FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hired over 20 city drivers in the past year at my barn. Only one has left in that time.
Maybe you should reply to the other barns on the losing drivers thread with how to do it. Seems like a better use of your time to help your own company instead of hurting ours. Just saying......

The only freight you're seeing of ours is the hand freight we quit hauling....and you guys can have it!
Afraid not. I can think of one particular account we got back from you because of how bad you hammered their freight. 15-25 bills per day to one of their plants that is 3 miles from a fedex terminal and over 50 from mine. Its there next day by noon damage free.

Maybe you should reply to the other barns on the losing drivers thread with how to do it. Seems like a better use of your time to help your own company instead of hurting ours. Just saying......
How do I hurt yours? I just expose yours and your lapdog redracer's lies.

Still waiting on you to produce the "lies" we've been spreading...all I see is from you is continuous personal attacks, which is usually the case when one doesn't have an answer.
Guess I'll just continue to wait!

Afraid not. I can think of one particular account we got back from you because of how bad you hammered their freight. 15-25 bills per day to one of their plants that is 3 miles from a fedex terminal and over 50 from mine. Its there next day by noon damage free.
Can you name this company and location so we can double check with our list of customers to expose yet another one of your untruths?

Is it a lie about the union paycuts? Is it a lie that YRC has been on the very edge of bankruptcy for years and is still losing money? Is it a lie that the teamsters have a well documented history of violence and corruption? Is it a lie that the U.S. government had to step in and be a watchdog to the teamsters because of all of the violence and corruption? By the way Mr. Hoffa is trying to have that lifted, but so far still in effect. Is it a lie about many of the union pensions being in serious trouble, with a very real chance at having retiree benefits cut to the bone? Please tell me what lies you are speaking of. You cannot refute any of this.

Can you name this company and location so we can double check with our list of customers to expose yet another one of your untruths?
I'm not naming customers on a forum nor would you. perhaps you can refresh my memory of all these untruths of mine that you have exposed. I dont seem to recall any. And who is "we"? Is hammer sitting on your lap or the other way around?

I'm not naming customers on a forum nor would you. perhaps you can refresh my memory of all these untruths of mine that you have exposed. I dont seem to recall any. And who is "we"? Is hammer sitting on your lap or the other way around?
From the look of your avatar I'm not surprised at your thinking.

Is it a lie about the union paycuts? Is it a lie that YRC has been on the very edge of bankruptcy for years and is still losing money? Is it a lie that the teamsters have a well documented history of violence and corruption? Is it a lie that the U.S. government had to step in and be a watchdog to the teamsters because of all of the violence and corruption? By the way Mr. Hoffa is trying to have that lifted, but so far still in effect. Is it a lie about many of the union pensions being in serious trouble, with a very real chance at having retiree benefits cut to the bone? Please tell me what lies you are speaking of. You cannot refute any of this.

I never denied the paycuts. Like I said they are needed to bring us down to your level. Yrc's money problems are the sole responsibility of William Zollars. The history of union violence is known as is company's history of violence against workers. Corruption is found in any organization, its a bad trait of human nature. Yes some of the pensions are in trouble and in danger of facing some cuts. Even with those cuts the pension pays better benefits than what you have according to what is being posted on your board.

I never denied the paycuts. Like I said they are needed to bring us down to your level. Yrc's money problems are the sole responsibility of William Zollars. The history of union violence is known as is company's history of violence against workers. Corruption is found in any organization, its a bad trait of human nature. Yes some of the pensions are in trouble and in danger of facing some cuts. Even with those cuts the pension pays better benefits than what you have according to what is being posted on your board.

Case and point about the violence and its happening currently not the old days.

It's like that with any owner operator that is leased to a company. The company maintains the operating authority. With that, they must maintain liability insurance.

I would gladly name a customer on this forum, company "names" aren't in violation that I know of, maybe I'm wrong.
For starters, your comment about more non-union LTL companies than union LTL companies closing since deregulation.
The link you posted referred to truckload carriers, not LTL. Maybe you should've read the article first.
The list I posted, albeit only through 2004, shows a major majority of LTL companies that have closed the doors since deregulation are in FACT union companies.
I see your still resorting to personal attacks when you have no rebuttal.

It's like that with any owner operator that is leased to a company. The company maintains the operating authority. With that, they must maintain liability insurance.
Only if you are under their load! No load, and you have to carry your own insurance.

Only if you are under their load! No load, and you have to carry your own insurance.
Wrong, sort of. Contractors are required to carry bobtail liability insurance for when they operate without trailers, for personal use. If they are under dispatch, whether pulling trailers or not, FedEx's liability insurance covers them. The trailers do not have to be loaded. Regardless, in the eyes of the law, if a contractor is flying the company signs, FedEx is still liable for any damage or injury the driver might cause.

Is anyone paying attention to your W-2 forms? Specifically, box 12b, and the entry under code DD: Cost of employer sponsored health coverage.

Mine shows $12,683.16. This is well below the threshold for penalties, of $27,500. So. it seems, we've been cut far more than necessary.

Questions: Where did the cost "savings" go? Did it go into another area of our compensation? Or was is a concession, disguised as Government mandated compliance? Just questions... :smilie93c peelout:

Status
Not open for further replies.