FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe this Dick Dastardly fellow went through a hard time after losing his job and having his core beliefs blown up in his face. Maybe after having been made a fool of by the teamsters and doing some serious soul-searching he now realizes he made some serious errors in his life and probably said quite a few things he regrets to some people. Maybe he's finally rebounding and finally able to land a decent job again and right some wrongs.

The most important thing in this is that he learned from his mistakes. I'm also sure that poor fellow would want to extend out apologies to anyone he may have offended in the past when he went through a dark time in his life.
I'm a forgive and forget kinda guy and I'm all for giving people second chances but some things are hard to forget. You see, when that fellow was going through those dark times, "some of us" tried to show him the light and help him to see the error in his ways but he blew us off and hitched his wagon to the wrong horse...(pun intended). Now that that horse has bucked the poor fellow, that same horse has stuck his nose in our barn and most of us don't like it, while that fellow has moved on to "greener pastures".
If that fellow truly meant what he was saying and has learned from his mistakes, he would use his contacts to help kick the horse from our barn just like he opened the door and let the horse in....otherwise, "some" believe he's just blowing smoke....just sayin'!!

It's in this thread! You go look threw all these pages. Thats why I have a ? on the end. Thought it was him but not for sure.
Hmmmm, I remember the debate vividly I don't recall anyone ever saying why he was fired...did Hooty Hoffa Jr somebody provide you with that personal info???
Interesting!!!

Hmmmm, I remember the debate vividly I don't recall anyone ever saying why he was fired...did Hooty Hoffa Jr somebody provide you with that personal info???
Interesting!!!
Spin it how you like it liar! I don't have to come out here and spin my stories or put words in anyone's mouth like you do all the time.

Interesting!!!

No, it's just the wolves again. I'll publicly offer my assistance to you here to rid your center of the problem I helped create.

Interesting!!!

How quickly we forget...

Here's the story:

I was accused by FedEx of forging a customers name on a delivery receipt. It was a trumped up charge plain and simple. I denied doing it and requested my Weingarten rights. Two days later security had me in the office upstairs. I then requested my weingarten rights again. They were of course denied and my job threatened multiple times. I was told the only way to save my job was sign a confession and I relented. I did what I thought I had to do at the time to save my job. I have a child and a wife who's a stay at home Mom. I did what I thought was my best option to save my job. I was put through a police style interrogation by the former officer turned security. I was under a lot of stress and pressure in that room.I see after how the Local handled it, it was still probably my best option. The Local knows I have a child. The Local President has enjoyed several photops with him. If they couldn't help then why did the NLRB find merit to my case?

For those following from home, disregard Redracer's statement and read for yourself.
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/my-experience-with-teamsters-local-71.72694/

How quickly we forget...

For those following from home, disregard Redracer's statement and read for yourself.
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/my-experience-with-teamsters-local-71.72694/

Swamp, why don't you "get off the fence" and choose a side instead of sitting back and watching others go down in flames to get you better? You know the union itself isn't as good as the threat so you're reaping the rewards of those going down the path of destruction. That's pretty damn selfish.

You see, when that fellow was going through those dark times, "some of us" tried to show him the light and help him to see the error in his ways but he blew us off and hitched his wagon to the wrong horse..

Maybe he knew you were right. Maybe he was in to deep to turn back or too prideful to turn and go in the other direction and be ridiculed for not standing by his fellow pro people and labeled a "flip flopper" that no one could trust. Maybe he felt isolated.

Great find! I was hoping I wasn't going nuts! LOL

Everything written there is true. That is how your beloved Teamsters treat people.

Let's say someone did get themselves fired. You don't believe they (the Teamsters) have an obligation to help that person organizing on their behalf to find gainful employment? Hell, let them paint the hall, or cut the grass even. Anything to help the man out.

Maybe the company would have given this said person a second chance had they not been organizing on their behalf.

Everything written there is true. That is how your beloved Teamsters treat people.

Let's say someone did get themselves fired. You don't believe they (the Teamsters) have an obligation to help that person organizing on their behalf to find gainful employment? Hell, let them paint the hall, or cut the grass even. Anything to help the man out.

Maybe the company would have given this said person a second chance had they not been organizing on their behalf.
He committed fraud and signed an admission of guilt. How do you protect that? I wouldn't stand behind a murderer or a thief either. But I guess that's wrong to have morals? Your not very good at making points to support your cause. No one stopped him from applying at other union jobs either. You can't force him to go to work somewhere.

Swamp, why don't you "get off the fence" and choose a side instead of sitting back and watching others go down in flames to get you better? You know the union itself isn't as good as the threat so you're reaping the rewards of those going down the path of destruction. That's pretty damn selfish.
The Fence? Never been there.

Ya know what? I supported Dick Dastardly. I still support the effort. I did what I could, but I stopped short of begging. (EDIT: The fight continues with the tools we have, not the ones we wish we had.) At some point we have to respect the opinions of those not willing to go there...

If that makes me selfish, I've got nothing else to say to ya, "brother".

Last edited:
Maybe dick dastardly shouldn't falsify legal documents,then he wouldn't have been fired. Union had nothing to save him with. He forged signatures on delivery receipts if I remember correctly?

Exactly not much you can do to help him but ol Red can spin it any way he likes. He is the spin master.

He committed fraud and signed an admission of guilt. How do you protect that? I wouldn't stand behind a murderer or a thief either. But I guess that's wrong to have morals? Your not very good at making points to support your cause. No one stopped him from applying at other union jobs either. You can't force him to go to work somewhere.

4dpNGNw.jpg

Usual drone that knows nothing about what he is talking about. Condescending attitude just because I'm a union driver/ supporter and I don't have to lie and twist my statements. You have no point so no need for pictures. By the way, you suck at drawing! Lol. who has been lying the whole time sense you started this thread? Not me. Red has selective memory.

Last edited:
Lol thats funny considering you have no idea what your even talking about.

No idea huh? Well I had an idea Ken Hall had not been involved in your campaign at Local 175 after I went up there to help you out. Maybe Ken Hall woll get a clue on how to run a campaign if he expects to win people over huh?

But no, he'd rather come there and grandstand on the eve of your election knowing that visitors were coming in to help out instead of putting his nose to the grindstone and actually make an attempt to help people. If he truly believed in the crap he was selling he would have been more involved.

Edit: For those of you who don't know. Ken Hall is the President of Local 175 in West Virginia. He is also the secretary-treasurer of the International Brotherhood of teamsters

Last edited:
I hesitate to join this discussion as I don't know the whole story, but from what I have read, I can't for the life of me understand why a innocent person would ever change their story and admit that they did something they didn't do. I know that you/he said, "was trying to save my job", changing your story midstream like that just makes you look even more guilty.

I do feel for the person in question because I to have a wife who stayed home to raise our kids and I know the struggle of a single income household, but if they had stuck to their original story, regardless of whether it was the truth or not, they would have more of a case for wrongful termination. The minute they changed their story the outcome on whether they keep their job is decided.

Changing your story actually leaves the company no choice but to dismiss you.

I'm not going to comment on what the local did or didn't do, because as I stated at the beginning, I don't know the complete story, and only the people involved do.

IMO people should be held accountable for their actions, sadly in today's world we always want to blame someone else for what happens to us, when in reality if we took time to look back we can see where in most cases we have to accept some of the blame for what has happened.

I don't wish any ill will towards anyone on the boards, regardless of how they might feel about the union being needed or not needed at fedex. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has the right to freely exercise that right.

I remember Ken Hall specifically stating that he could not wait to sit across the table from FedEx during the negotiations. To my knowledge he has not been involved in one single negotiation to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.