Yellow | Tired of hearing about the 15%

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
I am tired of the complaining I hear daily about the 15%. The company didnt do some defacto takeback of your 15%, your fellow Teamsters at YRC, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway all voted for the 15%. We were told if we didnt take the 15% then we would be without jobs so the senior men who are in their 50's got scared and took the 15% to save the jobs. There is no solidarity amongst anyone. Its every man for himself. Move on from the 15% and lets focus on 19 for the return of our 15%

I am tired of the complaining I hear daily about the 15%. The company didnt do some defacto takeback of your 15%, your fellow Teamsters at YRC, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway all voted for the 15%. We were told if we didnt take the 15% then we would be without jobs so the senior men who are in their 50's got scared and took the 15% to save the jobs. There is no solidarity amongst anyone. Its every man for himself. Move on from the 15% and lets focus on 19 for the return of our 15%
There is solidarity in the bitchin about the 15 percent if your looking for solidarity. I don't speak of it but I hear it everyday.... Especially today when we get our checks.
There will be no return of anything in 19. They will take more. Don't think we will get anything back in any form.

You better come up with a better handle because if you think the 15% will return in 2019, you are not in reality at all.

300.jpg
realityofitall, here your ear plugs ,cause NO I wouldn't stop complaining about the -15% , because I voted NO , and as for the old guys they got screwed anyway ,cause CSPF is going broke , so everybody would have been better off if they would have just shut the doors back then !!!

300.jpg
realityofitall, here your ear plugs ,cause NO I wouldn't stop complaining about the -15% , because I voted NO , and as for the old guys they got screwed anyway ,cause CSPF is going broke , so everybody would have been better off if they would have just shut the doors back then !!!

Please speak for yourself, Most of us (including you) would not be better off without this job). I've seen men recently more grateful lately for the health insurance alone for them or their wife than they ever have been in their life.
Making 65 to 70k in the city and even more for our road drivers , with free insurance and union work rules is something to be thankful for, not bitch about constantly.
I agree with realityofitall, the negativity just makes life more miserable for everyone.
We will demand more in 2019 Wong and hopefully we can do something about our Ponzi pension.
Btw way Wong, I get frustrated and bitch about some of the stupid day to day operations and the nit picking of the job, I'm just very grateful for the job itself.

Please speak for yourself, Most of us (including you) would not be better off without this job). I've seen men recently more grateful lately for the health insurance alone for them or their wife than they ever have been in their life.
Making 65 to 70k in the city and even more for our road drivers , with free insurance and union work rules is something to be thankful for, not bitch about constantly.
I agree with realityofitall, the negativity just makes life more miserable for everyone.
We will demand more in 2019 Wong and hopefully we can do something about our Ponzi pension.
Btw way Wong, I get frustrated and bitch about some of the stupid day to day operations and the nit picking of the job, I'm just very grateful for the job itself.
The disability pay. And our insurance are part of our compensation package. When TOTAL benefits and wages are compared with other LTL employee there is very little difference. FedEx doesn't pay you $300.00 a week for up to 26 weeks if you're sick. Nor do they pay 100% of your medical insurance premiums.

Jamie's tired of hearing about it too...

7JUdcm3.jpg

The big break came in January 2014, when YRC convinced the union to extend the 15% pay cut and diminished pension contribution through 2019, by hammering home that otherwise the company would fail and its 26,000 union members would become unemployed. Actually, because of a severe driver shortage that plagues the trucking industry, many would have been likely to find new work, but perhaps without free health care and a pension.

“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”
http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/
:chairshot::crybaby:

Jamie's tired of hearing about it too...

7JUdcm3.jpg

“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”
http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/
:chairshot::crybaby:

If it were really that simple all union carriers would have gone bankrupt at approximately the same time, long ago.

Looking at the LTL rankings we are sitting at the number 3 spot and the regional are sitting at the number 8 spot.Revenue including fuel surcharges.3.8million and 1.6 million combined it would pretty much displace FedEx at the number one spot.What is or would be wrong with combining to become what Bill Zollars had in mind prior to the economic fallout of 2008? We would be if we are not now the nation's largest LTL carrier.

Looking at the LTL rankings we are sitting at the number 3 spot and the regional are sitting at the number 8 spot.Revenue including fuel surcharges.3.8million and 1.6 million combined it would pretty much displace FedEx at the number one spot.What is or would be wrong with combining to become what Bill Zollars had in mind prior to the economic fallout of 2008? We would be if we are not now the nation's largest LTL carrier.
I must be dreaming that I am reading this post...

Everyone has a right to bitch about any work issue on this site! It's not about right or wrong. People need to vent!
Please remember Truckingboards allows many different things to happen, News to be shared, Ideals to be exchanged, Points of view to be fought over! (Were Teamsters dammit! We don't debate, We fight with words!!!)
Lastly this board allows People to vent their anger about anything happening with the Union or the Company. I'm convenced that by allowing Guys to vent their anger and bitch up a :shhit: storm it has kept some, Shall we say, Unpleasent things from going down at work.
It's not always about pleasent conversations on this site but thank GOD this site is here!

Heard West Coast Teamsters have had enough BS!
Rumors claim Local 63 had a meeting concerning PTS abuse and outsourcing clerk labor to the Philippines.
Hasn't outsourcing office work gone on for 6+ years?
Who, in their right mind, can possibly monitor PTS dispatches across the entire USA?
Shouldn't the IBT also monitor the BNSF/UP rail abuse for the past 6 years?
Rumor also claims a strike vote has been authorized by Tyson Johnson?

Inquiring minds are seeking a positive resolution!

"the senior men who are in their 50's got scared and took the 15% to save the jobs".....That does not apply to ALL of us that were in their 50's at the time of the vote.....KK

I think most of the bitching comes from seeing no results in day to day operations and the debt not being paid substanetly down with that 15% wage rate reduction....KK

I think most of the bitching comes from seeing no results in day to day operations and the debt not being paid substanetly down with that 15% wage rate reduction....KK

Paying down the debt quickly is not necessary for YRCW to continue operating. Debt can be refinanced. Reinvesting in equipment is necessary however. Can't run a business without equipment. The company can pay down debt more quickly but how will they move freight and continue to generate income without new equipment? There's more to operating a corporation than many of us understand. Their financials show that they are improving. Arm chair financial wizards don't understand the whole story.

Paying down the debt quickly is not necessary for YRCW to continue operating. Debt can be refinanced. Reinvesting in equipment is necessary however. Can't run a business without equipment. The company can pay down debt more quickly but how will they move freight and continue to generate income without new equipment? There's more to operating a corporation than many of us understand. Their financials show that they are improving. Arm chair financial wizards don't understand the whole story.
The selling point by the company to pass the MOU WAS TO PAY DOWN THE DEBT.....Still over $1B to go and we are at least 2.5 years away from negogiating another contract....KK

If you are being extorted from YRC and the union on top of being extorted by the government and state tax, you have earned the right to bitch and bitch all day long. It's what drivers do best anyway. Just make sure to bitch at the right people, your brothers are the ones who voted your 15% away.

Last edited: