Yellow | This mornings driver meetings

That’s an outdated business model that worked well.

People with degrees in butterfly preservation have to keep reinventing the business model based on numbers, charts and their uncanny ability to predict tomorrow’s freight levels.
If you just run the business, as it should be run, there’d be no need for the smoke & mirror stockholder pleasing games. Estes, R&L, Dayton all still in business.

That’s an outdated business model that worked well.

People with degrees in butterfly preservation have to keep reinventing the business model based on numbers, charts and their uncanny ability to predict tomorrow’s freight levels.
Those people with "degrees in butterfly preservation" (engineers, etc.) have over decades made UPS Parcel extremely efficient and highly profitable which has allowed them to pay the high wages and benefits they are paying the Teamsters there.

Why not let the Yellow Teamsters decide for themselves which path they're willing to take? Seems like someone is afraid to let them have that choice.

Oh wait a minute, I forgot, Yellow is a stain on the trucking industry. Got to be a little dramatic on a Thursday right?
Responsible for killing 80000 Teamster jobs. Yes that’s a stain!

Those people with "degrees in butterfly preservation" (engineers, etc.) have over decades made UPS Parcel extremely efficient and highly profitable which has allowed them to pay the high wages and benefits they are paying the Teamsters there.
So you’re saying it’s easier to predict tomorrow in parcel then it is freight? :17142:

So you’re saying it’s easier to predict tomorrow in parcel then it is freight? :17142:
I'm saying exactly what I posted, nothing more, nothing less. If you're having a problem understanding that seek help. :poke:

Seriously though, having been at Parcel long ago, I would guess that their package flow is more steady and dependable than freight. I could be wrong.

Yes, they told us that yesterday morning. I think that O’Brien should have put it up for a vote rather than just rejecting it on his own. While I’m glad that we have a union leader who will stand up to the company, I also think that it’s crap that a proposal was made over a week ago and we’re just now hearing about it. I also saw a letter from him to Hawkins stating that, if Yellow would drop the lawsuit, that the IBT would come to the table. Enough with the back room offers and the public pissing contest in the media, if there’s an offer on the table, let the members vote on it.
No there isn’t an offer on the table. It’s a break room offer to divide the workers.

I'm saying exactly what I posted, nothing more, nothing less. If you're having a problem understanding that seek help. :poke:

Seriously though, having been at Parcel long ago, I would guess that their package flow is more steady and dependable than freight. I could be wrong.
Easy big guy I was making light. I’m sure their flow is more steady they’re just always swamped. I’m referring to here it’s a daily change of the priority today it’s bill count tomorrow it’s service now it’s pick ups are priority yesterday it was delivery etc etc

Easy big guy I was making light. I’m sure their flow is more steady they’re just always swamped. I’m referring to here it’s a daily change of the priority today it’s bill count tomorrow it’s service now it’s pick ups are priority yesterday it was delivery etc etc
And so am I making light. Didn't you see the "poke" I inserted at the end of the first line. All good. :smile new:

It's 100% true. It goes to court today!