Yellow | Tired of hearing about the 15%

I am tired of the complaining I hear daily about the 15%. The company didnt do some defacto takeback of your 15%, your fellow Teamsters at YRC, New Penn, Holland, Reddaway all voted for the 15%. We were told if we didnt take the 15% then we would be without jobs so the senior men who are in their 50's got scared and took the 15% to save the jobs. There is no solidarity amongst anyone. Its every man for himself. Move on from the 15% and lets focus on 19 for the return of our 15%
In reality it's not reality to say it was because of the senior guys,but I agree to continue to complain about it will not change anything,if anything changes in 19 we would have to stand together and not point fingers.

Jamie's tired of hearing about it too...

7JUdcm3.jpg

All that money, and yet unable to afford a comb!

It was voted in. Quit your bitchin. The Smart worker gives 15% less. Slow down that truck or forklift. Less accidents. Write down or enter things a lot slower, less mistakes, less letters. Turn the tables on them. Allow your ulcer to heal by being happy. How do you do that? F**k em. von.

It was voted in. Quit your bitchin. The Smart worker gives 15% less. Slow down that truck or forklift. Less accidents. Write down or enter things a lot slower, less mistakes, less letters. Turn the tables on them. Allow your ulcer to heal by being happy. How do you do that? F**k em. von.
It's what I have done. I feel alot better too! No stress.

I don't think anyone needs to be a rocket scientist to understand that workers at a profitable company stand a better chance of a wage increase than workers at a less profitable company. Having said that, why would anyone with more than half a brain want to sabotage the company and hurt their profitability by "screwing" the company any chance they get? Oh that's right, it makes anyone doing that feel good about "getting back" at the company. Yes-siree, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot. Pure genius!

Jamie's tired of hearing about it too...

7JUdcm3.jpg

The big break came in January 2014, when YRC convinced the union to extend the 15% pay cut and diminished pension contribution through 2019, by hammering home that otherwise the company would fail and its 26,000 union members would become unemployed. Actually, because of a severe driver shortage that plagues the trucking industry, many would have been likely to find new work, but perhaps without free health care and a pension.

“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”
http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/
:chairshot::crybaby:
That's why I only work 85% .

I don't think anyone needs to be a rocket scientist to understand that workers at a profitable company stand a better chance of a wage increase than workers at a less profitable company. Having said that, why would anyone with more than half a brain want to sabotage the company and hurt their profitability by "screwing" the company any chance they get? Oh that's right, it makes anyone doing that feel good about "getting back" at the company. Yes-siree, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot. Pure genius!
I really am not working slower... Just smarter. Not trying to get back either. Personally it's just better to do it the way it's supposed to be done. Takes longer... and I am in no rush to damage the customers products. I save them money by going slower and doing it the way they want it done. Dunnage... Bags... Bars... All takes time.
Nothing I can do about these leaky ass trailers. Getting alot of rain in Texas and freight is getting ruined. They say to just load it... so... They do.

Paying down the debt quickly is not necessary for YRCW to continue operating. Debt can be refinanced. Reinvesting in equipment is necessary however. Can't run a business without equipment. The company can pay down debt more quickly but how will they move freight and continue to generate income without new equipment? There's more to operating a corporation than many of us understand. Their financials show that they are improving. Arm chair financial wizards don't understand the whole story.
Paying the debt down from $1 billion would save a lot of money in interest which can be turned into trucks and trailers while improving your credit rating getting cheaper operating money. Instead they pay bonuses, stock dividends, and vote in pay raises.

Paying the debt down from $1 billion would save a lot of money in interest which can be turned into trucks and trailers while improving your credit rating getting cheaper operating money. Instead they pay bonuses, stock dividends, and vote in pay raises.

While interest rates are at historically low levels it makes more sense to put money into new equipment in order to rebuild the business and increase cash flow. By the time the notes come due again they'll hopefully be in a better position to refi at better rates and even if rates should rise by then the better condition of the equipment will help keep operations going. Paying down the debt early and not having good equipment to operate makes no sense. They have to allocate funds where they'll do the most good and currently that's in equipment and facilities. They can continue to operate and generate revenue even with a heavy debt load but they can't operate without good equipment to produce the revenue in the first place.

While interest rates are at historically low levels it makes more sense to put money into new equipment in order to rebuild the business and increase cash flow. By the time the notes come due again they'll hopefully be in a better position to refi at better rates and even if rates should rise by then the better condition of the equipment will help keep operations going. Paying down the debt early and not having good equipment to operate makes no sense. They have to allocate funds where they'll do the most good and currently that's in equipment and facilities. They can continue to operate and generate revenue even with a heavy debt load but they can't operate without good equipment to produce the revenue in the first place.
I didn't say you could operate without new equipment. They could've still paid more down instead of taking lavish raises and bonuses. Paying out big dividends does not help pay down the price either. They don't want to pay off the debt because that ensures a rotten contract. Rotten for you guys. Just my opinion. You had a pretty good point yourself.

I didn't say you could operate without new equipment. They could've still paid more down instead of taking lavish raises and bonuses. Paying out big dividends does not help pay down the price either. They don't want to pay off the debt because that ensures a rotten contract. Rotten for you guys. Just my opinion. You had a pretty good point yourself.
They have absolutely 0% interest in paying off the debt on this contract (extension). Why should they when they see what a person is willing to accept? We were told that " Hey Brother, if y'all vote this cut in, they are gonna pay the debt off..) Well.. How's that looking for us now, brethren?..

They have absolutely 0% interest in paying off the debt on this contract (extension). Why should they when they see what a person is willing to accept? We were told that " Hey Brother, if y'all vote this cut in, they are gonna pay the debt off..) Well.. How's that looking for us now, brethren?..

They said no such thing. They said they needed the concessions in order to be able to refinance the debt, a condition stipulated by the lenders. But hey, making up stuff is much more fun right?