Yellow | This is the official post from washington,dc

When you talk about the southern people that voted for it.Remember the southern conf. includes Texas,and Mississippi.the Carolina's are in the eastern conf.I know some people in Dallas and Tyson had them running scared.A large amount of the yes votes were cowpunchers.
local 745 in Dallas was the local that locked up the yes votes to decide this, they were 5 to 1 with over 1300 ballots returned......

every ballot that had post-it notes or writing on the them were counted, as long as the X was legible, and there were ALOT...ballots that had ::shit::, or blood or some other kind of crap, were set off to the side and NOT counted, roughly a dozen or 2.....DOES THAT MAKE SENSE ?
That seems extremely fair how they counted the vote. I personally had a clean ballot. You sound very open minded to have changed your thinking of your no vote. If had of voted yes it would have only been for the people factor. This company's leadership could have said a lot more to earn this yes vote. That part irritates me. Alot more respect for the G-man!

Dallas Local 745 is probably the cheapest cost of living area in the whole country. Where else can you buy a 2000sq ft home for less than $150k? These people voted with their pocketbooks. It probably doesn't hurt us as much as a New Yorker.

what pension . ohhhhh you mean the 1 we used to have.
they will never pay into the 1 you are talking about again . and will close the doors if we dare say the have to!!!

I had exactly 22 years locked in, and saw that I would never be able to get 23, so I resigned, went to a more stable, better paying company with a future (hauling caskets-- Obie's Healthcare plans will make me a LOT of business as he forces oldsters to die!). So, yes, I realized YRC would never be paying into mine again months ago. What amazes me is those with the time in to retire still hanging on, thinking they are going to get more someday? I know guys with 36 years in, haging on. They could do better taking their retirement and working at a "hobby job". They'd have less stress, actually more money????????

yet they still continue on, maybe now these cuts will start a stampede of retirees......

Yes, I KNOW it was that bad, had I known what I learned while I was there, and what I saw and what I heard, I would definitely have voted "yes". I would have hated coming home from Washington to tell my wife I no longer had a job, or a company to work for....it was THAT close.....I saw alot of big people really sweat it out......remember however, this no guarantee, they could still go under....it all depends what that lunatic Zollars wants to do now, the Teamsters once again have stepped up and done their part......g

With what you experienced there, is it possible that they (YRC) were actually hoping for a no vote majority so they could go ahead & close it down?

I had exactly 22 years locked in, and saw that I would never be able to get 23, so I resigned, went to a more stable, better paying company with a future (hauling caskets-- Obie's Healthcare plans will make me a LOT of business as he forces oldsters to die!). So, yes, I realized YRC would never be paying into mine again months ago. What amazes me is those with the time in to retire still hanging on, thinking they are going to get more someday? I know guys with 36 years in, haging on. They could do better taking their retirement and working at a "hobby job". They'd have less stress, actually more money????????
Let me guess, Batesville Casket Co.? Hey is this you?

27x1g76.jpg

With what you experienced there, is it possible that they (YRC) were actually hoping for a no vote majority so they could go ahead & close it down?
Alot of people including myself have been saying that for a long time now.....Zollars is unstable, and I wouldn't put it past him...he'd do it for spite....g

you forget g-man all these no voters think it was all rigged.
Sorry pal. Not all do. So don't say that stuff. I believe that the :tribe: I voted no. But, I also accept the fact that I was on the losing side. I also respect other people's reasons for their vote. But, I don't think that the vote was rigged.:ShakeHandsNah:

My signature explains the reason for my "no" vote.

Alot of people including myself have been saying that for a long time now.....Zollars is unstable, and I wouldn't put it past him...he'd do it for spite....g

It just seems that they had everything in place to close down immediately. Like they were anticipating a no vote. Wondering if that's the reason they kept calling for an update....so they could get the papers filed before the close of the bank's business day.

Sorry pal. Not all do. So don't say that stuff. I believe that the :tribe: I voted no. But, I also accept the fact that I was on the losing side. I also respect other people's reasons for their vote. But, I don't think that the vote was rigged.:ShakeHandsNah:

My signature explains the reason for my "no" vote.

You are right about the failed practices and failed results.I see it every day!! The only thing that changes is the day!

You are right about the failed practices and failed results.I see it every day!! The only thing that changes is the day!
Yep! Even since the first pay concession, it just seems like business as usual. That's why I voted no. I could not support throwing more of my hard earned money into the same black hole.

Yep! Even since the first pay concession, it just seems like business as usual. That's why I voted no. I could not support throwing more of my hard earned money into the same black hole.
I think that's also why the vote count was so close. We (the union) workers aren't the cause of YRC's downturn. The economy along with poor business decisions and a even poorer business model is why we are here. Until the waste and the poor management stops we will continue to loose market share. DS.

It just seems that they had everything in place to close down immediately. Like they were anticipating a no vote. Wondering if that's the reason they kept calling for an update....so they could get the papers filed before the close of the bank's business day.

The papers were filed a FULL WEEK BEFORE the vote count, and the courts were holding them until the results of this count was made public. They were filing for full liquidation (chap. 7) and that info came from an EXTREMELY high ranking IBT official, while we were all there together.....he told me point blank....THERE WAS NO PLAN B....and not enough time to renegotiate another deal....this was it,,,yes or no.....

"They were filing for full liquidation (chap. 7) and that info came from an EXTREMELY high ranking IBT official" but this isn't confirmed is it? its just his word?

"They were filing for full liquidation (chap. 7) and that info came from an EXTREMELY high ranking IBT official" but this isn't confirmed is it? its just his word?

:popcorn:Now you know that none of our high ranking teamster officials would even think about not telling us the whole truth:nutkick:Remember it wasn't that long ago we got the best contract ever:biglaugh:Well when we finally get the new contract books,I heard they are going to be printed on "etch-a-sketch" boards so the IBT can change them easier...:popcorn:On another note I would like to thank the TB members that spent there time to oversee the election as we now know they were legitimate:shift:

I take his word as truth, still.....what would he have to gain by making it all up? We were all in the same small room for 8-10 hrs a day, with nothing to do BUT talk, We asked alot of questions, and gained a WEALTH of knowledge...anyone else that was there from here will tell you the same....

I take his word as truth, still.....what would he have to gain by making it all up? We were all in the same small room for 8-10 hrs a day, with nothing to do BUT talk, We asked alot of questions, and gained a WEALTH of knowledge...anyone else that was there from here will tell you the same....

We pay these people and elect them to run the IBT. Why not believe them? My next question to Tyson or Keegel or whoever you were dealing with would be WTH didn't you tell me this a week ago before I sent my no vote?

with all due respect G-MAN, with out proper documentation, its he said, she said, bla, bla, bla, bull sheet! Gordon sweeton stood right up there and told us that there was no way management was going to get bonuses, look at yrc's 8k fillings with the sec. i could go on here for hours, but i got things to do. lets just say, i don't have any reason to believe a word that comes from Hoffa and crew any more, with out proper documentation.

During those talks, was it mentioned what exactly will be done with the locals that voted no? Will they be working without the concessions for now?