Yellow | Tired of hearing about the 15%

Better check your facts boy!!! Between yrc, new Penn, holland, best way, reddaway it was 44.3% from 2009-2012. Pull your head out of the sand.
Don't know if you are correct in your figures. I think what you say is possible based on the # of employees & equipment they used to have during that time frame, but, it would be nice to show the Board that those figures have some kind of support behind them. Just asking. von.

Better check your facts boy!!! Between yrc, new Penn, holland, best way, reddaway it was 44.3% from 2009-2012. Pull your head out of the sand.
I suppose anything is possible, but I'm extremely skeptical. FedEx Freight, Conway, UPS Freight, SAIA, Estes, Old Dominian, ABF, R & L Carriers, Averitt, AAA Cooper and many more, and YRCW controlled 45%? I scoured federal DOT statistics and couldn't find any supporting data for your assertion. If you're able please post a link to support your statement.

I suppose anything is possible, but I'm extremely skeptical. FedEx Freight, Conway, UPS Freight, SAIA, Estes, Old Dominian, ABF, R & L Carriers, Averitt, AAA Cooper and many more, and YRCW controlled 45%? I scoured federal DOT statistics and couldn't find any supporting data for your assertion. If you're able please post a link to support your statement.
This covers 2006 thru 2008.

That’s about a 30 percent reduction in market share for YRC Worldwide over the past three years. In 2006, YRC Worldwide had 25.1 percent of the LTL market, SJ Consulting said. That slipped to 24.3 percent in 2007 and 22.6 percent in 2008. That slide reflects a 44.3 percent drop in LTL revenue at YRC National, according to the study, which reports YRC Regional’s revenue declined 32.4 percent
http://www.trustheart.com/news-bulletins/ltl-and-tl-bulletins?start=10

This covers 2006 thru 2008.

That’s about a 30 percent reduction in market share for YRC Worldwide over the past three years. In 2006, YRC Worldwide had 25.1 percent of the LTL market, SJ Consulting said. That slipped to 24.3 percent in 2007 and 22.6 percent in 2008. That slide reflects a 44.3 percent drop in LTL revenue at YRC National, according to the study, which reports YRC Regional’s revenue declined 32.4 percent
http://www.trustheart.com/news-bulletins/ltl-and-tl-bulletins?start=10
That's all pre yrcw not including the subs, and its revenue not total bills hauled. My #s I quoted were the ones Jeff rodgers, Tyson J and local was telling us at the buy mou meetings.

Last edited:
thank GOD this site is here!

Thank you God!....( Jeff too...)

Kidding aside LEIGH vALLY, I agree with your sentiments regarding this fourm and Truckingboards..... It is an invaluable source of information along with interesting and informative conversations!....

Thanks to Jeff and the rest of the the staff that makes it possible!

Just make sure to bitch at the right people, your brothers are the ones who voted your 15% away.
Yes....and those brothers are the ones that saved the jobs of those who voted to give everyone's job away.......

If you're that unhappy....you have other options....

The Smart worker gives 15% less. Slow down that truck or forklift.

Yes...it's always the "smart" workers that purposely screws over their employer.....which usually results in more issues and problems for those
"smart" workers..... Not to "smart" if you ask me....

I've always found it was easier to just do the job the right way in a timely fashion..... Spending more time at work was not my idea of "working smart"...especially if you hate the company!....

Slowing down and doing less isn't going to do anything to get you a 15 percent pay raise..... As a matter fact, it increases your chances of not getting a raise....or even being able to keep your job, for that matter...... Just my opinion...

Yes...it's always the "smart" workers that purposely screws over their employer.....which usually results in more issues and problems for those
"smart" workers..... Not to "smart" if you ask me....

I've always found it was easier to just do the job the right way in a timely fashion..... Spending more time at work was not my idea of "working smart"...especially if you hate the company!....

Slowing down and doing less isn't going to do anything to get you a 15 percent pay raise..... As a matter fact, it increases your chances of not getting a raise....or even being able to keep your job, for that matter...... Just my opinion...

This man is institutionalized. How does it help your brother if you are willing to work here for free?

The selling point by the company to pass the MOU WAS TO PAY DOWN THE DEBT.....Still over $1B to go and we are at least 2.5 years away from negogiating another contract....KK

K.k. You are dead wrong the selling point of the last MOU was not to pay down the debt it was to allow the company to refinance the debt. Please put out accurate info

If my memory serves me correct there, Sir Bag. Back in the 90's, between CF, Yellow, and Roadway, they as a group controlled about 45 percent of the ltl market. That was equal to roughly 65-70,000 bills per day, per carrier. Fed Ex Freight alone today handles almost 105,000 bills a day by themselves.

K.k. You are dead wrong the selling point of the last MOU was not to pay down the debt it was to allow the company to refinance the debt. Please put out accurate info
refinance to pay down the debt. He wasn't wrong. Your just nit picking his statement.

Nit picking? Not hardly. Big difference between "paying down the debt" and "refinancing the debt". He was absolutely wrong in what he originally said.

Nit picking? Not hardly. Big difference between "paying down the debt" and "refinancing the debt". He was absolutely wrong in what he originally said.
Refinance would be the key word there. That means you should be paying off debt.