Estes | To all my Brothers

I worked at this terminal from september 2003- february 2005, i could see the writing on the wall, with certain things going on, I was fired for going to upper management with some complaints, call it a blessing now, sorry for all you guys at 071. feel free to pm me if you worked there, been trying to get up with some of you guys for awhile.

I only wish I would have been that smart, before the jobs out there went south, a couple of years ago you could get a job.
Remember back when they doubled us up in the Hotel rooms, that was my first sign and I was ready to quit, wish I would have.

if Estes as a company has to change to make it stronger I'm all for it,but the bull that they have a open door policy and screw long term employees out of benefits is not much of a family run business,just because Rob runs a softball tournament once a year doesn't make this place great....how about holding the OS&d check to all dock workers before they are let go.......these people worked 50 weeks for this money,and now since they are terminated hr dept said your not entitled to this check.( one week before Christmas) I guess the good ole days are gone (just another unorganized mismanaged common carrier that is non union)

Never ceases to amaze me, last night in Winchester, Va drivers were told last night if they do not run they'll be fired. You know how it is the almighty dollar trumps everything? Safety First??? Yeah right!!

If I was rob, I'd be afraid of card check and the over anxious Democrats that control congress. I'd be real afraid with all the BS he is letting happen. I'm not saying I'm in support of anything, just saying eventually a couple of big breaks will have enough and then the smaller ones will go with them. They need to start recognizing true seniority and find a moral compass that steers them in the direction of treating their employees the way they would want to be treated. If the day ever comes, they have no one to blame but themselves and it's a shame :realmad:

Never ceases to amaze me, last night in Winchester, Va drivers were told last night if they do not run they'll be fired. You know how it is the almighty dollar trumps everything? Safety First??? Yeah right!!

Lots of card signing talk going on at my barn. They don't seem to give a ::shit:: about past events.:TR10driving03:

Card Signing

at my barn to.... I think they want company seniority and not by catagory and to be treated fair... i told them that it is not a good thing but thats my opion

at my barn to.... I think they want company seniority and not by catagory and to be treated fair... i told them that it is not a good thing but thats my opion

I've been hearing that for a while out of quite a few barns. IMO it would be a good thing to honor company time. ESPECALLY when it comes to work reductions. Forget this category BS. Last one hired, should be first one out regardless of catagory.

I've been hearing that for a while out of quite a few barns. IMO it would be a good thing to honor company time. ESPECALLY when it comes to work reductions. Forget this category BS. Last one hired, should be first one out regardless of catagory.

:clap::clap::clap:i've been saying the same thing for months i'ts good to see some people coming around to the right way of thinking

To all my brothers that lost their jobs at 071 yesterday,take care, and it was was entertaining as hell working with you.This is an opportunity for us to find something better.2010 will be a better year,just stay positive.

Sorry to hear about everyone in Salisbury.. I guess I should've known something was up when they had us start loading all our 071 freight through 027. Hope 2010 brings everyone there a better year.

Not if enough employees get tired of being ::shit:: on.

I understand that Estes is a business and we're too big now for the "family" feel anymore, and things have to be ran a certain way, but its what's really lacking in their decisions and mentality, is what is really starting to get out of hand. The lack of professionalism from anyone in management higher up than a dock sup is worse than pathetic. All you get from anyone is a ::shit:: attitude about everything. The playing of the economy card and the well you're just never going to find another job this good, is really really getting old. I understand I make pretty good money, and that I should be lucky (at least for now) Estes is about the only LTL company that still has fulltime dockhands, and here at 024 we've continued to have enough freight to not have to reduce out workforce, but how about just a little bit of honesty and a little bit of integrity. The last time I checked we (the workforce) have just as much on the line as anyone from management does up to and including Rob himself. I just don't understand how taking a big fat ::shit:: on the employees all the time is helping them maintain the "open door" policy. Last hired, first let go is the way it should be. I have a tough time thinking a linehaul driver with 10 years in, is going to say no to moving to a Utility spot to keep his job until another run opens up. Having runs that are the exact same as linehaul runs, being considered hub runs, is ridiculous. A meet and turn is a meet and turn.. Why the different pay? That's just one example... I just wish they'd quit trying to scam everyone, be fair, honest and treat us with the respect they think they deserve. Merry Christmas everyone

the sad part is all these supposed changes to make us better is what is loseing freight and causeing the layoffs (letgo's). most of these lane changes have turned 1 day freight to 2 day, and why go with us when they can get it there faster for the same money? i think he needs a new think tank !!

they say the numbers are up but in my experiance they don't look at numbers, are they wouldn't have let Jennifer go. a sales lady we had that double are numbers in a couple of weeks , and when they forced her out she took every stick with her in three days all because a dumbass dispatcher couldn't keep up with her and the buddy buddy system kicked in and kicked her out. well run machine IMO

Arrow trucking going out of buisness got me thinking of this place.
Went the Dad was the owner things were good, the son took it and put it in the ground.
Old man Estes would have never stood for what has gone on at this company the last year I would think.
But Rob is at the helm now and could give a ::shit:: about employees that put there hard earned time in at this company.

A meet and turn is a meet and turn.. Why the different pay? That's just one example... I just wish they'd quit trying to scam everyone, be fair, honest and treat us with the respect they think they deserve.
Same thing they did at YRCW July 08'. And why is the gossip ay YRCW that Estes is buying YRCW property and covering YRCW freight behind Teamster backs?
Is Rob sleeping with Bill? Any GlenMore trucks hanging around Estes barns?

Dont know about covering freight behind the teamsters back. But like KD said, keep the rent checks coming. Have not seen GlennMore trucks at any Estes barns.

Same thing they did at YRCW July 08'. And why is the gossip ay YRCW that Estes is buying YRCW property and covering YRCW freight behind Teamster backs?
Is Rob sleeping with Bill? Any GlenMore trucks hanging around Estes barns?

Since when did anyone put any fact behind a "gossip"..Survival of the fittest,man."Dog eat Dog" in your case...:biglaugh: