FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But aren't you assuming that you can't get fired from a union shop by making such a statement?? There's backroom deals cut almost everyday between management and the union, the union will gladly sacrifice two senior employees in exchange for 5 newbies, it's a win/win for both sides...the company gets 5 warm bodies for the same total compensation as the previous two and the union gets 3 more dues paying members!!
You're not as "protected" as you think!!

More bs rumors you can't prove. Don't spread lies it's pathetic and your side has to do these sort of things to try and scare people.

More bs rumors you can't prove. Don't spread lies it's pathetic and your side has to do these sort of things to try and scare people.
Have you ever been in management at a union company?? Do you know anybody that is/has?? I suggest you start asking questions to those in the know...and I don't mean the union either, surely you don't expect the union to tell you this, do you??

Have you ever been in management at a union company?? Do you know anybody that is/has?? I suggest you start asking questions to those in the know...and I don't mean the union either, surely you don't expect the union to tell you this, do you??
Now Red you seem to be in the know on everything the Teamsters do. So answer me this who in management has the authority to make these back room deals ?
Please walk us through the whole termination process.

Nope and neither have you i assume. It's just a tall tail from your extended family, if you can't prove it to be true.

Now Red you seem to be in the know on everything the Teamsters do. So answer me this who in management has the authority to make these back room deals ?
My guess would be HR, I personally have never been in management but I will ask and get back to you with that info.

https://uniondemocracy.org/aud-files-amicus-brief-in-nlrb-deferral-case/

These grievance committees, most common in the trucking industry, are notoriously susceptible to “horse-trading” grievances instead of deciding each one on its merits, and to the political manipulation of the process to make sure “troublemakers” who have been fired stay fired, so they can no longer be thorns in the sides of either their employer or the union officials who are supposed to be representing them.

https://uniondemocracy.org/aud-files-amicus-brief-in-nlrb-deferral-case/

These grievance committees, most common in the trucking industry, are notoriously susceptible to “horse-trading” grievances instead of deciding each one on its merits, and to the political manipulation of the process to make sure “troublemakers” who have been fired stay fired, so they can no longer be thorns in the sides of either their employer or the union officials who are supposed to be representing them.
Thats some fancy reading their. Just a small bit of information Babcock and Wilcox are not a trucking company and do not have anything to do with Freight.

Thats some fancy reading their. Just a small bit of information Babcock and Wilcox are not a trucking company and do not have anything to do with Freight.

I suppose the commentary about the practice being most common in the trucking industry must have been referring to the UAW manufacturing trucks? I suppose it could have been a typo and they we're referring to the world's oldest profession? Maybe trucking really does have nothing to do with freight.......

Please show me where I said my family members were involved with freight/trucking companies. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I said "union companies", however, I'm sure the same process happens in the trucking/freight industry as well.

My guess would be HR, I personally have never been in management but I will ask and get back to you with that info.

Man I feel a good story coming. Is this story going to be anything like the one you told about your friend being a manager at an over the road outfit and that any of us wouldn't qualify for a job there because we haven't drove a sleeper truck? :lmao::popcorn:

Man I feel a good story coming. Is this story going to be anything like the one you told about your friend being a manager at an over the road outfit and that any of us wouldn't qualify for a job there because we haven't drove a sleeper truck?
AFlifer did a good enough job at explaining the process, I'm sure I'll be told something similar to that process.
That was before the driver shortage and there are still companies that require experience in a sleeper...perhaps you should apply at a union truckload company, I'm sure they'd love to have you!!

That was before the driver shortage and there are still companies that require experience in a sleeper...perhaps you should apply at a union truckload company, I'm sure they'd love to have you!!

Lmao not true most will take drivers straight out of truck driving school with zero experience. Come on red tell us another big one your do for a good story. Your more than welcome to post any of those companies you speak of.

UMP that line also fits over in the we don't talk about stuff like that here forum.
Head in the sand or up the B-hind not sure which ......Growing pains ....
Gotcha... But I was more referring to his temper tantrum when he gets done to him what he did more then once to me. He just takes his ball and goes home. Typical class bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.