XPO | This is how unions in the states use to operate. They all stood together

Most wealth of billionaires like Bezos is built on tax breaks and cheap labor . Does not mean they broke the law. However it does reflect upon the law being in favor of suppressing labor’s ability to affect their best interests. labor meaning Workers. Tax loopholes favor the rich.
STOP BEING IDIOTS.

Most wealth of billionaires like Bezos is built on tax breaks and cheap labor . Does not mean they broke the law. However it does reflect upon the law being in favor of suppressing labor’s ability to affect their best interests. labor meaning Workers. Tax loopholes favor the rich.
STOP BEING IDIOTS.
Which is it? Is it laws or loopholes?
Wealth is built on work and risk taking investment. If you are looking to get rich on a paycheck, you are the idiot.

Wealth is built on work and risk taking investment. If you are looking to get rich on a paycheck, you are the idiot.
Well said. And just to expand on this post a bit. Tax laws are what legislatures create to insure a revenue streams to fund government, some of those laws also incentivize investment and risk taking, others incentivize poor, working class people to remain poor. Loophole is a derogatory term used by shrewd politicians to gin up resentment from those looking to get rich on a paycheck toward risk takers and the wealthy.

how's that working out for Mr. .Musk ..... just about all his cars are being recalled and he has to deal with those pesky union people in Sweden?

Tax loopholes favor the rich.
There is an easy fix to this, but the politicians don't want to do it. Tax form would be one piece of paper. It's called the flat tax. Everyone pays the same flat percentage with no tax credits or deductions. Everyone meaning everyone that gets a paycheck, or govt check. The tax system in the USA is so unfair. The more you make the higher you tax percentage is, but if you make under a certain amount you pay no taxes.
If they did this the so-called tax loophole would be gone

Not looking to get wealthy. If I was i certainly would not be in trucking. Lol . It’s about a level playing field.

Right to work laws are diminishing the lever age that workers have. Thus increasing the wealthy’s ability to have cheap labor.

Loopholes are allowing the rich to pay zero in taxes . Their lack of tax responsibility add to their wealth.

I’m sorry didn’t realize that premise would challenge you. Hopefully you’ll understand it better. Thank God the rich have a defender such as you.

Heres to articles for you to read:

Last edited:
What law is forcing them to work at said company? Life is about choices. How rich would Bezos be if when he was building Amazon no one wanted to work for him.
Not sure I said anyone if forcing them . People do have choices. That’s why Xpo can not hire anyone.

Well said. And just to expand on this post a bit. Tax laws are what legislatures create to insure a revenue streams to fund government, some of those laws also incentivize investment and risk taking, others incentivize poor, working class people to remain poor. Loophole is a derogatory term used by shrewd politicians to gin up resentment from those looking to get rich on a paycheck toward risk takers and the wealthy.
The wealthy thank you.

Not looking to get wealthy. If I was i certainly would not be in trucking. Lol . It’s about a level playing field.

Right to work laws are diminishing the lever age that workers have. Thus increasing the wealthy’s ability to have cheap labor.

Loopholes are allowing the rich to pay zero in taxes . Their lack of tax responsibility add to their wealth.

I’m sorry didn’t realize that premise would challenge you. Hopefully you’ll understand it better. Thank God the rich have a defender such as you.
The wealthy don't need a defender. They don't need unions or tenure because they make good decisions and are constantly learning and investing based on experience. The wealthy did not have money fall from the sky, they worked hard and earned it. The 401K and IRA have made millionaires out of tens of thousands of "working" people including this retired Teamster. Do I not deserve it because I didn't punch a time clock to earn it?
Right to Work laws are the only way members have to hold their officers accountable. RTW laws do not inhibit a worker right to organize or bargain collectively. 27 states have RTW laws, including the UAW states of Michigan and Indiana.
The so called loopholes exist because the tax laws are too complicated, 75,000 pages in the federal tax code. The solution is simple, eliminate the income tax and impose a national sales tax. The wealthy will pay more because they spend more and everybody pays something, their fair share.
I understand it just fine. Your philosophy is there for all to see. The rich don't deserve it and they should be required to give it to us. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That was written by Karl Marx in 1848 in his Communist Manifesto.

Your philosophy is there for all to see. The rich don't deserve it and they should be required to give it to us. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That was written by Karl Marx in 1848 in his Communist Manifesto.
Lol. That is not my philosophy. Not even close but I understand your need to fall back to that defense and type of labeling . I think I made my point quite clear and I stand by it.

Heres to articles for you to read:

Now you're talking about corporate taxes. That is a whole new discussion. What do you think Amazon did with that $5 billion.
Suppose The United States became the only nation on the planet that did not tax corporate profits. Multinational corporations would run to our country bringing millions of jobs with them. Jobs that pay taxable wages. The money not paid in corporate taxes could be reinvested in the company. research and development of new products or new facilities. Before you start, let me address dividends. Dividends, bonuses or whatever else might go to executives and owner/shareholders are taxable. Government would have more revenue and the American economy would grow.
You do realize that the income tax amendment was passed in 1913. Do you know of a single business that operates their business based on the 1913 economy? The income tax needs to be put on history's scrap heap.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That was written by Karl Marx in 1848 in his Communist Manifesto.
Also when you throw around labels and quotes you should at least be correct in where the quote comes from. It was not a quote from the communist manifesto but a slogan popularised by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Programme. I do however understand in these days of taking sides how quickly people lean towards labeling such as “communist” .

I believe in checks and balance of power within a Capitalist system.

There is an easy fix to this, but the politicians don't want to do it. Tax form would be one piece of paper. It's called the flat tax. Everyone pays the same flat percentage with no tax credits or deductions. Everyone meaning everyone that gets a paycheck, or govt check. The tax system in the USA is so unfair. The more you make the higher you tax percentage is, but if you make under a certain amount you pay no taxes.
If they did this the so-called tax loophole would be gone
While I despise our current progressive tax rates, we do need some things to be credits or deductions.

RTW laws give power to the individual worker. If you are for workers' rights why would you be against RTW?

Also when you throw around labels and quotes you should at least be correct in where the quote comes from. It was not a quote from the communist manifesto but a slogan popularised by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Programme. I do however understand in these days of taking sides how quickly people lean towards labeling such as “communist” .

I believe in checks and balance of power within a Capitalist system.
No, you believe in collectivism. The power of the proletariat. Forced confiscation of union dues.
What are you talking about with checks and balances of power? America is a republic with checks and balances. Capitalism IS NOT a form of government.

No, you believe in collectivism. The power of the proletariat. Forced confiscation of union dues.
What are you talking about with checks and balances of power? America is a republic with checks and balances. Capitalism IS NOT a form of government.
Again broad assumptions on my beliefs. Never said capitalism is a form of government.
Im not sure why you need to put me in to category.