Estes | To all my Brothers

strangedays50

TB Regular
Credits
To all my brothers that lost their jobs at 071 yesterday,take care, and it was was entertaining as hell working with you.This is an opportunity for us to find something better.2010 will be a better year,just stay positive.

Bad time of year to hear things like that !! Good luck, like you say, stay positive. One door can open into something better in a heartbeat. Any one heard the status of chicopee ??

Whats going on at estes.... Seems like alot of layoff talk lately.

No layoff talk at all.. Estes doesn't lay people off. See layoffs would insinuate that they may call you back. We here at Estes have a better way of doing it, we do workforce reductions that way we can :nutkick: you out the door and hire someone new at bottom wage when we need to. See we believe this method really adds to the moral of our employees kinda like reducing workforce per category, you know getting rid of the road driver with 10 years while keeping the guy we hired 6 months ago on Utility working everyday. But remember Rob values his employees and all the hard work and sacrifice they've shown.

No layoff talk at all.. Estes doesn't lay people off. See layoffs would insinuate that they may call you back. We here at Estes have a better way of doing it, we do workforce reductions that way we can :nutkick: you out the door and hire someone new at bottom wage when we need to. See we believe this method really adds to the moral of our employees kinda like reducing workforce per category, you know getting rid of the road driver with 10 years while keeping the guy we hired 6 months ago on Utility working everyday. But remember Rob values his employees and all the hard work and sacrifice they've shown.

:biglaugh: That's a shame but that's the way this world is. Out with the old and in with the new. It's a prooven system that works.

where is 071 and what happened? how come we never here anything happening over on the west side? why does it seem as though they are well taken care of?

071 is salisbury md.It is now only a driver terminal.4 p&d,one hub,two line haul,one extra board were let go,from what i understand they left 4 p&d and one hub.I was one of P&D let go,they let us work all day then told us when we came back to the dock we were out of a job,benifits were terminated as soon as they told us we were fired.Merry Christmas

071 is salisbury md.It is now only a driver terminal.4 p&d,one hub,two line haul,one extra board were let go,from what i understand they left 4 p&d and one hub.I was one of P&D let go,they let us work all day then told us when we came back to the dock we were out of a job,benifits were terminated as soon as they told us we were fired.Merry Christmas

This is sad....

Goes beyond sad legshot, I am disgusted with upper management for pulling a chickenshit stunt like that,typical slap in the face and a :nutkick: used to bs with one of your guys in the A.M. think his name was Barry? curly gray hair, came up to 027 a lot. Best of luck to you guys.

Dam it looks like they could have at least left insurance until the first of the year!I thought estes was a little more family oriented than that.... thats pretty $***ty!

With no hope of being called back??If not,that's going against everything they have told the one's down here..Our team of 8 years,man and wife,were offered a transfer,but,if they would have took it,the way they figured it,they would only be home 26 hours,then have to travel back to work.

I'm sorry to hear this happened strangedays..Good luck buddy..

I find it funny that Rob puts out that anti Union dvd which he sent to all our houses, then 6-9 months later is pulling all this ::shit::. Kinda like he was trying to scare us before he dropped the sledge hammer on our heads. I'm as anti as they come, but with the way they treat people and complete disrespect for senority I think they are asking for the very thing they talked about in their DVD. I sometimes wish some of these people had someone to fight on their behalf for what's right. Some day I may wish I had someone fighting for me because god knows nobody in management will help us out. I understand having to cut jobs, but IMO it should be last one hired, first one gone regardless of catagory.

salisbury was a great place to work, it is just a shame that they kept 3 good workers and gary and bill are not on that list..... my advice to those still workin there get rid of them however you can because they are gonna run you out of a job just like they did me.. i was the hardest working person in that terminal and that got me nothing so if youve got anyone under you in your terminals feel free to work how ever you want because it doesnt matter how good you are its how long youve been here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it funny that Rob puts out that anti U dvd which he sent to all our houses, then 6-9 months later is pulling all this ::shit::. Kinda like he was trying to scare us before he dropped the sledge hammer on our heads. I'm as anti as they come, but with the way they treat people and complete disrespect for senority I think they are asking for the very thing they talked about in their DVD. I sometimes wish some of these people had someone to fight on their behalf for what's right. Some day I may wish I had someone fighting for me because god knows nobody in management will help us out. I understand having to cut jobs, but IMO it should be last one hired, first one gone regardless of catagory.

The thing about it boozer,the "Union" guys are getting hit as hard as we are,so I don't think it would have done any good,if we were "U" or not..

Working 4 the other guy.

Man i hate seeing people lose there job so close to holidays.
I ve been working this arena for 17 years, seen alot of people
in all kinds of businesses, especially when i worked city
pedal.. My 2 cents worth on current employee treatment
not only at estes, but most other businesses as well..
Always be prepared for the worst when you choose a life
and path of working for the other guy.. Greed is out of control and we are nothing but a number.. Hard work is no longer respected.... Be prepared for the worst at all times
when you work for the rich dude...

try and stay positive, your life and health
depends on it...
Mighty Mo

I worked at this terminal from september 2003- february 2005, i could see the writing on the wall, with certain things going on, I was fired for going to upper management with some complaints, call it a blessing now, sorry for all you guys at 071. feel free to pm me if you worked there, been trying to get up with some of you guys for awhile.

Man i hate seeing people lose there job so close to holidays.
I ve been working this arena for 17 years, seen alot of people
in all kinds of businesses, especially when i worked city
pedal.. My 2 cents worth on current employee treatment
not only at estes, but most other businesses as well..
Always be prepared for the worst when you choose a life
and path of working for the other guy.. Greed is out of control and we are nothing but a number.. Hard work is no longer respected.... Be prepared for the worst at all times
when you work for the rich dude...

try and stay positive, your life and health
depends on it...
Mighty Mo

that is it. greed is a crazy thing but how much is greed or just plan survival :TR10driving03::shift: