, it should be easy for a man of your intelligence level.

just guessing, but I would assume that it would have something to do with the popularity of the sport, the team, tv viewership, etc to calculate the target audience and the demographics of that target audience to the product you are trying to sell.........but no I do not know the specifics...
I fail to understand how you can debate the merits of the sponsorship but don't know how it works.

I fail to understand how you can debate the merits of the sponsorship but don't know how it works.

I fail to understand where I have debated the merits of a sponsorship........I simply asked someone to defend a position they threw out there with something more than the good 'ol "because I said so" argument.....

Hi Swamp! It's generally not. But it becomes relevant if you're spending money and supporting a product that does illegal or immoral acts with the money you spend to support them, like let's say...embezzlement. Some people are perhaps ok with that, many are not, but it's a fair fact to point out. They're spending their money, true, but I gave it to them. Sometimes unions take money given to them by their members and do illegal things with them. Most of the time they don't, to be fair. But when they do, i'm not of the opinion that it doesn't matter because I got mine. It matters. It matters to me that money I spend at the gas pump might support terrorism, and i'll choose not to spend my money in that manner if I can knowing that fact.

Alway good to hear from you sir!
Good to see you paticipating. Long time no see!

The only thing, it seems to me, in this case... the one cited by young Train, the Chicago sittuation, the actual victim of ebezzlement is/was the international, at the hands of the local. Is that not why Hoffa had to clean house?

Last edited:
What is ROI?? You don't see our biggest competitor spending the same on advertising. UPS

Seems UPS spends plenty......if this article is accurate, they have spent 80-100 million the last 4 years in college football......

www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/08/29/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/UPS-NCAA-Football.aspx

This one actually shows UPS spent more than fedex for b2b advertising in that particular year.....

www.hanoverresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/B2B-Marketing-Top-Spenders-Membership.pdf

Good to see you paticipating. Long time no see!

The only thing, it seems to me, in this case... the one cited by young Train, the Chicago sittuation, the actual victim of ebezzlement is/was the international, at the hands of the local. Is that not why Hoffa had to clean house?
I'm not sure that the investigation indicated where the embezzled money was supposed to be going to. However, let there be no doubt where that money came from.

Many of these "removals" are political in nature also. If a local leader is seen as a threat to the General President, they look into their finances as deep as they have to to justify a political coup. Remember that many of these local leaders are not necessarily business savvy, and they sometimes keep terrible books. The one at 710 looks like embezzlement though this time.

No debate that I see, hell I possibly might agree with his evaluation if he actually had a seemingly rational one that didn't appear to be based solely on his aversion to money going somewhere other than his pocket......

What are u driver road or city what terminal you out of just curious you have an awful lot of time during the day for the internet.

Seems UPS spends plenty......if this article is accurate, they have spent 80-100 million the last 4 years in college football......

www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/08/29/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/UPS-NCAA-Football.aspx

This one actually shows UPS spent more than fedex for b2b advertising in that particular year.....

www.hanoverresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/B2B-Marketing-Top-Spenders-Membership.pdf

Responding to your first link we spend more than that just on fed ex cup it's 44 million a year http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/sports/golf/27fedex.html
Your second link doesn't work when you fix it i will respond.

What are u driver road or city what terminal you out of just curious you have an awful lot of time during the day for the internet.

Recently upgraded to a semi-intelligent phone (phone probably pretty smart, operator questionable)........posts on this site keep sending me email and it makes racket till I look at it. Google works good though, as you suggested....

Recently upgraded to a semi-intelligent phone (phone probably pretty smart, operator questionable)........posts on this site keep sending me email and it makes racket till I look at it. Google works good though, as you suggested....

That only answered one of my 3 questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.