Yellow | The writing is on the wall

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
So we now have a new company president Darren Hawkins that came from Conway (non-union) to be the president of YRC Freight a union company. As broke as this company claims to be the top brass still manages to rake in millions of dollars in cash and stock options. The IBT which is suppose to look out for our best interest continues to give YRC everything they ask for plus a little extra. While we continue to give up 15% of our wages and 75% of our pension. I'm not a math genius but I'm pretty good with numbers to know that nothing from nothing leaves nothing. The top executives are only concerned with lining their own pockets & paying down the so called debt is NOT priority right now & it was never a priority from day one. As long as the union members are divided we will never regain what we lost. Good drivers aint cheap and Cheap drivers aint good. Just my 2 cents but if anything I have said has offended anyone I apologize in advance.

So we now have a new company president Darren Hawkins that came from Conway (non-union) to be the president of YRC Freight a union company. As broke as this company claims to be the top brass still manages to rake in millions of dollars in cash and stock options. The IBT which is suppose to look out for our best interest continues to give YRC everything they ask for plus a little extra. While we continue to give up 15% of our wages and 75% of our pension. I'm not a math genius but I'm pretty good with numbers to know that nothing from nothing leaves nothing. The top executives are only concerned with lining their own pockets & paying down the so called debt is NOT priority right now & it was never a priority from day one. As long as the union members are divided we will never regain what we lost. Good drivers aint cheap and Cheap drivers aint good. Just my 2 cents but if anything I have said has offended anyone I apologize in advance.
Whatever happens to YRC at this point it will be seen the employees fault, if more givebacks are needed in the future & are voted down they will blame the greedy teamsters as the reason for whatever might happen....

If management were to use the money to pay down the debt, what reason would the company have to keep coming back for more and more concessions. This company will always have a huge debt. That is their number 1 bargaining tool. YRC would rather use their money to pay interest on the debt than use it to pay employee wages and pension.

Yea. You shouldn't appologize for telling the truth,or worry about offending
The bootlickers among us.

Yea. You shouldn't appologize for telling the truth,or worry about offending
The bootlickers among us.

I think I saw where the yes votes outnumbered the no votes. So that must mean the no voters are right and the yes voters are always wrong?

Not to forget, Hawkins had over 18 years with Yellow before Conway.

If management were to use the money to pay down the debt, what reason would the company have to keep coming back for more and more concessions. This company will always have a huge debt. That is their number 1 bargaining tool. YRC would rather use their money to pay interest on the debt than use it to pay employee wages and pension.

The last sentence of your post is troubling. It appears that you believe YRCW "chooses" to pay their debt instead of their employees. Union and non-union alike. The very premise is absurd. If YRCW does not service their debt, there will be NO company and therefore NO EMPLOYEES.

and no bonus's either lets not forget whats important

Last edited by a moderator:
agree 100% its all about lining their pockets & taking the money & run !!!!! paying down DEBT is the last thing on their greedy mind !!

I think I saw where the yes votes outnumbered the no votes. So that must mean the no voters are right and the yes voters are always wrong?
which vote would that be? As a matter of fact the yes voters did outnumber the no votes on the real ballot until bootlickers like yourself crawled to the management and demanded a revote because your ball less.

Still a lot of time left to turn the big ship towards the right direction, ima look at it quarter by quarter, year by year even to determine progress for myself as opposed to day by day, 5 years is a long time away to do a daily grind waiting for the moment to post a yay or nay ballot, more than anything I just hope we united when the time come like 90% either way

The last sentence of your post is troubling. It appears that you believe YRCW "chooses" to pay their debt instead of their employees. Union and non-union alike. The very premise is absurd. If YRCW does not service their debt, there will be NO company and therefore NO EMPLOYEES.
Your right they didn't service their debt because they spent on themselves and using morons to make stupid choices. They now convince you and others like you to pull their fat out of the fire with scare tactics and threats and you vote out of fear and agree. And the first thing they do is lower rates even more and give bonus's to their fatcat buddies. How is this servicing the debt?

Still a lot of time left to turn the big ship towards the right direction, ima look at it quarter by quarter, year by year even to determine progress for myself as opposed to day by day, 5 years is a long time away to do a daily grind waiting for the moment to post a yay or nay ballot, more than anything I just hope we united when the time come like 90% either way
Staying positive is a good thing but for how long? Big bonuses handed out after more concessions from its union workforce & no new equipment for YRC freight was bought in years, something has to give in the near future....

Your right they didn't service their debt because they spent on themselves and using morons to make stupid choices. They now convince you and others like you to pull their fat out of the fire with scare tactics and threats and you vote out of fear and agree. And the first thing they do is lower rates even more and give bonus's to their fatcat buddies. How is this servicing the debt?

The ethical and moral implications of senior management's actions are questionable at best. Are you familiar with the phrase "reasonable and customary"? To us the bonuses seem excessive, but not to them. Regardless of your views, the debt HAS and will continue to be serviced.
Why do so many feel that a yes vote was out of fear? Perhaps the no vote was out of anger and NOT reality. Do you understand the concept of pragmatism?

The ethical and moral implications of senior management's actions are questionable at best. Are you familiar with the phrase "reasonable and customary"? To us the bonuses seem excessive, but not to them. Regardless of your views, the debt HAS and will continue to be serviced. Why do so many feel that a yes vote was out of fear? Perhaps the no vote was out of anger and NOT reality. Do you understand the concept of pragmatism?

When so many voted "YES" because they were afraid that YRCW was going to close the doors,I would assume that for many,yes.it was out of fear..The fear of losing their job..The fear of having to go to another company and start all over.The fear of losing one's health insurance.. I have read many a post where the YES voter has admitted if he could vote again he would vote NO.. So yes.. I believe FEAR played a big factor in their decisions.