Holland | This equipment is just horrible and getting worse

WE6L1vB.jpg

Nxgm5zJ.jpg

WE6L1vB.jpg

Nxgm5zJ.jpg

I think it can hold one more shipment...

It's pics of a set that came into the yard from a line haul accident.. I tried to get more of the pics to load ... They will have to get out the real big roll of Duct tape to get this back on the road.. the other side is compleatly ripped open and the tractor will head to scrap

on another note we had a guy have one of those yellow 48 series buckle in the middle not long ago..

Scrap, i.e. the tractor ready line?

after the 3rd time of writing up the same issue I started to # them . when it got up to say around 7or8 I'd be asked what's with the #? i'd tell them that's how many times I've written it up. you watch how fast it got fixed, its a matter of record for if or when they get a dot audit or if involved in an accident

after the 3rd time of writing up the same issue I started to # them . when it got up to say around 7or8 I'd be asked what's with the #? i'd tell them that's how many times I've written it up. you watch how fast it got fixed, its a matter of record for if or when they get a dot audit or if involved in an accident
Team BRG-Wong did that too. But Donna and I would play tic-tag-toe on them....

There are 3 new 2018 model trailers sitting by the shop in Atlanta, but a mechanic said 2 have internal wiring issues. Haven't even been put into service yet. :clapping:

LSQxvVk.jpg

JsZH424.jpg

There are some line haul guys on here that have a decent truck, so I guess that it's "eff" everyone else that does drive the junk around, like the city drivers do. "I've got mine, so eff everyone else". Sounds like some true brotherhood there.

There are some line haul guys on here that have a decent truck, so I guess that it's "eff" everyone else that does drive the junk around, like the city drivers do. "I've got mine, so eff everyone else". Sounds like some true brotherhood there.
Most of the Noob's jump into the line hauls as well. Let them drive a Sterling for 11 hrs a day , 5 days a week for years on end. Let's see how their knee's are after using that damn clutch day in day out. Let's see how long their backs old up to the constant pounding as well. Heck I drove one of those little internationals that we used to have for a number of years as well.. for that matter the sterling's were a step up as far as teeth rattling..

It's a sad state when you are pulling a 18 yr old trailer with a 17 yr old tractor pulling up next to guys with 15', 16', 17' tractors and trailers. The rust piles and oil and coolent puddles we leave behind is like marking territory.

What many of the newer guys don't get is that Holland prior to YRCW would rotate out tractors and trailers as well as maintain them well. When they were forced to push the PM schedule back as they did after 09' it has only increased the likelihood of these vehicles lifespan being reduced.

Sure Holland is slowly replacing some of the equipment, but bragging about bringing in 150 new tractors is nothing when you look at the size of the fleet and the condition of the existing rolling stock.
Moving the tanks known as the International's into the city as they are slowly doing may help some, but unlike in the old days they are not chopping the rear axles and making singles out of them. These things are already poor trucks for P&D in some of your tighter areas and the singles we currently have are getting long in the tooth. Will they purchase dedicated singles for city going forward along with all the Freight Shakers? I doubt it, and that's going to lead to a whole nother problem down the road..

Oh and count the different makes and models on your ready line. Last I counted we have 5 different makes and models in the yard, a logistics nightmare on a business sense for service.

Last edited:
I stand out front of every terminal we have in the morning waiting for a ride to the motels and watch the city guys flying out of the yard with every road drivers truck that comes in every morning. Do you have a late start time that the good stuff is all out on the road already? Next time you want to bitch about the city guys not driving any good trucks you might want to check if the other guys know what they are talking about. You are probably one of those guys that leave my tractor full of fast food wrappers and smoke cigarettes in it all day? Or are you one of those guys that write up my tractor every time I am at your terminal, like Nashville, every time I there and try and steal my tractor? The city guys bitch and bitch and bitch they have it so bad but I never see them in the yard when I pull in Sunday morning from a six or seven day week!

I'm one of the guys that not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk. I left that ::shit:: hole a long time ago, just like most of you guys always threaten to do, but never do. I didn't just run my mouth about what a ::shit:: hole it was or threaten to leave.......I actually left.

Now back the equipment.
Those city drivers with whiskers used to have assigned (junk) tractors and didn't get to drive the newer equipment. And based on what I'm reading, it's still that way.

You are probably one of those guys that leave my tractor full of fast food wrappers and smoke cigarettes in it all day?
I don't smoke and rarely eat fast food. My philosophy was always to leave the truck in at least as good of condition as I found it.
If you want to throw out false accusations, I can play that game too.
Are you one of those line haul guys that rides around with their finger in their nose all night and their pants down around their thighs so that you can scratch your nasty bag all night?

I stand out front of every terminal we have in the morning waiting for a ride to the motels and watch the city guys flying out of the yard with every road drivers truck that comes in every morning. Do you have a late start time that the good stuff is all out on the road already? Next time you want to bitch about the city guys not driving any good trucks you might want to check if the other guys know what they are talking about. You are probably one of those guys that leave my tractor full of fast food wrappers and smoke cigarettes in it all day? Or are you one of those guys that write up my tractor every time I am at your terminal, like Nashville, every time I there and try and steal my tractor? The city guys bitch and bitch and bitch they have it so bad but I never see them in the yard when I pull in Sunday morning from a six or seven day week!
Its not your tractor. When dispatch hands me the dvir book it becomes mine. So watch how you treat my tractor when you get to use it at night.

I'm one of the guys that not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk. I left that :::shit::: hole a long time ago, just like most of you guys always threaten to do, but never do. I didn't just run my mouth about what a :::shit::: hole it was or threaten to leave.......I actually left.

Now back the equipment.
Those city drivers with whiskers used to have assigned (junk) tractors and didn't get to drive the newer equipment. And based on what I'm reading, it's still that way.
I never threaten to quit, I like my job, get lost troll.

Its not your tractor. When dispatch hands me the dvir book it becomes mine. So watch how you treat my tractor when you get to use it at night.
Ask dispatch to punch that tractor number into their computer when they hand you the dvir book and tell you who it is assigned to. Let me know how that turns out when you get a chance! That dick Brett in MI is another good one for trying to steal tractors!

You sound like one of the yes voters that helped bone us out of our pensions, 15% income, and weeks vacation.
Take a bow.
:bowdown:
You don't know me and you don't even know what non YRC owned company I was a Teamster for when that vote took place. Dumb Ass!

You don't know me and you don't even know what non YRC owned company I was a Teamster for when that vote took place. Dumb Ass!
Hmmmm. Getting a little testy hey? You know nothing about me either, so don't be making your false accusations because that can go both ways.