FedEx Freight | The whatsthedelaysir? Thread

That's not true and neither is super seniority. When I was steward I paid dues and kept my seniority at yellow. Ups freight same story.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

I know we do not have any of this super seniority for stewards but we do have shop stewards that do not pay union dues. Maybe this is different at certain locals. I have turned down this position many times at UPSF.

these threads are a nice break from the anti union misinformed that are piercing holes in my brain with their ignorance. smile :)

You are a Watkins fool wait till you fail

Watkins had problems but they did enough for you that you actually liked coming to work.

I'd rather be a Watkins fool than a tattle tale/playing both sides of the fence/substance abuser. Lol...you need to lay off whatever vice you have after your route and abstain from posting afterwards if you don't lay off whatever vice has your head and emotions clouded.

You guys are going to spend recess in the principal's office if you aren't careful.
And he will be really pissed because he will miss his smoke break.

Been there, done that.

I'm not sure if all are the same but on previous job's the stewart didn't pay dues and also becomes senior man seniority status.....
N
But if the company can influence the rank and file into electing a steward that is all ready in their hip pocket they would love nothing more.
absolutely correct...it's called ( super seniority)( was at the last teamster job I had )...and on the other note...correct again...they try and get one of the, as I call them> Window hangers or Brownie boi's. So if this goes thru look around and see whoms leanin in that dispatch window giving the daily news to the REDSHIRTS....or who's in the office area smoozin the REDSHIRTS....We all have them and know them ...the ones whom at the fuel isle talk crap...then when it comes time in a meeting to speak up...pucker their lips so tight to kiss the REDSHIRTS butt that they dam near suck the air from the room.:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely correct...it's called ( super seniority)( was at the last teamster job I had )...and on the other note...correct again...they try and get one of the, as I call them> Window hangers or Brownie boi's. So if this goes thru look around and see whoms leanin in that dispatch window giving the daily news to the REDSHIRTS....or who's in the office area smoozin the REDSHIRTS....We all have them and know them ...the ones whom at the fuel isle talk crap...then when it comes time in a meeting to speak up...pucker their lips so tight to kiss the REDSHIRTS butt that they dam near suck the air from the room.:1036316054:

With all do respect Critter... Where did u work before I never seen a union steward have so called super seniority. Don't the guys vote on who they want as stewards?

With all do respect Critter... Where did u work before I never seen a union steward have so called super seniority. Don't the guys vote on who they want as stewards?

was local 92 Canton / Akron area...steelhaulers...that was some.......16 years ago...and I didn't take it a disrespectful. No harm No foul....

They dont have super seniority. In a lot of contracts the senior most steward is immune to a layoff. This prevents the company of ridding itself of the stewards by way of layoff.

They dont have super seniority. In a lot of contracts the senior most steward is immune to a layoff. This prevents the company of ridding itself of the stewards by way of layoff.

That makes sense. Is that the only benefit to accepting the position of steward? Is all time spent performing steward duties, compensated?