XPO | This is how unions in the states use to operate. They all stood together

Also when you throw around labels and quotes you should at least be correct in where the quote comes from. It was not a quote from the communist manifesto but a slogan popularised by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Programme. I do however understand in these days of taking sides how quickly people lean towards labeling such as “communist” .

I believe in checks and balance of power within a Capitalist system.
How does that work, checks and balances within a capitalist system? Is the capitalist system you're talking about the U.S. economy? What body, organization, or agency is empowered to create said checks and balances? What body, organization, or agency is empowered to moreover said checks and balances?

No, you believe in collectivism. The power of the proletariat. Forced confiscation of union dues.
What are you talking about with checks and balances of power? America is a republic with checks and balances. Capitalism IS NOT a form of government.
Yes, checks and balances, one branch of govt checking the other. The government was never intended to be a check against the people. The income tax is a check against the people and should be abolished. The fact that it took a constitutional amendment just to have an income tax speaks to the Framer's original intent when they drafted the Constitution.

RTW laws give power to the individual worker. If you are for workers' rights why would you be against RTW?
If RTW laws didn't give people the right to freeload, what you said might be true, but since you get representation for free it isn't right......the same people for RTW, are the very same people that rail against government giveaways....I find that to be odd to say the least....

If RTW laws didn't give people the right to freeload, what you said might be true, but since you get representation for free it isn't right......the same people for RTW, are the very same people that rail against government giveaways....I find that to be odd to say the least....
There's some middle ground in there. I shouldn't be forced to join a union organization to work at specific location, but then I shouldn't benefit from union representation over any grievances. Refusing to pay dues/buy into their racket and then running to them for help is hypocrisy.

There's some middle ground in there. I shouldn't be forced to join a union organization to work at specific location, but then I shouldn't benefit from union representation over any grievances. Refusing to pay dues/buy into their racket and then running to them for help is hypocrisy.
Ex, majority rule absolutely comes into play here. If it's a "union shop" and somebody really doesn't want to join the union, they have two choices: a) go ply their labor somewhere else; or b) be a Beck objector. Being a Beck objector is dumb in my opinion. They have to pay a fee for representation, which is a very high percentage of union dues, plus they don't have the right to vote in any Union business. To my thinking, if you have to pay you need to have a say. Being a Beck objector negates that by Court decree.

Should AARP have the legal right to confiscate part of my Social Security check?
I have a carry permit. Should I be forced to pay the NRA for representation?

Should AARP have the legal right to confiscate part of my Social Security check?
I have a carry permit. Should I be forced to pay the NRA for representation?
AARP and the NRA aren't doing anything for you specifically.... would you expect the NRA to give you legal representation if you got in trouble with your gun, if they did that very thing for their paying members?

AARP and the NRA aren't doing anything for you specifically.... would you expect the NRA to give you legal representation if you got in trouble with your gun, if they did that very thing for their paying members?
Your union isn't giving you legal representation. Grievance hearings, COO, not a single lawyer in the room. Your grievance decision was made days before the hearing. Everyone goes through the motions.

Your union isn't giving you legal representation. Grievance hearings, COO, not a single lawyer in the room. Your grievance decision was made days before the hearing. Everyone goes through the motions.
I asked a simple question...nowhere did I say my union is doing anything...so all that bloviating about something I never said is useless fluff...so do you expect people to do things for you for free?

You are absolutely right, there is middle ground on that. Lots of people are just cheap, worthless bastards that want representation for free, but when they get in trouble they want help.

I live in a RTW state all eligible employees have joined the union at my location. I'd say 95% do so. We are mostly conservative and don't like the union politics which is a huge issue.

Which is it? Is it laws or loopholes?
Wealth is built on work and risk taking investment. If you are looking to get rich on a paycheck, you are the idiot.
I worked for a paycheck and I'm pretty sure that I am wealthy. I may not have tax abatement and bankruptcy level wealth, but wealthy none the less.

Well said. And just to expand on this post a bit. Tax laws are what legislatures create to insure a revenue streams to fund government, some of those laws also incentivize investment and risk taking, others incentivize poor, working class people to remain poor. Loophole is a derogatory term used by shrewd politicians to gin up resentment from those looking to get rich on a paycheck toward risk takers and the wealthy.
And this is why I am fully in favor of abolishing the IRS and instituting a flat tax of 10% on all purchases. No loopholes, no tax code, no excuses.

The wealthy don't need a defender. They don't need unions or tenure because they make good decisions and are constantly learning and investing based on experience. The wealthy did not have money fall from the sky, they worked hard and earned it. The 401K and IRA have made millionaires out of tens of thousands of "working" people including this retired Teamster. Do I not deserve it because I didn't punch a time clock to earn it?
Right to Work laws are the only way members have to hold their officers accountable. RTW laws do not inhibit a worker right to organize or bargain collectively. 27 states have RTW laws, including the UAW states of Michigan and Indiana.
The so called loopholes exist because the tax laws are too complicated, 75,000 pages in the federal tax code. The solution is simple, eliminate the income tax and impose a national sales tax. The wealthy will pay more because they spend more and everybody pays something, their fair share.
I understand it just fine. Your philosophy is there for all to see. The rich don't deserve it and they should be required to give it to us. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That was written by Karl Marx in 1848 in his Communist Manifesto.
With all due respect RTW laws in UAW heavy states don’t really affect the UAW. It was firmly in place long before RTW laws were thought of or written. Sure it gives workers the right to not join the union if employed at an auto manufacturer represented by the UAW. But not joining a union if employed at a union shop is just dumb if you ask me. I wouldn’t forego the pension and representation, nor would I place myself in a position of conflict with my fellow workers. If someone is looking to work at a union shop doesn’t it make sense that said person WANTS said representation?

I am not a pro union person, nor am I strictly anti-union. But I do see that the current law structure makes it near impossible to organize. It discourages a large portion of a company’s employees from trying, leaving the effort to a smaller percentage of workers, who, wonder of wonders, end up not being successful in their effort.

No, you believe in collectivism. The power of the proletariat. Forced confiscation of union dues.
What are you talking about with checks and balances of power? America is a republic with checks and balances. Capitalism IS NOT a form of government.
Forced confiscation of union dues? If a person elects to work at a union shop then how are they being forced into anything? They elected to work there!