The vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual contracts

If it is a fact that philly is being closed down it just proves how ms has the iam in his back pocket...for each terminal to negotiate seperately just shows their is no unity....i said before and i will say again it was all part of the plan to cut back...and this gives him an excuse and also shows the lame representation the workers have

First off, each terminal has a individual contract, so you have to vote by individual terminals. Second, it was done by mail ballot instead of personal box ballot at each term, for mere fact if the first Terminal turned it down, word would spread to the next terminal like wild fire, and they would turn it down also, because they would say, why should I give back when xyz terminal is not. Third, the I.A.M. is no ones pocket, You had to be their in Maryland, to see how the Union told them NO WAY, you better go home if that's what you want, for the cutbacks they put on the table. Ask your Steward who Attended. Fourth, I do not know what Term you are from, but I can speak for the majority of the Terminals, that there is Great representation here, starts with the Steward, and progresses with the Grievance steps. Maybe it's just you, that you wine, and complain all the time, and post negative things about the Company, and the Union.

First off, each terminal has a individual contract, so you have to vote by individual terminals. Second, it was done by mail ballot instead of personal box ballot at each term, for mere fact if the first Terminal turned it down, word would spread to the next terminal like wild fire, and they would turn it down also, because they would say, why should I give back when xyz terminal is not. Third, the I.A.M. is no ones pocket, You had to be their in Maryland, to see how the Union told them NO WAY, you better go home if that's what you want, for the cutbacks they put on the table. Ask your Steward who Attended. Fourth, I do not know what Term you are from, but I can speak for the majority of the Terminals, that there is Great representation here, starts with the Steward, and progresses with the Grievance steps. Maybe it's just you, that you wine, and complain all the time, and post negative things about the Company, and the Union.

Why do you sound smug about this whole scenario? It seems that you come on here pointing your finger and saying I told you so. The Philly guys took a risk and it appears that they lost. It is an unfortunate situation for them, but also a commendable show of bravery!

If you would have been alive 233 years ago, you would have been considered a "Loyalist" and the D of I would not have had a "Steve Mad" anywhere near the "John Hancock"!

Not hating, just saying......

I noticed you told him to ask his union steward, he can't. He's another one that doesn't work here but keeps hanging around. There are several on here. I don't know why they are so fascinated with our companies politics.

Sorry buddy, just human nature to ogle a train wreck. I'll try to stay away till Steve Mad's big October announcements.......

You have it all WRONG. You should read it carefully

Why do you sound smug about this whole scenario? It seems that you come on here pointing your finger and saying I told you so. The Philly guys took a risk and it appears that they lost. It is an unfortunate situation for them, but also a commendable show of bravery!

If you would have been alive 233 years ago, you would have been considered a "Loyalist" and the D of I would not have had a "Steve Mad" anywhere near the "John Hancock"!

Not hating, just saying......

STEELMILLER, I do not know how you interpreted my post, but you have it all WRONG. You should read it carefully before making a statement like that. I have been Union for 31 years, and I will DIE UNION. Even if a Union worker is a 100% at fault, I still defend that Union worker as he is 100% innocent to the best of my ability. This post was for the comment made from one of our Union Brothers ( I thought was) ,imovaherenow, he stated the iam in his back pocket, and the lame representation the workers have. And no where in my post do I talk about the Philly workers, or what they should do, not, etc. And it turns out that this guy does not even work for NEMF, Just a trouble maker getting YOU all upset, and in any case since you were sticking up for him, I guess that you feel the same way he does, about representation, and having the Union in his back pocket?
I do not commend, or put down the Philly workers on their vote decision. We are all grown people, that is their choice, we all make choices in life, we all gamble some times.There is no right, or wrong here, it is a matter of individual choice, and who you believe.

STEELMILLER, I do not know how you interpreted my post, but you have it all WRONG. You should read it carefully before making a statement like that. I have been Union for 31 years, and I will DIE UNION. Even if a Union worker is a 100% at fault, I still defend that Union worker as he is 100% innocent to the best of my ability. This post was for the comment made from one of our Union Brothers ( I thought was) ,imovaherenow, he stated the iam in his back pocket, and the lame representation the workers have. And no where in my post do I talk about the Philly workers, or what they should do, not, etc. And it turns out that this guy does not even work for NEMF, Just a trouble maker getting YOU all upset, and in any case since you were sticking up for him, I guess that you feel the same way he does, about representation, and having the Union in his back pocket?
I do not commend, or put down the Philly workers on their vote decision. We are all grown people, that is their choice, we all make choices in life, we all gamble some times.There is no right, or wrong here, it is a matter of individual choice, and who you believe.

And Lets Hope That This Can All Be Corrected, With Philly Term.

imovaherenow, HE IS JUST A PIE HOLE!

Sorry buddy, just human nature to ogle a train wreck. I'll try to stay away till Steve Mad's big October announcements.......
This is one of his Threads he started.
Nemf now its ur turn
imovaherenow
Seems like he did work for NEMF, and was probably terminated. He shows a lot of posts on YRC, he more than likely works for them now, and is jealous of everyone who did not take a hit, you know that misery loves company. HE IS JUST A PIE HOLE!

I just do not understand it, maybe I do, it is a forum

Steve, steelmiller doesn't work for NEMF either. A break room hero from another companies break room, now that's courage.

I just do not understand it, maybe I do, it is a forum.
But these guy's make comments as if they work with us. We need to get our own forum just for NEMF Union workers, with some kind of security to prevent others from using the site. I will try, and talk to our force to see if we can get one started. Any one know how to start one up ?, PM me.

And to top it off some of these guy's are Teamsters

I just do not understand it, maybe I do, it is a forum.
But these guy's make comments as if they work with us. We need to get our own forum just for NEMF Union workers, with some kind of security to prevent others from using the site. I will try, and talk to our force to see if we can get one started. Any one know how to start one up ?, PM me.

And to top it off some of these guy's are Teamsters, with all of us being Union we should be helping one another out, and be more up front, without hiding behind a PC.

If you do not work for NEMF, why do you care

This is one of his Threads he started.
Nemf now its ur turn
imovaherenow
Seems like he did work for NEMF, and was probably terminated. He shows a lot of posts on YRC, he more than likely works for them now, and is jealous of everyone who did not take a hit, you know that misery loves company. HE IS JUST A PIE HOLE!

Steelmiller, If you do not work for NEMF, why do you care about my announcement, and why are you so into NEMF, I have seen you post before in the past, and I thought you worked for NEMF. What gives with all your posts on here pal ?
Help me understand what kind of person you are.

He used to work for NEMF, out of Pitt I think. He's at FedEx national ltl now iirc. I personally think it's a sign of real mental issues to obsess over the goings on at a former employer. Let it go, move on and concern yourself with what matters to you, your current job! I've worked for one other ltl carrier, a logistics company, a truckload company and a parcel company. Don't know what's going on at those places, and don't care.

He used to work for NEMF, out of Pitt I think. He's at FedEx national ltl now iirc. I personally think it's a sign of real mental issues to obsess over the goings on at a former employer. Let it go, move on and concern yourself with what matters to you, your current job! I've worked for one other ltl carrier, a logistics company, a truckload company and a parcel company. Don't know what's going on at those places, and don't care.

I 2nd this motion. Our future is the survival of NEMF.

And to top it off some of these guy's are Teamsters, with all of us being Union we should be helping one another out, and be more up front, without hiding behind a PC.

Although I do agree that ALL unions should work together,just maybe some of the guys from YRC companies didn't like the BS some of your guys were spreading about us closing..So I guess it works both ways.I know quite a few of your guys in the Montgomery term and it has been said more than once the union is in NEMF's pocket,so a lot of this is coming from within your own company..When we were threatened with a shutdown of Newpenn forcing a second vote,there were only a few fellow YRC teamsters that actually said they would refuse to handle any of Newpenns freight...Unfortunately,in today 's economy.management is in the drivers seat and they know it...The only ones that are coming out ahead are the shippers who are receiving the huge discounts and it will be hard for them to give them up..Hopefully in the future all unions will start working together the way it was years ago and we all can go back to earning decent wages for a decent living..good luck to all:shift:

Although I do agree that ALL unions should work together,just maybe some of the guys from YRC companies didn't like the BS some of your guys were spreading about us closing..So I guess it works both ways.I know quite a few of your guys in the Montgomery term and it has been said more than once the union is in NEMF's pocket,so a lot of this is coming from within your own company..When we were threatened with a shutdown of Newpenn forcing a second vote,there were only a few fellow YRC teamsters that actually said they would refuse to handle any of Newpenns freight...Unfortunately,in today 's economy.management is in the drivers seat and they know it...The only ones that are coming out ahead are the shippers who are receiving the huge discounts and it will be hard for them to give them up..Hopefully in the future all unions will start working together the way it was years ago and we all can go back to earning decent wages for a decent living..good luck to all:shift:

First, if you think NEMF drivers are the only ones predicting a YRC demise, get real. The real question is, who isn't.

Secondly, who cares. You can't change what people say, so why worry about it. No wonder us truck drivers have heart problems, everyone wants to worry about stuff they have no control over.

If everyone would just take care of their personal business and do what they can, the stress level in this industry would go down drastically.

We need to try keeping our Union's memberships up there, and to organize non-Union sh

First, if you think NEMF drivers are the only ones predicting a YRC demise, get real. The real question is, who isn't.

Secondly, who cares. You can't change what people say, so why worry about it. No wonder us truck drivers have heart problems, everyone wants to worry about stuff they have no control over.

If everyone would just take care of their personal business and do what they can, the stress level in this industry would go down drastically.

We need to try keeping our Union's memberships up there, and to organize non-Union shops. With out the Unions, these employers can walk all over us when ever they feel like. I personally have a steak in YRC, because I have 22 years vested in the Teamsters Master freight, if they go under, my pension goes under. I still have lot's of friends who work for YRC,and ABF, and know most of the older drivers in NY, I worked at McLean, and Carolina, plus 22 others back in the day out of the 707 shape hall. They should bring back regulation, then the carriers would be picked by shippers for on time quality service, and being claim free.

But still very strange

Wow, but still very strange, he has a pic of a NEMF Tractor Trailer as his avatar next to his log on name

Check my profile, my place of employment is clearly stated.....

But really fellas, a forum is like channel 19. If you want to chit chat about personal or company business there, other people will chime in! Why wouldn't someone chat about a a job they worked at 4X longer than their current one.

If you don't like my opinions, dispute them. If I'm lying or being malicious, use the forums moderators to have me banned or disciplined.

If you do read my posts, you will see that I don't resort to personal attacks, like hometowndummy did against me, to get my point across.

This site is for ENTERTAINMENT! The world is changing guys, not all situations can be controlled with intimidation and harassment. Today, everyone has a voice. Sorry if some here don't like the sound of mine.

You are all welcome to come over the the FedEx side if you want to. You must, however, leave the Union discussion at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.