Yellow | This mornings driver meetings

So there it is.
I had no clue who all had them. I thought you didn't.
Now I know you do.
So all LTL has road on dock.....I say it like that because city or local Cartage never left P&D area.
And when they made UE here, they cut road so road is who took UE.
OD has, or at least had very very few linehaul on the dock, some guys with short mileage turns to a break center would do it for more money but it was voluntary. They did open up an additional job description for combo which was line, city and dock. When they did it they didn’t reduce the number of straight road drivers or force road drivers into that classification.

I had to come back to this!
I thought you was guessing who I am because you recognize my description!
And you was saying Dayton terminal!
LMAO
You was suggesting I go to work for Dayton Freight?
So, they hire old fat basturds like me?
I’ll keep that in mind, thanks

I had a Walmart driver approach me yesterday and and try and recruit me. He said that he heard that it’s not looking good for us and said he could get me on if I wanted, even gave me his driver I.D. number. They pay good but I don’t want to have to shower and ::::shit:::: at truck stops again…
You don’t. I seriously investigated going to Wally several years ago. Most drivers spend the night at a DC, DCs usually have driver facilities including showers, workout rooms, kitchens. And they pay you to sleep in the truck. When I was looking at them it was only something like $32, but still… you’re allowed to park at any Walmart in the country (there are a few that don’t allow because of city ordinance) and if the manager bugs you while you’re asleep Bentonville will get involved. Overall, pretty damn good gig if you ask me.

You don’t. I seriously investigated going to Wally several years ago. Most drivers spend the night at a DC, DCs usually have driver facilities including showers, workout rooms, kitchens. And they pay you to sleep in the truck. When I was looking at them it was only something like $32, but still… you’re allowed to park at any Walmart in the country (there are a few that don’t allow because of city ordinance) and if the manager bugs you while you’re asleep Bentonville will get involved. Overall, pretty damn good gig if you ask me.
I did my Walmart onboarding this week. I timed that just right!

I did my Walmart onboarding this week. I timed that just right!
Good on ya mate! I’ve got an interview with Estes this afternoon… if something unfortunate does happen with Yellow I’m not sure how much it will affect Estes as to freight levels, but if it does and they have to continue hiring I’d like to be ahead of as many as possible.

I worked for Walmart for 1 year. Left yellow in 2022 to go there, they treat you like a professional! And they always feed you, no BS little games like yellow. I made 105k in a year. Safty bonus checks and had 5 weeks of vacation. I just couldn’t do the sleeper thing . So I quit .

Good on ya mate! I’ve got an interview with Estes this afternoon… if something unfortunate does happen with Yellow I’m not sure how much it will affect Estes as to freight levels, but if it does and they have to continue hiring I’d like to be ahead of as many as Possible

I worked for Walmart for 1 year. Left yellow in 2022 to go there, they treat you like a professional! And they always feed you, no BS little games like yellow. I made 105k in a year. Safty bonus checks and had 5 weeks of vacation. I just couldn’t do the sleeper thing . So I quit .
That's why I went to Walmart. 21 pto days and 4 safety days your first year. Where else can you start with 5 weeks off paid your first year. And you can use them as soon as you earn them.

Good on ya mate! I’ve got an interview with Estes this afternoon… if something unfortunate does happen with Yellow I’m not sure how much it will affect Estes as to freight levels, but if it does and they have to continue hiring I’d like to be ahead of as many as possible.
Beat the rush. It won't be easy with this on the horizon.

recessionb039ef5a2463f8cf.md.png

We had meetings this morning and we were told that Yellow did not pay the $50 million because they will need that money to shut down the company. THey said Sean Obrien was told they would offer an $11 dollar an hour raise over the course of a 5 year contract if he would just come to the table to talk. They said he didn't even let the locals know about that offer. We had someone laugh at the 11 dollar an hour, seeing as how this company can't even make a health payment, but the TM said we would get financing and debt restructing from lenders if the banks knew the teamsters were willing to work with us. Anyone else hearing this?

Coop is hiring at the Ridge, Cedar Rapids, and Mayberry NC. .85 per mile

It's going to separate everyone's employment. How dare Obrien not tell everyone about this $11 dollar offer.
If the company had to get lender approval for .60 an hour, they would have to get it for $11 an hour over 5 years. Aren’t these the same lenders that in order to secure financing in 2009 to bail out YRCW required the employees to take our %15 paycut? Maybe O’Brien sees this too. It sure would be awesome for all the current employees to get this, but I don’t think Yellow can follow through. Strictly my opinion. Good luck to all the current employees and their families. This is going to be a long weekend.

You’d think with all our knowledge, there’d be a TBFreightCo. No stockholders, no multilevel mgt. Pick it up, move it, deliver it. On time, undamaged.
Yes with only floor stacked freight on a 45’ 96” wide trailer. TBFreight wouldn’t have a set of doubles.